The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 minute ago, McG said:

Losing the likes of watt, brophy and Main and replacing them with the likes of big Mandron. 

Going by BBC Scotland's commentary of the Dundee Utd game we are not missing anything with Tony Watt.

Edited by houston_bud

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone still going to tell me the League Cup group format is good? It’s fcuking shit, as are we in it, and one of our two shots at a major trophy is reduced to the status of a pre-season shitfest.

Get it fired into the fcuking sun - and I said that a fortnight ago, before we had even played.

Livvy, RC, Killie and Well seem to be coping all right 

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone still going to tell me the League Cup group format is good? It’s fcuking shit, as are we in it, and one of our two shots at a major trophy is reduced to the status of a pre-season shitfest.

Get it fired into the fcuking sun - and I said that a fortnight ago, before we had even played.

I like the LC format, Don't get me wrong it's a 100% part of the preseason, but it's competitive games in preseason. I think as we've always been quite comfortable in the early stages I don't see a hassle. I do understand it can be a cúnt when you are pumped out early.

1 minute ago, Biscuits said:

Exactly. We should be winning easily. Toothless up front with no creative spark. 

Playing Conor at LWB is a joke. 

I would bin the entire forward line including Mandron. 

Pathetic result

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Doesn't matter what format you play it’s a competition we need to take seriously given we have no hope other than the cup. Judging by this side tho there’s loads of them not good enough to be in the team. Seriously underwhelmed with the team the past two weeks - no excuses now we’re full time and should be as the manager said beating these teams 

Just now, Biscuits said:

St Johnstone not so much, so at least we aren’t alone in being shite today. The Old Firm aside, it’s my biggest hated thing in Scottish football. We only have two shots at glory, and I’ve been lucky enough to see us win both cups. Now we go into it half fit, half arsed, and with half a team still to learn each other’s names, and some signings still to be even made. Fcuking disgrace, and the sooner it gets fcuking binned and replaced with genuine warm-up friendlies, the better.

4 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Killie have made some proper signings, they will have a decent season. 

The likes of Grieve and Mandron etc wouldn’t get a sniff at another team in the premier league, big Olusanya put Grieve to shame.

3 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Olusanya looked tasty when he came on, montrose had good experience in their team.

Olusanya put Grieve and big Colin Meldrum to shame. 

Robinson will come in for some heat after that result and rightly so, pathetic.

Edited by McG

6 minutes ago, McG said:

Killie have made some proper signings, they will have a decent season. 

The likes of Grieve and Mandron etc wouldn’t get a sniff at another team in the premier league, big Olusanya put Grieve to shame.

Deas and Findlay are decent signings but who else would you have taken from their signings?

Didn't panic last season as I think the current LC format with us playing "minnows" isn't what RobinsonBall is about - I don't think this result will have much relevance to our league campaign, but it is very disappointing to start another LC campaign so slowly.

Just now, McG said:

Olusanya put Grieve and big Colin Meldrum to shame. 

Robinson was will come in for some heat after that result and rightly so, pathetic.

Absolutely no excuse for this level of shite again. Losing to a league one team is embarrassing.

Very similar to this time last year. Do the management and or players just want to treat this like preseason, while other teams are right up for it?

Last season I had us as favourites to go down after our league cup campaign, yet we had a very good season, so I won't be panicking yet. It does piss me off a bit though as we should be looking for a good cup run and it appears that we've decided not to put much importance on this tournament.