The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Knowing when to offload players seems to be a skill in itself for managers. Wonder if Robinsons nailed it again with Dunne?

Arguably shouldn't have got another year after he "left" last Summer but I think we had expected to get a LCB target (Bedeau?) that in the end didn't come to fruition so Dunne was an easy take back into the squad with little risk.

Signs are encouraging that we're not fucking about this year.

9 hours ago, Div said:

Arguably shouldn't have got another year after he "left" last Summer but I think we had expected to get a LCB target (Bedeau?) that in the end didn't come to fruition so Dunne was an easy take back into the squad with little risk.

Signs are encouraging that we're not fucking about this year.

Though to be fair, Dunne was coming off the back of one of his best ever seasons last summer. I think you are right about us not getting Bedeau, but we were all pretty chuffed and surprised when Dunne resigned if I remember correctly.

Dunne was a really excellent signing for Saints all told, he was a big part of upping the quality and moving the team up the league. It definitely is the time to move on from him, as I think we are in a position now where we can do a bit better, but considering the slagging we got for signing him in the first place he's been a really great servant to the club. 

Just now, GAD said:

Though to be fair, Dunne was coming off the back of one of his best ever seasons last summer. I think you are right about us not getting Bedeau, but we were all pretty chuffed and surprised when Dunne resigned if I remember correctly.

Dunne was a really excellent signing for Saints all told, he was a big part of upping the quality and moving the team up the league. It definitely is the time to move on from him, as I think we are in a position now where we can do a bit better, but considering the slagging we got for signing him in the first place he's been a really great servant to the club. 

Not all of us. He had a good season last year but his last 2 months were phoned in performances riddled with errors. I was disappointed that we missed out on Bedeau and Dunne coming back instead felt a wee bit deflating.

Overall though, he'll be well remembered for his stint.

Got a situation where I need to re-new a season ticket "in person".

Anyone know if the ticket office is open today or the opening hours next week?

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Got a situation where I need to re-new a season ticket "in person".

Anyone know if the ticket office is open today or the opening hours next week?

Thanks in advance.

Not open at the weekend mate. 10:00 to 16:00 during the week seems standard at the moment.

IMG_9816.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Div said:

Not open at the weekend mate. 10:00 to 16:00 during the week seems standard at the moment.

IMG_9816.jpeg

Thanks Div.

For the life of me I couldn't find the opening hours on the website. Old fart syndrome.:(

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Thanks Div.

For the life of me I couldn't find the opening hours on the website. Old fart syndrome.:(

Is that where your username comes from😁

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Is that where your username comes from😁

33 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Full time old fart?

I think a few of us could share that 😛

To be fair I've had that user name for over twenty years.

I'm certainly a full time old fart these days though.:lol:

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I know the feeling 🙈

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I feel educated. 

I had assumed it stood for fatter than obese fatties.

Posted (edited)

That's us definitely seeded for the European draw after the way things have unfolded today, which takes some clubs of decent pedigree (AEK Athens, Cluj, Astana, Istanbul Basaksehir, etc) off the table as potential opponents.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

7 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

That's us definitely seeded for the European draw after the way things have unfolded today, which takes some clubs of decent pedigree (AEK Athens, Cluj, Astana, Istanbul Basaksehir, etc) off the table as potential opponents.

Current potential opponents. Those with an asterisk are coming through a round so aren't guaranteed.

Screenshot_20240526_064558_Chrome.thumb.jpg.acd117752e7c2f93b82127d7f5c9a067.jpg

You probably want to avoid Hacken, and probably the Norwegian/Danish sides not decided yet, but beyond that it seems like a winnable tie?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Current potential opponents. Those with an asterisk are coming through a round so aren't guaranteed.

Screenshot_20240526_064558_Chrome.thumb.jpg.acd117752e7c2f93b82127d7f5c9a067.jpg

You probably want to avoid Hacken, and probably the Norwegian/Danish sides not decided yet, but beyond that it seems like a winnable tie?

Slask Wroclaw is the only other one there that I wouldn't fancy our chances in. Missed out on the Polish title on goal difference.

Incredible to think that last season we were starting the competitive season against Montrose, Arbroath, Cowdenbeath and Forfar in the League Cup.

We struggled through that group….took an injury time goal by Olusanya against Cowdenbeath to stay in the competition before our final match.

Even if we were to struggle in Europe and get knocked out first round we still enter the League cup knockout rounds as a seeded team. Win win.

Could get used to this European nonsense. 😂 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

And they'd totally f**k your town up, ask Dundee.

Nah, Dundee was always like that.

ps. Only jesting Dundonians 👍