Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Old but interesting... Definitely parallels between 2015 and now.. Coming from the Lib Dem voice too..

https://www.libdemvoice.org/opinion-we-shouldnt-demonise-the-scots-or-the-snp-45708.html

Demonising is the language of choice for Scots unionists. The boat has sailed on this. It's all they've got. 

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Old but interesting... Definitely parallels between 2015 and now.. Coming from the Lib Dem voice too..

https://www.libdemvoice.org/opinion-we-shouldnt-demonise-the-scots-or-the-snp-45708.html

Tremendous comments on that article, BTW.

The blind thrashing around aimlessly producing answers for a "problem" that they've made a minimal effort to understand.

That poll on Scotsman is interesting in that only 25% of SNP voters think she should go under those circumstances, considering SNP voters make up half the voters that is not too bad.

I suspect that the  % of Labour/Lib Dem voters who do not think she should resign might reflect the Pro Indy ones. It has been said around 34% of labour voters are Pro Indy and by looks of things it might be well over 49% of Lib Dem voters are sympathetic to the cause.

There is another story on Scotsman Twitter page just now, suggesting that the private text messages that Alex Salmnod alleged showed a conspiracy against him are actually very tame and don't back that up.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The "Eh hate that wummin" crowd who when pushed can't actually tell youu in their own words why.

She looks like Jimmy Krankie, but.

Scotland demands sexy First Ministers, like...erm...

17 hours ago, HTG said:

Demonising is the language of choice for Scots unionists. The boat has sailed on this. It's all they've got. 

It's ironic because the pro Independence campaign is always lead by grievance and perceived injustice, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone in favour of Indy make a positive case rather for it rather than "we need to do it because Wesminster is the devil."

I'd say human beings are more prone to being scared and fearful than they are optimistic and adventurous, why take risks when you're comfortable, most election campaigns work on demonising the opposition and perceived negatives rather than selling a positive story. 

In short, if you're playing politics you'd be dumb not to use such tactics. 

47 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

It's ironic because the pro Independence campaign is always lead by grievance and perceived injustice, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone in favour of Indy make a positive case rather for it rather than "we need to do it because Wesminster is the devil."

I'd say human beings are more prone to being scared and fearful than they are optimistic and adventurous, why take risks when you're comfortable, most election campaigns work on demonising the opposition and perceived negatives rather than selling a positive story. 

Absolutely correct.

When I start telling people who are getting ‘romantic and braveheartish’ about Independence that they’ve got 10 to 15 years of austerity ahead, that their pensions are in doubt, that their mortgage interest rates will soar, that their currency (the groat?) will be worthless, they may think I’m talking crap, but they will pay attention and give it some thought amidst the growing doubts that will increasingly set in.

39 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I don't want to belabour the point but where you live didn't bear the atrocities of the Highland Clearances or the genocide during the aftermath of Culloden, the Highlands suffered from depopulation for at least a century because of these.

Nothing perceived about that.

'Westminster as the Devil' ?, the devil now being a biblical anachronism would be the wrong accusation nowadays, but does the average Scot trust the westminster tories, well you know the answer to that.

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely correct.

When I start telling people who are getting ‘romantic and braveheartish’ about Independence that they’ve got 10 to 15 years of austerity ahead, that their pensions are in doubt, that their mortgage interest rates will soar, that their currency (the groat?) will be worthless, they may think I’m talking crap, but they will pay attention and give it some thought amidst the growing doubts that will increasingly set in.

You're just repeating the scare mongering subjects that your Masters used in the 2014 lying Better Together mob.

We know now that 17 of the promises they made were broken. Two of which I mentioned the other day.

So to throw these manufactured lies at the Scottish public in the next Referendum will guarantee they fall in stony ground.

And the YES campaign and the SNP will make much of those broken promises and lies in the next Referendum.

And we'll make a lot of noise of how senior tory ministers lined the pockets of their rich friends with contracts at the start of the pandemic and yet could only pay the nurses who saved lives,(inc BJ), a measly 1% rise.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

You're just repeating the scare mongering subjects that your Masters used in the 2014 lying Better Together mob.

We know now that 17 of the promises they made were broken. Two of which I mentioned the other day.

So to throw these manufactured lies at the Scottish public in the next Referendum they fall in stony ground.

And the YES campaign and the SNP will make much of those broken promises and lies in the next Referendum.

And we'll make a lot of noise of how senior tory ministers lined the pockets of their rich friends with contracts at the start of the pandemic and yet could only pay the nurses who saved lives,(inc BJ), a measly 1% rise.

You ever wondered why people don't often engage seriously with you? 

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely correct.

Just to clarify, are you talking about remaining in the UK or independence here?