Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

12 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yes we need an SNP poster which clearly tells everyone to   "Vote for the SNP and help us join the United States of Europe" !

Independence for Scotland ? What a laugh, when the EU controls our laws, finances, borders, democracy, and ever increasing 'Europe-isation' ! 

Jeezo.

On 09/05/2017 at 19:47, BerwickMad said:

It wouldn't surprise me in East Lothian to be honest. The SNP are hardly popular and they're suffering from issues like over-development. I think the SNP vote will go down, however whether that vote goes to Labour or the Tories, who knows. I know people who voted Yes and SNP at the last election thinking again because of concerns about immigration and because they backed Brexit.

Views on the SNP aside, East Lothian was massively Remain. What I can't understand is why there's no push-back against the Tories for an imposed hard Brexit – and that issues like 'immigration' and being 'pro-Brexit' are suddenly seen as vote winners.

Views on the SNP aside, East Lothian was massively Remain. What I can't understand is why there's no push-back against the Tories for an imposed hard Brexit – and that issues like 'immigration' and being 'pro-Brexit' are suddenly seen as vote winners.

TV spin. Our ahem public broadcasters are disgusting. Media was anti brexit when Cameron was in charge; now it's pro brexit. ..Just pro tory to be honest.... all the old yins ' we won the war' types are lapping it up..

TV spin. Our ahem public broadcasters are disgusting. Media was anti brexit when Cameron was in charge; now it's pro brexit. ..Just pro tory to be honest.... all the old yins ' we won the war' types are lapping it up..

Even WeeWillie?

19 hours ago, Sunrise said:

I know you and your right-wing buddies would love this - Angus must be a fight between the SNP and Tories given cooncil vote, NO vote, fairly close REMAIN vote and reduced majority in 2016? Any Angus-ers on this thread confirm?

I'd also imagine East Lothian will be a third way between SNP, Labour and Tories (is the Labour candidate a Corbynite?)

Incumbency counts for a lot in Angus where Mike Weir is the ideal MP- quite low profile nd seemingly not great ambition for himself but hard working and diligent on behalf of his constituents.

The local Tories also seem determined to choose the most repellent local candidates possible; Alberto Costa and Sandy Bushby being the two prominent recent examples.

There may be a slight swing to the Tories but no chance they'll take the seat, IMO.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Incumbency counts for a lot in Angus where Mike Weir is the ideal MP- quite low profile nd seemingly not great ambition for himself but hard working and diligent on behalf of his constituents.

The local Tories also seem determined to choose the most repellent local candidates possible; Alberto Costa and Sandy Bushby being the two prominent recent examples.

There may be a slight swing to the Tories but no chance they'll take the seat, IMO.

Alberto Costa is a dreadful, dreadful human being.

2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Bad candidates may not be enough - the Lib Dems will surely win Edinburgh West back even with poor candidate Christine Jardine though. 

2 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

The woman who wrote it out didn't even get a new slip when she was getting the prices. Wee bit annoyed.

Last time I checked (Paddy, Skybet and Ladbrokes), all constituency bets are singles only. Unless the rules are different in-shop to what they are online, good luck on it getting settled in the unlikely event that it actually happens.

48 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

Last time I checked (Paddy, Skybet and Ladbrokes), all constituency bets are singles only. Unless the rules are different in-shop to what they are online, good luck on it getting settled in the unlikely event that it actually happens.

They'll pay out only on £2.75 singles, they'll never pay on an accumulator where common factors determine the outcome of each bet. They don't have to pay out when the bookie worker clearly made a palpable error in taking the bet. Serves him right for getting someone else to fill in his coupon imo.

They'll pay out only on £2.75 singles, they'll never pay on an accumulator where common factors determine the outcome of each bet. They don't have to pay out when the bookie worker clearly made a palpable error in taking the bet. Serves him right for getting someone else to fill in his coupon imo.

Tbh. He's a bit of a simpleton. I'd say he's just saying that because his writing is so atrocious