The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Depends if Carson is still our player. 

That situation needs resolved ASAP. He either apologises and comes back into the squad, or we let him go and bring in another keeper to compete with Hemming. We certainly cant afford to pay him a full wage while he sits on his arse at home.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That situation needs resolved ASAP. He either apologises and comes back into the squad, or we let him go and bring in another keeper to compete with Hemming. We certainly cant afford to pay him a full wage while he sits on his arse at home.

Think it should be resolved one way or another soon.

There has apparently been face to face contact already this week between Carson and management.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Think it should be resolved one way or another soon.

There has apparently been face to face contact already this week between Carson and management.

Indeed.

Absolutely no point in him hanging around if the situation hasn't been resolved to the club's satisfaction.

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

Absolutely no point in him hanging around if the situation hasn't been resolved to the club's satisfaction.

If there has been more that one meeting, which I believe there has, then it suggests that things are moving positively.

I suspect Carson is away. I can’t imagine that Hemming was signed on the basis of being reserve and I can’t see Carson being willing to fight for his place. 

I reckon he’ll go by mutual consent and we’ll bring someone else in permanently as competition for Hemming as per @djchapsticks thoughts

I’d have thought that Urminsky would have got minutes in pre season so far if Robinson genuinely thought he was competition to Hemming

edit - I have no doubt Carson will now be back in the fold by tomorrow! 😆

Edited by Captain_Sensible

3 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I suspect Carson is away. I can’t imagine that Hemming was signed on the basis of being reserve and I can’t see Carson being willing to fight for his place. 

I reckon he’ll go by mutual consent and we’ll bring someone else in permanently as competition for Hemming as per @djchapsticks thoughts

I’d have thought that Urminsky would have got minutes in pre season so far if Robinson genuinely thought he was competition to Hemming

edit - I have no doubt Carson will now be back in the fold by tomorrow! 😆

Thing is, it's a pretty big impasse.

If he wants away then a club will need to stump up the cash for him. Will a club pay a six figure fee for a 35 year old? He's got a full two years left as well so not like he can just sit it out.

We hold all the cards on this.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If he wants away then a club will need to stump up the cash for him. Will a club pay a six figure fee for a 35 year old? He's got a full two years left as well so not like he can just sit it out.

If big Dunne had to buy the squad McD's breakfasts for sitting in the Aberdeen end in a game not even involving us, feck knows what the pennance will be for Carson.

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah this may be the part that contributes to playing the long game.

We. know how valuable he was last season and with 2 years on his contract he should hold a decent market value to at least get high end 5 figures/low end 6 figures IF a club is willing to pay that. He's absolutely good enough to be a number 1 for any club up here. I'd even say the same League 1/lower end championship England.

Edited by smellthepaw

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don’t think we do hold all the cards. 

Robibson isn’t going to want a disruptive influence in the dressing room and the club won’t want to pay his wages for him doing nothing

Unless they resolve it, i reckon he’ll be away by mutual consent. 

7 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I don’t think we do hold all the cards. 

Robibson isn’t going to want a disruptive influence in the dressing room and the club won’t want to pay his wages for him doing nothing

Unless they resolve it, i reckon he’ll be away by mutual consent. 

No chance we let anyone with 2 years left on their contract walk by mutual consent.

5 minutes ago, Div said:

I’d like to think the Carson issue will be resolved but I can’t see it unfortunately.

I reckon he’s going to rock up at Dundee. 

They have 3 goalkeepers already.