Arbroath v Edinburgh

Really need to win here and get as many points as we can in the next 4 games to give us a chance.

Same team but Prunty in for Scott I'd say.

Forfar have a tricky tie in Montrose.

This isn't easy for the nerves this supporting a football team nonsense.

Cmon the Broath.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this one, will be visiting the match (probs as a neutral supporter) during the Edinburgh Easter getaway my gf and I booked. Hope the club store is usually well-stocked, planning to buy one or two match tops and maybe some random guff.

Will bring a Dutch flag with me and tie it down somewhere, do come say hi during the match as I'll see if I can bring some local treats along.

There is no way he is going to leave out the captain after one slightly quiet game, same team for me but would possibly bring Prunty in, really not sure Jimmy is 100% fit and despite Brian missing chances he looks fairly sharp. The two home games are absolute must win games starting with this one.

There is no way he is going to leave out the captain after one slightly quiet game, same team for me but would possibly bring Prunty in, really not sure Jimmy is 100% fit and despite Brian missing chances he looks fairly sharp. The two home games are absolute must win games starting with this one.

The remaining games are all must wins

Dick seems to have it in his head that Jimmys one of the first names on his team sheet, still surprised he started on Saturday after prunty scoring and the fact Scott's been out injured,  So I can't see anything apart from same team that started against Forfar, 

Almost wish this was away from home with our record away and the negativity from some sections, Either way need to get behind who ever starts and get the win,

jimmy defo was not fit on saturday. prutny was unlucky on sat not to score from a couple of knock downs from doris. i have yo say we looked the fitter side on sat the last 15 some forfar players were breathing out there arses. bring on sat home win and forfar slipping up at montrose

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Drop the prices for this, get as many of the 800 odd that travelled to Forfar through to gates on Saturday.

In absence of such a scheme, maybe opt for children go for half price/free. Something clubs of all levels should press on with, fostering the next generation of fans.

To Dutch Borderer would suggest if you have time that you visit Arbroath Abbey the place where our nation was forged under Robert The Bruce and the resting place of William The Lion.

As regards the game hope we give the pitch a good watering to allow the ball to played along the deck without bobbling.

3 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Really looking forward to this one, will be visiting the match (probs as a neutral supporter) during the Edinburgh Easter getaway my gf and I booked. Hope the club store is usually well-stocked, planning to buy one or two match tops and maybe some random guff.

Will bring a Dutch flag with me and tie it down somewhere, do come say hi during the match as I'll see if I can bring some local treats along.

I hope you enjoy your visit to Arbroath, I hope to speak to sometime during the game or before. I will be looking for the Dutch flag and presume it is you! 

We're fighting for our lives thanks to Kris Renton and the referees watch. 

F**k parking the bus we need to go for it. So do Arbroath. Could be a very interesting open game with a few goals like our 3-3 earlier in the season 

You'd be better off parking the bus against us tbh. We struggle to break down teams at home.

:angry:

this should be entitled

Arbroath v CITY

that's CITY

have you got it yet? CITY

FUCKIN' CITY

We have never, never, never been called Edinburgh. Not even in the Scottish League days of the 1930s when we played at a ground called CITY Park. Not Edinburgh Park. If it's confusing then just remember that we were a Scottish League Club 70 years before Elgin pretend City were. It might get a might confusing if Brechin Privet City come down admittedly but "Edinburgh" are a bunch of wanky subsidised egg chasing losers who can't find a suitable ground to play in because outside of wanky bourgeois Edinburgh barbour jacket wearing Tory egg chasing watching tossers no one gives a stuff about them. And that's why I get peeved when we get called "Edinburgh". OK, Aberbrothickans?

Apart from that we'll probably lose heavily on Saturday. Ho hum. :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Local Dutch treats? Can you bring hookers over?

I'd make a joke about my gf coming along but must display class as a representative of my nation. Don't think Easyjet allows for an indeterminate amount of spacecake to come along for the journey sadly.

I'd make a joke about my gf coming along but must display class as a representative of my nation. Don't think Easyjet allows for an indeterminate amount of spacecake to come along for the journey sadly.

How about the truffles then?

Archived