Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

I get the criticism of people who expected to see more of an overt strategy of pushing for independence but it's pretty obvious that Sturgeon's tactic has been to be seen exhausting every possible avenue of working within the UK given the 2014 result so that the shift towards pushing for indyref2 isn't just seen as opportunism. Which also bears out with Sturgeon's natural cautiousness and how explicitly non-radical the SNP are. And the polling is bearing that strategy out for now. 
Even Cherry agreed with it as a strategy.

Where there is a disagreement is revealing plan B if (as expected) plan A fails.

Personally, I'm of the view that you don't tell the enemy what you are going to do

More absolute "BOMBSHELL Evidence" released this afternoon.

Surely this is all we have been waiting for to bring the SNP Government down and burn the hated Nicola Sturgeon at the stake, and replace it with a corrupt free and honest tory government.

Aye Right.

We all know how the tories hold the Scottish people in the highest regard?

Edited by SandyCromarty

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Why did her husband not get an invite to a meeting about "party business"?  He previously stated that he didn't attend as it was government business.  I personally don't believe it as I don't see why it would be any business of the party when the Government were investigating the former head of the Government under a policy written by the civil service.

^^^ Sitting on a computer at midnight explaining why the winner was offside whilst Nicola and the lads are drinking champagne out of the cup in a local nightclub

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19137148.salmond-inquiry-scots-still-trust-nicola-sturgeon-rebecca-mcquillan/?ref=twtrec

Salmond inquiry: Most Scots still trust Nicola Sturgeon, by Rebecca McQuillan

THERE’S consternation in suburbia. “It’s shocking what they’re doing to Nicola Sturgeon!” declared a friend of mine yesterday, full of righteous fury. “The opposition just believe everything Alex Salmond says.”

Seems about right.

1 minute ago, Stinky Bone said:

Nope.  I fear the chance has been and gone, Brexit.  Now we have the whole Salmond/Sturgeon carry on that should have been dealt with last year. 

Its fucked now. 

What chance?

Brexit, and the SNP response to it, has played a fairly significant role in building the support for independence to where it is now - the majority opinion in Scotland. 

The Brexit chance.  

Ian Blackford  said "Scotland would not be taken out of the EU against its will"  

We were though. 

Now the Salmond/Sturgeon saga has damaged our chances.  Both of them have. 

What specifically do you mean by “The Brexit chance?”? The chance to do what? 

16 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19137148.salmond-inquiry-scots-still-trust-nicola-sturgeon-rebecca-mcquillan/?ref=twtrec

Salmond inquiry: Most Scots still trust Nicola Sturgeon, by Rebecca McQuillan

THERE’S consternation in suburbia. “It’s shocking what they’re doing to Nicola Sturgeon!” declared a friend of mine yesterday, full of righteous fury. “The opposition just believe everything Alex Salmond says.”

Seems about right.

The Wire Remembered: 10 years later, the fake new plotline has bitter  resonance | EW.com

4 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Nope.  I fear the chance has been and gone, Brexit.  Now we have the whole Salmond/Sturgeon carry on that should have been dealt with last year. 

Its fucked now. 

I must disagree.

By common consent, Nicola was too quick after the brexit vote and there was no zeitgeist.

Hard miles after, I rather think that this Salmond farrago goes some way to distancing us from the bombast that characterised the past.

If Nicola continues to strike the same chord over the course of this year, we have the core of our new nation.

The Brexit chance.  
Ian Blackford  said "Scotland would not be taken out of the EU against its will"  
We were though. 
Now the Salmond/Sturgeon saga has damaged our chances.  Both of them have. 
When Yes was polling behind No?

A yer da phanny living in another reality.

The chance to assert the right that our parliament (Holyrood in case you were wondering) is sovereign, and that we do not accept being taken out of Europe. 

We assert our government as the democratically will of the people and hold a referendum, if we want to, or hold a plebiscite election. 

The moment has gone now though, we missed the boat. 

Despite the attempts by people who don't like what they say to discredit them, polls matter, massively.

It would be a monumental mistake by the SG to call a referendum while polls don't show a strong support for independence. It is a massive card to play and you do not play it unless you're confident you're going to win.

Just now, Stinky Bone said:

The chance to assert the right that our parliament (Holyrood in case you were wondering) is sovereign, and that we do not accept being taken out of Europe. 

We assert our government as the democratically will of the people and hold a referendum, if we want to, or hold a plebiscite election. 

The moment has gone now though, we missed the boat. 

And you don’t think that holding a referendum when Yes was still trailing in the polls and would have likely lost might have somewhat weakened the independence movement’s position?