Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 minute ago, renton said:

But yeah... fucked.

I have no doubts that if it turns out she has, beyond all doubt, it won't have been on purpose. Intent means f**k all in politics though; whether she points to others in Bojo's cabinet and uses them as the reason to not resign, or simply says during a pandemic it wouldn't be responsible and she will step down once it's all sorted I don't know. Can't see a clear path for her. 

6 minutes ago, renton said:

So... Salmond loyalist in the SNP contingent or Wightman?

Wightman.

Looks like they've said 'misled' rather than 'knowingly misled' which means it's not necessarily a breach of the code so not necessarily a resignation issue, but it's still going to do lasting damage.

Edited by Dunning1874

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

I am not sure what the committee is even talking about there.

Alex Salmond left the meeting with the impression Nicola would intervene. She said she did not intend to give that impression and Salmond got the wrong end of the stick.

I'm not sure how that amounts to misleading the comittee? One person took away a different understanding of a meeting compared to another. I don't Salmond lied about thinking that Sturgeon would intervene when the time is right.

Is there anything else they are accusing her of misleading them about?

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I am not sure what the committee is even talking about there.

Alex Salmond left the meeting with the impression Nicola would intervene. She said she did not intend to give that impression and Salmond got the wrong end of the stick.

I'm not sure how that amounts to misleading the comittee? One person took away a different understanding of a meeting compared to another. I don't Salmond lied about thinking that Sturgeon would intervene when the time is right.

Is there anything else they are accusing her of misleading them about?

Probably about dates. 

Much that I despise the SNP, it would be the worst kind of hypocrisy if she had to go over this, given the ministerial code breaches at Westminster. They’ve all held on to their jobs.

That said, the SNP appear to have gone into full blown “implode mode”. Her husband appears to be the common denominator amidst the carnage.

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Wightman.

Looks like they've said 'misled' rather than 'knowingly misled' which means it's not necessarily a breach of the code so not necessarily a resignation issue, but it's still going to do lasting damage.

p***k.

Aye, the next seven weeks will be about this now. Every press question, every debate, the lot. 

4 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Much that I despise the SNP, it would be the worst kind of hypocrisy if she had to go over this, given the ministerial code breaches at Westminster. They’ve all held on to their jobs.

That said, the SNP appear to have gone into full blown “implode mode”. Her husband appears to be the common denominator amidst the carnage.

Are you feeling alright?