Pitch petition

tynie1874

Hi,

PETITION

Please find attached a petition to reclaim a local park.(Sighthill Park Edinburgh)

I have asked to use this park next season along with other clubs for the current season, to be rejected. Right now the park itself is in pristine condition the best I have seen it BUT un-used.

I sent an email too Edinburgh Leisure in regards to the park and for access to the pavilion and to book/rent the park on a Sunday afternoon. This way they wouldn't need to send out a staff member and save them the hourly rate to guard the clubrooms. They replied with " Edinburgh Napier Uni & BT Rugby Academy(SRU) now run the rule over the venue and that the LEAFA league secretary would send out a list of available parks for the following season."

I took this upon Myself to contact Napier Uni, whom didn't have a valid contact on site. I was passed to someone at the SRU who book access to the rugby parks by contacting the Uni. I queried if he knew anything about the football park and he said that community access and local clubs still had access to it. All of which is not true.

This park, used to be home to local club Edinburgh City. And many youth teams played here every weekend and during the week during the light months/days. 

Previous to my contact, other teams have enquired and even seeked advice from the Local MP to no avail.

Petition

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived