The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Yea hats brilliant maybe we will get those add ons for David McNamee and Burton o Brien while we’re at it. Add ons don’t enhance our mangers budget 

Maybe not but the "six figures" will ......could be £100,000 or could be £999,999. As was suggested earlier in reply to a post of yours there is absolutely no benefit in disclosing what the six figure sum is just now, it would potentially make incoming transfers more expensive.

13 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Blackandwhitearmy saying £275k, dunno if that's accurate but even with future fee clauses and a year left on the contract, it seems very low. 

Dont know where you seen that figure over there.

We will have sold ourselves to Baccus as a stepping stone to the English leagues.

At the very least, there would have been a gentleman's agreement that we wouldn't stand in his way if an English team came along. There may even be a release clause in his contract.

£275K, if true, doesn't sound like much but the guys on the board will have tried to get the best possible deal for the club. It'll all come out in the wash....

You can spin this in all sorts of positive ways, from showing that we are an attractive club for players to develop - and get decent media coverage, to the fact this has happened early in the window so it provides us lots of time to try and bring in a replacement.

That may all be true, but a reported figure of £275k, even with significant add-ons, seems surprisingly low. I will be bias, after all, but even an objective view must see that as selling below his value.

We don't know the ins and outs, nor do we know if we had a prior agreement with Baccus or his previous club regarding when he'd move or for how much, but I'll not lie it feels a bit of a slap in the face. Not that I begrudge Baccus the opportunity, I wish him well, as will all the St Mirren fans, as it's certainly been enjoyable watching him play.

Edited by Ric

46 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

Why? No one outside the club should have any info on transfer figures

Exactly, of course they won't, for reasons already mentioned above.

It's just the usual shite that usual suspects lap up and subsequently have a near breakdown because we've definitely sold a player "on the cheap".

1 hour ago, btb said:

Is that @Div - if so you'd have to reckon it's pretty accurate....

Very kind but I haven't run the B&W Army twitter account for a couple of years now. That said, the £275K being bandied about won't be too far off the mark IMO.

We're not in a strong position here and the club will not want to run the risk of him walking away for nothing next Summer.