The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Mikael Mandron.

He's hardly been prolific or a 30 game a season guy. Except at Crewe a few years ago.

We are not finished by any means yet but at least we have someone comfortable through the middle in the door.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Absolutely clean out of the blue.

Ah well, that ends speculation on Main, Fletcher and Pressley then....disappointed in that if i'm honest.

Still looking at bringing another 3 players in, not finished yet.

5 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

So much for giving youth a chance and not filling the squad with “experienced pros”. 

No way so many of our youth were going to be our plan B if seniors were out. We struggled last season at times and must kick on.

Anyway in most cases playing regularly elsewhere will pay better dividends.

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Sad if it ends the Maino, Fletcher interest. Well fans glad he has moved on. So he should be amazing 

Their manager won't be.

Mikael Mandron Motherwell future addressed as Stuart Kettlewell highlights duo he wants beyond summer - Daily Record

Stuart Kettlewell wants to get Mikael Mandron tied down beyond the summer after the French striker netted his first league goal for Motherwell on Saturday.

Mandron joined the Steelmen on a six-month deal in January before Steven Hammell was axed. Since returning from injury the 28-year-old has formed a deadly partnership with Kevin van Veen which has seen the Dutchman equal a top flight scoring record by netting in eight consecutive games.

Mandron and van Veen were both on target as Well dumped St Johnstone 2-0 in Perth on Saturday. And Kettlewell hopes both the Frenchman and fellow short-term signing Jon Obika are both still at Fir Park next season. He said: “The icing on the cake on Saturday was Mikael Mandron getting his first league goal for us. He has worked so hard to come back from injury and spends so much time on the pitch trying to become a better player. He is that focal point for us.

1 minute ago, McG said:

Still looking at bringing another 3 players in, not finished yet.

I'd imagine thats us done in the forward dept though - Grieve, McMenamin, Mandron, Nehmani and Ayunga are enough options up there, and thats not even counting the youngsters.

Bit surprised at this to be honest - my reading of it is we pushed the boat out for McMenamin - rightly IMO - so have had to settle for a less expensive target man.

Competent goalie ( if Carson is leaving), centre half and left wing back next please.

Just now, Hendo said:

I'd imagine thats us done in the forward dept though - Grieve, McMenamin, Mandron, Nehmani and Ayunga are enough options up there, and thats not even counting the youngsters.

Bit surprised at this to be honest - my reading of it is we pushed the boat out for McMenamin - rightly IMO - so have had to settle for a less expensive target man.

Competent goalie ( if Carson is leaving), centre half and left wing back next please.

We also pulled in "unexpected" fee for Brophy and binned his wages. We "saved" money on the McMenamin deal too. Also mega bucks saved on Main/Shaughnessy/Tait wages. So still plenty of money to be spent.

I suspect that Mandron is another "cheap" prospect" from the Martin Foyle book of cheap prospects.

On 05/07/2023 at 08:50, FTOF said:

I think what was very evident from last night was that we need two experienced strikers in relatively quickly.

We could probably survive the LC experience with one, with another to follow. However, going with Greive and Olusanya, even against lower league opposition, worries me somewhat!

Well that was quick.:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Div said:

Anyone else logged into the new season ticket “app” yet?

I can see my season ticket but it says it’s not going to be active until Sept 2nd which doesn’t sound right!

Guessing the 2nd Sep is a typo and should by 2nd Aug. 

17 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Good to see another striker coming in and getting the deal done quickly. 
Kettlwell wanted to keep him at Motherwell but no doubt their more obsessed fans will be all over this telling us how shite he is.

That'll be most of them then.:lol:

I presume their thread has had a lot of posts in the last 30 minutes.:rolleyes: