New clubs in the East of Scotland

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Podcast appearance by the new WoSFL Chair just after the WoS/EoS boundary decision was made. Only Harthill get name checked as having a choice from the East Juniors.

Great to see him give that much time for their questions and being so open and frank.

Looks like Harthill will have a choice - which means they'll go west - and that's it.

Really interesting to hear about all the other expressions of interest. You'd have to think that nothing like this would have happened if it hadn't been for the jump to seniors. It's really breathed new life into some structures that had clearly gone stale.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Great to see him give that much time for their questions and being so open and frank.

Looks like Harthill will have a choice - which means they'll go west - and that's it.

Really interesting to hear about all the other expressions of interest. You'd have to think that nothing like this would have happened if it hadn't been for the jump to seniors. It's really breathed new life into some structures that had clearly gone stale.

Once the Lowland League maxed out at 16 members it was inevitable something was going to change underneath the pyramid even if the Juniors didn't sign on collectively. With clubs like East Kilbride, BSC Glasgow, and Cumbernauld Colts who have their links in the West amateurs and youth clubs a WoSFL would have happened eventually. You could see that with the attempt they had in late 2017.

The West Juniors have at least made it easier for themselves by signing up all at once.

Great Podcast with excellent Guest Speaker!

Looks as though Harthill Royal are the only West Lothian Juniors club which can apply to the WoS. I wonder if they will stop short of going ahead with that as it appears that all of the remainder of the WL clubs won't be allowed in.

It will be interesting to see what Armadale Thistle, Fauldhouse United and Stoneyburn Juniors decide to try next. I hope that they will kick the past into touch and go ahead positively with applications to the EoS. 

Any more news on the Bo'ness Juniors CFC and Sauchie CFC situations?

42 minutes ago, Dev said:

Looks as though Harthill Royal are the only West Lothian Juniors club which can apply to the WoS. I wonder if they will stop short of going ahead with that as it appears that all of the remainder of the WL clubs won't be allowed in.

It will be interesting to see what Armadale Thistle, Fauldhouse United and Stoneyburn Juniors decide to try next. I hope that they will kick the past into touch and go ahead positively with applications to the EoS

Agreed. I hope they all go EoS but I just had a wee look at the West Lothian map to refresh my memory, and totally forgot how close Fauldhouse were to the boundary. Personally, if Harthill can apply WoS I see no issue with Fauldhouse trying too.

Agreed. I hope they all go EoS but I just had a wee look at the West Lothian map to refresh my memory, and totally forgot how close Fauldhouse were to the boundary. Personally, if Harthill can apply WoS I see no issue with Fauldhouse trying too.
Fauldhouse is in West Lothian, Harthill is in North Lanarkshire.

42 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
44 minutes ago, Rockall said:

Fauldhouse is in West Lothian, Harthill is in North Lanarkshire.

Just to be clear, two-thirds of Harthill is in North Lanarkshire, one-third is in West Lothian.

But yes, all of Fauldhouse is in West Lothian so it's a different issue. 

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 21.18.06.png

24 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Just to be clear, two-thirds of Harthill is in North Lanarkshire, one-third is in West Lothian.

But yes, all of Fauldhouse is in West Lothian so it's a different issue. 

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 21.18.06.png

Gordon
That one third of Harthill you've got as West Lothian is actually Greenrigg not Harthill. It's a separate village with its own school and road sign as you approach from Whitburn.  I think there are only a couple of houses over the road from the Harthill ground which might be within West Lothian but would probably have Harthill as their address.

1 minute ago, PastyMan said:

Gordon
That one third of Harthill you've got as West Lothian is actually Greenrigg not Harthill. It's a separate village with its own school and road sign as you approach from Whitburn.  I think there are only a couple of houses over the road from the Harthill ground which might be within West Lothian but would probably have Harthill as their address.

Correct. Greenrigg is West Lothian. Harthill and Eastfield are not.

2 hours ago, Dev said:

It will be interesting to see what Armadale Thistle, Fauldhouse United and Stoneyburn Juniors decide to try next. I hope that they will kick the past into touch and go ahead positively with applications to the EoS. 

No firm commitment disclosed but likely Bo’ness Juniors will apply to EoS - seems to have went down quite positively with the locals after the local press covered the story

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

20 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Gordon

I know the estate is called Greenrigg but it's not a separate place. It doesn't even have a single shop. There are also quite a lot of newer houses on the other side of the road that definitely aren't part of Greenrigg, in Baillie Avenue. Having a primary school doesn't make any difference, there are primary schools in Linlithgow called Linlithgow Bridge and Springfield but those are both part of Linlithgow. As for road signs, as you say there's a sign on the way into Greenrigg with that name but there are no signs from anywhere to Greenrigg - from Whitburn the signs say Harthill.

Obviously I've never lived there but I've spent more time there than I would have liked.

People from Greenrigg don't say they're from Greenrigg, they say they're from Harthill.

Anyway, if your view were generally accepted then it would probably mean Harthill Royal should stay in the East 😬

ETA I just looked up the official postal address of Greenrigg Primary School. It's:

Greenrigg Primary School

Polkemmet Road

Harthill

SHOTTS

ML7 5RF

Edited by GordonS

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I know the estate is called Greenrigg but it's not a separate place. It doesn't even have a single shop. There are also quite a lot of newer houses on the other side of the road that definitely aren't part of Greenrigg, in Baillie Avenue. Having a primary school doesn't make any difference, there are primary schools in Linlithgow called Linlithgow Bridge and Springfield but those are both part of Linlithgow. As for road signs, as you say there's a sign on the way into Greenrigg with that name but there are no signs from anywhere to Greenrigg - from Whitburn the signs say Harthill.

Obviously I've never lived there but I've spent more time there than I would have liked.

People from Greenrigg don't say they're from Greenrigg, they say they're from Harthill.

Anyway, if your view were generally accepted then it would probably mean Harthill Royal should stay in the East 😬

ETA I just looked up the official postal address of Greenrigg Primary School. It's:

Greenrigg Primary School

Polkemmet Road

Harthill

SHOTTS

ML7 5RF

Majority of Bo’ness people still associate themselves with West Lothian!

West Lothian postcode, West Lothian phone number...

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

Just now, Sure & Stedfast said:

Majority of Bo’ness people still associate themselves with West Lothian!

I would accept them back into the fold, you know, as a sort of outreach programme, but only if they accepted changing the name back to Linlithgowshire.

8 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

No firm commitment disclosed but likely Bo’ness Juniors will apply to EoS - seems to have went down quite positively with the locals after the local press covered the story

Any news whether Linlithgow Rose Community (renamed) are likely to submit a application to the EOSFL after going into abeyance for the curtailed season. Or are they candidates to return to Amateur football?

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I would accept them back into the fold, you know, as a sort of outreach programme, but only if they accepted changing the name back to Linlithgowshire.

Can’t see it. Guys that run them are Bo’ness men.

If accepted, why the outreach programme?? Nothing to stop them rising through the leagues as a separate entity.

7 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Can’t see it. Guys that run them are Bo’ness men.

If accepted, why the outreach programme?? Nothing to stop them rising through the leagues as a separate entity.

😂 When you said Bo'ness I presumed you meant the town!

Whether Harthill are Lanarkshire or Lothian the East of Scotland League has Tweedmouth Rangers in it and they're from England! 

Talking of England their pyramid system sometimes throws up geographic inconsistencies. If you look at the Wikipedia entry for National League North it has a map of the catchment areas for National Leagues South and North and an area comprising a line across from South Wales through the South Midlands called "Border" where clubs get shoved into either. Kings Lynn Town have been in their short history Northern League, Southern League and then National League North.