Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Some total erses elected as Tory coonsullors but this guy. What a knob... in a manner of speaking.

Is he Brian Spanner?

New Tory councillor unmasked as influential arch-'BritNat' Twitter troll who boasts of his manhood online

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15272792.New_Tory_councillor_unmasked_as_influential_arch__BritNat__Twitter_troll_who_boasts_of_his_manhood_online/?ref=mr&lp=1

Why yes, thankyou for asking.
Killie fans, natch,
Fans of other teams outwith the old firm
Our glorious leader, Wee Nic of Dreghorn.
Supt Ted Hastings from Line of Duty (though the last couple of scenes from the last episode might wobble that a wee bit)
Charlize Theron
Michelle Pfeiffer
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Professor Jim Al Khalili
Dr Philippa Whitford
Rik Mayall
Morrissey
Thom Yorke
Angelina Jolie

Not funny, yet again.

7 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

One day you'll post a comment with substance. Nah! You're destined to post irrelevant shite.

Give us some of your wrestling patter, you sad twat!

As a shoot this is pretty timid stuff.

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 47% (+10)
LAB: 30% (-)
LDEM: 7% (-1)
UKIP: 5% (-9)
GRN: 3% (-1)

(@Survation / phone method)
Chgs. w/ GE

Some total erses elected as Tory coonsullors but this guy. What a knob... in a manner of speaking.
Is he Brian Spanner?
New Tory councillor unmasked as influential arch-'BritNat' Twitter troll who boasts of his manhood online
http://www.thenational.scot/news/15272792.New_Tory_councillor_unmasked_as_influential_arch__BritNat__Twitter_troll_who_boasts_of_his_manhood_online/?ref=mr&lp=1

Brian Spanner is Murdo Fraser

No – Spanner is a nasty piece of work, but cunning. Murdo Fraser is cretinous.

Fair point.

I like the theory it's JK Rowling tbh. Imagine the media if that one was true.

Kenny Farquharson has tweeted that Scottish Labour are saying that they are ahead or within a percentage point of the SNP in the following Westminister seats, based on ward voting in the council elections.  I have added the sitting SNP MPs majority for reference.

East Lothian Labour: 33.08% SNP: 27.92% Difference: +5.16 (SNP maj - 6,803)

Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill Labour: 42.95% SNP: 41.3% Difference: +1.65 (SNP Maj - 11,501)

Lanark and Hamilton East Labour: 32.12% SNP: 31.21% Difference: +0.91 (SNP Maj - 10,100)

Midlothian Labour: 30.2% SNP: 30.67% Difference: -0.46 (SNP maj - 9,859)

Airdrie and Shotts Labour: 39.05% SNP: 39.55 Difference: -0.50 (SNP maj - 8,779)

Glasgow South West Labour: 38.38% SNP: 39.12% Difference: -0.74 (SNP maj - 9,950)

Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath Labour: 33.58% SNP: 34.56% Difference: -0.97(SNP maj - 9,974)

I've seen a few people make comparisons between the SNP vote in the local elections last week, the 2015 General Election and the 2016 Scottish Parliament elections - I think these comparisons are disingenuous.  These figures can be illuminating - actual votes in real elections are always going to be a good guide - but local elections are different to national elections.  Something like 10% of the vote nationally went to independent candidates, that obviously isn't going to be replicated.  If you compare the 2011 Scottish Parliament election to the 2012 local elections you see a drop off for the SNP but one that wasn't sustained into national elections in 2015 or 2016.

On the other hand, the turnout for these local elections was pretty solid, especially considering they were stand alone elections not on the same day as a national election.  That could suggest that these results will be more closely replicated on the day.

Overall, I'd be very surprised if the Labour Party win any of these seats on June 8th.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Kenny Farquharson has tweeted that Scottish Labour are saying that they are ahead or within a percentage point of the SNP in the following Westminister seats, based on ward voting in the council elections.  I have added the sitting SNP MPs majority for reference.

East Lothian Labour: 33.08% SNP: 27.92% Difference: +5.16 (SNP maj - 6,803)

Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill Labour: 42.95% SNP: 41.3% Difference: +1.65 (SNP Maj - 11,501)

Lanark and Hamilton East Labour: 32.12% SNP: 31.21% Difference: +0.91 (SNP Maj - 10,100)

Midlothian Labour: 30.2% SNP: 30.67% Difference: -0.46 (SNP maj - 9,859)

Airdrie and Shotts Labour: 39.05% SNP: 39.55 Difference: -0.50 (SNP maj - 8,779)

Glasgow South West Labour: 38.38% SNP: 39.12% Difference: -0.74 (SNP maj - 9,950)

Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath Labour: 33.58% SNP: 34.56% Difference: -0.97(SNP maj - 9,974)

I've seen a few people make comparisons between the SNP vote in the local elections last week, the 2015 General Election and the 2016 Scottish Parliament elections - I think these comparisons are disingenuous.  These figures can be illuminating - actual votes in real elections are always going to be a good guide - but local elections are different to national elections.  Something like 10% of the vote nationally went to independent candidates, that obviously isn't going to be replicated.  If you compare the 2011 Scottish Parliament election to the 2012 local elections you see a drop off for the SNP but one that wasn't sustained into national elections in 2015 or 2016.

On the other hand, the turnout for these local elections was pretty solid, especially considering they were stand alone elections not on the same day as a national election.  That could suggest that these results will be more closely replicated on the day.

Overall, I'd be very surprised if the Labour Party win any of these seats on June 8th.

:lol:

Man, are SLAB desperate.

Not only is it a completely different voting system, but voter turnout will differ greatly.

It's like comparing apples and space shuttles.

f**k me, Scottish Labour are an utter shambles.

3 minutes ago, Fide said:

:lol:

Man, are SLAB desperate.

Not only is it a completely different voting system, but voter turnout will differ greatly.

It's like comparing apples and space shuttles.

f**k me, Scottish Labour are an utter shambles.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the voting system is completely different, doh.

Young people will be too busy sexting each other and taking legal highs to vote whereas the elderly have nothing to do aside from watch Homes Under the Hammer and vote in elections.

Just now, Sooky said:

If only they voted ;)

Well, therein lies the rub.

We know that the auld yins will vote come rain or shine, hence why the major political parties pander to the grey vote to the extent they do.