Jump to content

The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread


Recommended Posts

My favourite rumour today is not about us... here's the text -

Liverpool starlet Luke Chambers is set to join Scottish Championship side Kilmarnock

Looks like Inside Futbol know who is getting relegated.

Waters not good enough. Remember him

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, AW saint said:

If we sign Watt it would be a slap in the face for Brophy. Letting him go to sign Watt. 

Can't see both Ethan and Keanu leaving. We would need to replace one or both. 

So when Brophy left Ayunga was fit. If he does well, it suits us. Either way we save wages

Utd want Watt out. Like him or not he can score goals. We are pleading poverty, so won't pay his full wage. SR might get good use out of him on the cheap. If it cements top 6 and the various moves balance out financially, that'll do for me.

Hope your right on your 2nd paragraph.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smellthepaw said:

Be interesting to see if Wigan would trust Maloney less than a week in the door to splash 7 figures on one player. That's where is see that link very doubtful at the moment.

Think we need to set expectations on Baccus. If we get an offer of half a million for him we will take it.

Whether that's right or wrong I think that's the reality of the situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, AW saint said:

If we sign Watt it would be a slap in the face for Brophy. Letting him go to sign Watt. 

Can't see both Ethan and Keanu leaving. We would need to replace one or both. 

If Ayunga wasn't out for the season, we wouldn't be looking at Watt.

If Brophy was still here, we wouldn't be looking at Watt.

I imagine the club does not have a clause to recall Brophy so there's nothing we can do on that front.

I'd be shocked now if we didn't sign some form of centre forward tomorrow. I don't think we can go with Main, Greive and the two young lads if we really want to crack the top six. Losing one more would be fatal to that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Div said:

Think we need to set expectations on Baccus. If we get an offer of half a million for him we will take it.

Whether that's right or wrong I think that's the reality of the situation.

Can't agree mate. If Reid and Ethan weren't going I'd need to say you're right but we're surely under considerably less pressure to sell now than we were two weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I guess Robinson thinks he can get Watt playing well. He signed him for Motherwell so I trust his judgement on Watt's character. If Ayunga is injured for any length of time, then we probably do need another striker in.

That's pretty much where I'm at with it.

I really like Greive, think he's done brilliantly since coming in and I think he's going to be a fantastic player for us going forward but for me, right now, he's most effective coming off the bench.

I don't think he's quite ready to be starting games yet.

I haven't seen very much of Jamieson and Offord but I suspect they are even further away from being Premiership regulars.

We need someone to partner Maino, and I'd trust Robbo's judgement on whoever he brings in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Div said:

Think we need to set expectations on Baccus. If we get an offer of half a million for him we will take it.

Whether that's right or wrong I think that's the reality of the situation.

Not sure on that.

If Erhahon and Reid go, and given big Joe is out, Gallagher's fitness, Gogic needed in defense. I think losing both would be crazy, especially as he could still go in the summer for at least as much.

Yet if its double, or nearer that, I suspect we'll accept and bring 1 or 2 in apart from the wee left sided player

Edited by medals
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Div said:

So you don't need to read this rag, he hasn't actually been scanned yet, but they do fear he's set for a lengthy spell out.

Gutted for the big guy. Has been more than decent in the majority of games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Gutted for the big guy. Has been more than decent in the majority of games. 

Yeah, at times he's looked absolutely amazing. Produced his best form against the better teams.

Looked fresh and right up for it when he came off the bench on Saturday, real shame if he's going to be out for a length of time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, medals said:

Not sure on that.

If Erhahon and Reid go, and given big Joe is out, Gallagher's fitness, Gogic needed in defense. I think losing both would be crazy, especially as he could still go in the summer for at least as much.

Yet if its double, or nearer that, I suspect we'll accept and bring 1 or 2 in apart from the wee left sided player

We won't get a million pounds for Baccus, not in this transfer anyway.

Reid and Erhahon both going will take all the financial heat away from us so we won't *need* to sell Baccus but if they feel they can replace him, and I assume they will already have contingency plans in place to do that, then half a million plus some sell on clauses will probably be enough to tempt us IMHO.

Hopefully, like McGinn, those clauses will pay off and we will eventually get our seven figures.

I might be wrong of course, just guessing like everyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Total speculation, of course, but Watt might be a replacement for Main.

Main's new contract has been on the table for awhile now..... maybe he's signed a pre-contract elsewhere?

Anyway, with the injury to Ayunga and possible exit of Erhahon this is where the Head of Recruitment should earn his crust. Hopefully plans will be in place for all scenarios.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Div said:

We won't get a million pounds for Baccus, not in this transfer anyway.

Reid and Erhahon both going will take all the financial heat away from us so we won't *need* to sell Baccus but if they feel they can replace him, and I assume they will already have contingency plans in place to do that, then half a million plus some sell on clauses will probably be enough to tempt us IMHO.

Hopefully, like McGinn, those clauses will pay off and we will eventually get our seven figures.

I might be wrong of course, just guessing like everyone else.

Yes we won't score £1M in this window. I do think we will factor in losing 2 of our 1st choice midfielders and the possible affect that could have in prize money and final positions though.

Further if there was tangible heat financially, the ball will be in our court if the other 2 go.

Replacements don't always hit the ground running.

At the start of the season we were not great - wouldn't want to begin February like that. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...