Livingston v Stenhousemuir

Top vs Bottom on Tuesday night, but I wouldn't read too much into league standings, I'm expecting a tough game as there really isn't an awful lot between any of the teams in this league, including ourselves. 

Stenny have improved over the course of the season, I'm not going to lie I had them dead and buried only a few weeks into the season, but they have fought their way back and are only a couple points from safety now. 

We've hit 4 past Stenny on both occasions this season but I expect a tighter game this time around. 

Hopefully the weather holds out because our pitch won't take much to become unplayable, it's verging on unplayable now.

Hoping for a crowd over 600 this Tuesday, sad that I'm hoping we get more than 600. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston should be a stick on to win this, they've comfortably bodied us in every other match this season, but they seem to have a strange habit of capitulating against the wee teams, so who knows what might happen?

This match is a free swing for the Warriors, so as long as we put in a strong performance and head into the weekend's match with Albion Rovers in good spirits, I'd be pretty content.

Yeah I don't think this will be as comfortable as the last 2 games against Stenny, our pitch makes it a bit of a lottery with games turning scrappy, but a scrappy 1-0 win would be just as welcome as the previous two results against them.

Where did all this effin snow come from - two inches in Murieston already.

Unfortunately even if the snow does melt there's awful drainage at the vale - ideally they would get dozens of volunteers to turn up with brushes and move it off before it melts but that's not going to happen.

If snow was forecast then I suppose there's an outside chance they have the covers down but without a full-time ground staff that's a challenge

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

here did all this effin snow come from - two inches in Murieston already.

Unfortunately even if the snow does melt there's awful drainage at the vale - ideally they would get dozens of volunteers to turn up with brushes and move it off before it melts but that's not going to happen.

If snow was forecast then I suppose there's an outside chance they have the covers down but without a full-time ground staff that's a challenge

The snow was forecast yep.

Shouldn't take many folk to put tarpolines down, would take a few bodies to take them off again though, when they're covered in snow. I'm not holding much hope they got them down but you'd have thought it would be fairly obv if the game was in doubt/have no chance, and we'd get an early call off, so you never know, they may just have put them down.

The snow was forecast yep.

Shouldn't take many folk to put tarpolines down, would take a few bodies to take them off again though, when they're covered in snow. I'm not holding much hope they got them down but you'd have thought it would be fairly obv if the game was in doubt/have no chance, and we'd get an early call off, so you never know, they may just have put them down.

What's a tarpoline???

Something you can bounce up and down on and stick too at the same time???

Just now, ATLIS said:

Byrne in the team for tonight? Guessing they've appealed it or we're doing a Crusaders all over again

Just seen that on twitter when they put up the teamsht. Last I heard he got banned for 5games with a further 3 game ban suspended till xmas. We can't be stupid enough to be playing him when he's banned, esp after leaving him out against Stranraer. I've got the fear now, we're going to feck up our promotion with a points deduction.

Archived