The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Aaron Pressley linked to us, Dundee Utd and Livi.

Brentford willing to let him leave for only a sell on fee.

It’s pretty obvious that Robinson is looking for a target man to compliment the forward line now that Main is away

You’re defo the top man for transfer rumours IMO and I love these types of rumours! 

Just now, Captain_Sensible said:

It’s pretty obvious that Robinson is looking for a target man to compliment the forward line now that Main is away

You’re defo the top man for transfer rumours IMO and I love these types of rumours! 

Nothing insider or anything :lol:

It's in the Courier. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/4537996/dundee-united-one-of-three-scottish-clubs-weighing-swoop-for-aaron-pressley/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I know, but I look out for your posts and tweets cos I know you know you’ve set things up to get the beat Saints gossip !

if you don’t know then I’m sceptical!

is that good or bad? 😆

5 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I know, but I look out for your posts and tweets cos I know you know you’ve set things up to get the beat Saints gossip !

Whatever happened to that hairdresser you used to get your gossip from? 😂 

Just now, Captain_Sensible said:

Jeez, Tom Hendrie sacking, that whole story was true as @Div would testify 😂

Remind us of that please. 😂

That period on the BAWA internet forum was carnage with your inside rumours and Dicksons crusade against Gilmour with his anger issues manifesting themselves in Dixons or Curry’s! 
We also had Wullie Leggat threatening to hang Bill Lees from Blackpool Tower. 
It’s all too tame now. 😂 

50 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Remind us of that please. 😂

That period on the BAWA internet forum was carnage with your inside rumours and Dicksons crusade against Gilmour with his anger issues manifesting themselves in Dixons or Curry’s! 
We also had Wullie Leggat threatening to hang Bill Lees from Blackpool Tower. 
It’s all too tame now. 😂 

Ok, quick summary without giving away too much in the way of personal relationships, etc 

My bothers then wife is in the hairdresser. At the same time, Jon Coughlin’s missus is there. She gets the call to say that Hendrie has been sacked, she says it out loud and my brother’s ex missus immediately calls my brother and he then phones me and @Divand that’s it! It’s on the internet 

That’s how rumours spread, except, that on that occasion, we knew it was all true

ever since, I’ve been highly sceptical of official news 😂

Edited by Captain_Sensible

8 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Ok, quick summary without giving away too much in the way of personal relationships, etc 

My bothers then wife is in the hairdresser. At the same time, Jon Coughlin’s missus is there. She gets the call to say that Hendrie has been sacked, she says it out loud and my brother’s ex missus immediately calls my brother and he then phones me and @Divand that’s it! It’s on the internet 

That’s how rumours spread, except, that on that occasion, we knew it was all true

ever since, I’ve been highly sceptical of official news 😂

Pity you couldn't get a bet on anywhere .

The Curtis Main situation is beginning to look a little like Gogic's last summer: well into July and still unattached.

The chat was he'd be going to lower league England but these teams are a good week or so into their pre-seasons now. Certainly doesn't look like he was a priority signing for anyone. Might be waiting to see if anything comes in from abroad.

8 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The Curtis Main situation is beginning to look a little like Gogic's last summer: well into July and still unattached.

The chat was he'd be going to lower league England but these teams are a good week or so into their pre-seasons now. Certainly doesn't look like he was a priority signing for anyone. Might be waiting to see if anything comes in from abroad.

It's a bit like us with Hallberg, you offer a contract and clearly want to keep the player, but they leave their options open to the point where the club has to move on and put that budget elsewhere. As you say it's a pretty tight close season and nobody has time to wait for these players to make a decision, but it also works both ways if the player doesn't actually find a club on terms they want. 

You've then potentially got an unfit and not match sharp player joining you really late.

The Main situation is rumbling on, as is the Carson one. Talk of Fletcher? Now we’re linked with Aaron Pressley. The time has come for a little less conversation and a little more action.

Oooft. Even for me… etc.

Given how he finished the season I’d be surprised if Curtis doesn’t have quite a few offers on the table.

Can’t imagine he’s awash with cash so he’ll be keen to start earning again as soon as possible.

Will sign for someone soon, but for who Chris Kamara?

Anyone else logged into the new season ticket “app” yet?

I can see my season ticket but it says it’s not going to be active until Sept 2nd which doesn’t sound right!

22 minutes ago, Div said:

Anyone else logged into the new season ticket “app” yet?

I can see my season ticket but it says it’s not going to be active until Sept 2nd which doesn’t sound right!

Same for me and tried transferring the other ticket I bought but that won't work either. It basically just a link to a web page and I suspect the easiest thing to do (once the QR codes become active) will simply be to screen capture them and save them to our phones as that is basically all the "app" is. I lost my ST card a few games from the end of last season and all the club did was email me a QR code to use off my phone so I know that works. Not really sure there is any need for this.