Jump to content

Stranraer v Queens Pk


Recommended Posts

Amazingly if the blues beat the spiders on Saturday we will go above them.At the moment Stranraer have a confidence about them which has probably missing up until about 6 weeks ago,and when your team is confident supporters are usually confident as well,although QP have done well this season,this is one which Stranraer should win,although that was said when they beat us 2-0 at Stair Pk.The only change to the team will probably be Craig Pettigrew coming in for the suspended Morgyn Neil,although the Mickey Donald/Kyle Turner debate goes on,but we all know what Kyle can do and his turn will come once we get ourselves out of danger,experience is probably vital in our position.Going for a home win to take the unbeaten run going,unbeaten in 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Zanatta looking like he'll score in every game (and what a dampener that will have on his game!!), I'm confident about this one.  The defence have been a wee bit shaky recently, but they've generally been a rock this year and I'd expect normal service to be resumed.

Massive game as the Blues have picked up considerably.  No one is stranded at the bottom and we could end up third or tenth in this league.  Wins are what will make the difference.

Always a good day out, and being in the wee stand will help amplify the vocal encouragement.

Away win.  Sore head on Sunday. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last time down there was a fantastic day and result. Gutted to be missing it, but hopefully the boys can put in another performance. We've not looked quite as solid at the back in recent times, but Zanatta is a big threat for us. Draw would be fine, win would be magnificent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TOPFITTER
1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

although the Mickey Donald/Kyle Turner debate goes on,but we all know what Kyle can do

Yes as does the manager and he is going for the effective solid midfield option rather than the soft centre hopeful one. Think he saw one of the teams biggest weaknesses early on was centre-midfield and he sorted it ! As for Donald/Turner, manager on the ball again.

Expect at least a draw, if Stranraer stay mean at the back and solid in centre-mid then a win is a distinct possibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Amazingly if the blues beat the spiders on Saturday we will go above them.At the moment Stranraer have a confidence about them which has probably missing up until about 6 weeks ago,and when your team is confident supporters are usually confident as well,although QP have done well this season,this is one which Stranraer should win,although that was said when they beat us 2-0 at Stair Pk.The only change to the team will probably be Craig Pettigrew coming in for the suspended Morgyn Neil,although the Mickey Donald/Kyle Turner debate goes on,but we all know what Kyle can do and his turn will come once we get ourselves out of danger,experience is probably vital in our position.Going for a home win to take the unbeaten run going,unbeaten in 6.

Liam Dick is suspended as well. Would imagine Pettigrew in at LB, Bell at CB and Wilson in midfield. But we'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With 12 points from the last 6 games for Stranraer versus our paltry 5 it actually looks a home banker. Fortunately, we're in a league where anything can happen. I just hope at teatime I don't feel as forlorn as leaving Brechin, although that might have had something to do with having to get up at 4:30 the next morning.

Despite all the hope for young Dario and his new apprentice we have to be realistic about this. The introduction of the U20 teams in the League Cup was roundly mocked with a general view that these young fellas aren't ready yet. Our borrowed youngsters will do better of course with the company they are keeping but it's still a lot of weight on their shoulders, broad as they are. But we are where we are - without any tried and tested strikers - and so it'll be another afternoon of hard work, lots of effort and the hope that individuals can do something special. I'd settle this week for our key central defenders to get the spring back in their boots and play like the unit they were before Christmas.

Good luck to all the players. Make your own luck. Find the enthusiasm you had when you had your first trial for the school team. Play like you did before you were coached. Play for the sake of the game.8) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The introduction of the U20 teams in the League Cup was roundly mocked with a general view that these young fellas aren't ready yet. 

That's not why it was derided. It was derided because it's a blatant attempt to get "Colt" teams into the league on the agenda. Loaning the better players out works. Some  young players are ready and some aren't and never will be. Zanatta is certainly more than ready for this level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, an86 said:

That's not why it was derided. It was derided because it's a blatant attempt to get "Colt" teams into the league on the agenda. Loaning the better players out works. Some  young players are ready and some aren't and never will be. Zanatta is certainly more than ready for this level. 

It must be lovely in your world where you're always right. Your 'blatant' comment was also part of the equation but there was loads of comment, from a wide circle, about how generally colt teams, without any senior players, couldn't cope. I think our five goals against Killie would reinforce that given we've never managed more than two in a league game all season.

Zanatta is doing well and his goal last week was significant but he hasn't been cracking them in every week. Like Duggan last year, who worked tirelessly and battled hard but didn't have many goals to show for his graft. And yet he is doing much better at Fife this season. Wonder if it's got anything to do with playing for a team whose midfielders are allowed to sit higher up the pitch to support the forwards as opposed to a team whose midfielders are held back to protect the defence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It must be lovely in your world where you're always right. Your 'blatant' comment was also part of the equation but there was loads of comment, from a wide circle, about how generally colt teams, without any senior players, couldn't cope. I think our five goals against Killie would reinforce that given we've never managed more than two in a league game all season.

Zanatta is doing well and his goal last week was significant but he hasn't been cracking them in every week. Like Duggan last year, who worked tirelessly and battled hard but didn't have many goals to show for his graft. And yet he is doing much better at Fife this season. Wonder if it's got anything to do with playing for a team whose midfielders are allowed to sit higher up the pitch to support the forwards as opposed to a team whose midfielders are held back to protect the defence.

It's a forum and it's about opinions. I'll state "in my opinion" before every statement from now on if that helps? 

I disagree with you on Duggan. I thought he was a player who played when he was interested and downed tools at other times. I think his performances took an upturn towards the end of the season when it became apparent that Partick Thistle weren't going to be offering him a deal. He had to play for a decent move and got one to a good part-time club. His performances this season improvement is probably down to the fact that the he has aspirations of a return to full-time football and he won't get it by downing tools in League One. Having said that, a cracking player when he's interested and a major part in our success last season.

Incredible that you're still having digs at tactics when we're in our best position in a generation. It was the same last season, when we were promoted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zaltan said:

I believe that Zanatta has 4 in his last 5 games

Yes, but that's hardly Dugganesque whose best run for us last season was three in six games so there! Err, wait a minute.............oops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Horrible, anti football, from Queens Park but well drilled and professional performance.
Stranraer had all the ball first half and maybe were matched second half but struggled to create real chances.
Robertson put in a few fantastic ball but we didn't have anyone to get on the end of it.
Unfortunately the same player was to blame for the QP goal.
Unbeaten run continues for the new management which is a positive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah,  a lot of opposition fans say that when they fail to beat us


If Stranraer did it and it got results I'd be quite content.
Well organised team who came and stuck to their task. For that credit has to be given.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...