The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Goalkeepers

Carson(35), Urminsky(24), Hemming(23)

Defenders

Dunne(30), Gallagher(32), Fraser(29), R.Taylor(22), Tanser(28), Strain(26), Kenny(19)

Midfielders

O'Hara(27), Gogic(29), Flynn(34), Baccus(25), Kiltie(26), Boyd-Munce(23), F.Taylor(20)

Forwards

Ayunga(26), Greive(24), Olusanya(25), Offord(19), Jamieson(21), Nahmani(20), McMenamin(27)

Seven forwards listed there.

Didn't realise Olusanya was 25, which comes as a surprise. I'd imagine he may go out on loan again.  Offord and Jamieson not expected to be regular starters, and Ayunga missing at least the first couple of months of the season.

Leaving us with Grieve, Nahmani and McMenamin.

Do we have room, and/or need, for Fletcher - I'd say yes.

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Reading various articles and this quote from Robinson appears to indicate that we’ll be keeping the 3-5-2 formation and McMenamin will be slotted into it:

"We’ve signed a very good footballer that can play in numerous positions. He can play right through the middle, as a wing-back and in behind the striker, so we’ve got a really versatile player who can score goals and create chances.”

Aye, if you had any intention of playing a 4-3-3 you'd mention 'wide forward' at that point. 

Unless Robbo is just holding that one back to surprise Hibs on day 1.

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Indeed, as I’ve already said on this thread - and bearing in mind that the article primarily about Ethan Sutherland:

”Fraser Taylor, Aiden Gilmartin, Lewis Jamieson, Luke Kenny, Kieran Offord – we’re trying to push them and that’s the mentality and philosophy of the club moving forward.

“We’re going to carry five, six, seven of our young players in our squad all the time. We’re not going to inflate our squad with loads of senior players.

Aye, that's good PR, but we will be signing more seniors, and some of the boys will go out on loan.

We've already had Baccus,  Taylor, Kenny and Tanser with injuries and the season's not started yet.

If he’s too good for St Mirren then if he impresses from age 27 to 29, he’ll get a move to a bigger fish before his 30th birthday, earn a wedge, as will St Mirren. Win for the player, a win for St Mirren.

We’ll see soon enough if he’s too good for us or not. 😎

20 minutes ago, medals said:

Aye, that's good PR, but we will be signing more seniors, and some of the boys will go out on loan.

We've already had Baccus,  Taylor, Kenny and Tanser with injuries and the season's not started yet.

Exactly as I see it  . Young guys need regular games every week and it makes sense to put them out on loan for the first half of the season . That said I round like to see Fraser Taylor and Ethan Sutherland feature at some stage against Montrose .

That's the "app" launched. It's not really an app just a shortcut from your home page. Let me set up but will need my son to set up his account before I can transfer the ticket bought in one purchase with mine to him (at least I hope that's why that part isn't working as it stands)

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Exactly as I see it  . Young guys need regular games every week and it makes sense to put them out on loan for the first half of the season . That said I round like to see Fraser Taylor and Ethan Sutherland feature at some stage against Montrose .

Chances are the younger lads will get time preseason and cup games before they go out..  gives them big experience and puts them in the loan shop window market.