The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

If he causes problems, then surely he can be sent home without pay. Would that not happen in your workplace ? 

There are all manner of disgruntled employees in my work who want want a pay off to leave, who slag off management and who do a very poor job. 

None of them get sent home with no pay! 😆

19 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

There are all manner of disgruntled employees in my work who want want a pay off to leave, who slag off management and who do a very poor job. 

How many times have you tried? 😂 

TC publicly admitted having issues very recently with gambling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-65469698.amp

Maybe something has changed in regards to that which is resulting in this absence?

I appreciate that we have certain posters supposedly ITK who say otherwise but could it be a cover story while treatment is provided? 🤷‍♂️ 

Regardless of what transpires I really on a personal level that he stays free from that particular addiction. I’ve suffered myself and I’m sure many others on here can relate to addiction of different kinds. 

When I met him last season with his daughter in the 1877 club he was a really friendly guy who appeared to be really enjoying his football at Saints and proud of his family. 

Remember there are always two sides to a story. Quite often the truth lies somewhere in between. 

Hopefully I’ve worded that ok and I don’t get accused of “birthday card pish” as that was not my intention.

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Maybe something has changed in regards to that which is resulting in this absence?

I appreciate that we have certain posters supposedly ITK who say otherwise but could it be a cover story while treatment is provided? 🤷‍♂️ 

Regardless of what transpires I really on a personal level that he stays free from that particular addiction. I’ve suffered myself and I’m sure many others on here can relate to addiction of different kinds. 

When I met him last season with his daughter in the 1877 club he was a really friendly guy who appeared to be really enjoying his football at Saints and proud of his family. 

Remember there are always two sides to a story. Quite often the truth lies somewhere in between. 

Hopefully I’ve worded that ok and I don’t get accused of “birthday card pish” as that was not my intention.

I would doubt its a cover story, given its not been made public by the club and also portrays Carson in a negative light. The story has come from different sources so it would be a stretch to think there's nothing in it, but you're right there could also be something else at play here.

As long as we don't panic and replace him with Alan McGregor.

9 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

More an allegory on the state of late stage capitalism than an analogy for a football club.. ;)

8 hours ago, Molotov said:

This passed me by, I have to say, was it mentioned in this thread before?

That said, it sounds like a past thing rather than a current one, and in turn he seems to support a ban of gambling in sport, so that would suggest he's of the mind not to continue gambling.

I suppose the worry would be if he was betting on games, rather than the horses.

Edited by Ric

13 hours ago, tam the bud said:

He had 3 previous games against the blue mob for his family to watch so f him. 

I certainly wouldn't have him sitting at home collecting his money.

Get him into training knowing he is training all week and not getting a game at the end of it. 

No train,no pay

9 hours ago, Molotov said:

Birthday caird pish

There's an article here, from a couple of weeks before the Rangers game, where Carson is full of praise for Robinson. He does though, jokingly, talk about them being at loggerheads "just once a week now".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/trevor-carson-says-st-mirren-29947093?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

13 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Maybe your workplace need a stronger manager. I would hope the players wouldn't let him disturb the training but hopefully it all get settled soon regardless if he stays or go. 

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The fact Hemming has been given the number 1 jersey makes it look pretty ominous for Carson, but until we know why that is I don't think we should jump to any conclusions about why that might be.

Yeah. I guess we can all hope there is a resolution. Looks very unlikely as you say. 

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The fact Hemming has been given the number 1 jersey makes it look pretty ominous for Carson

Yeah, that does look quite ominous, and a few people mentioned it in our friendlies in Ireland.

What's interesting is that we don't use sequential numbering for our squad, so Hemming could have been given any number that was free, but the fact he was given the #1 jersey is quite telling and I do wonder if Robinson was "sending a signal" to Carson with that move.

I have to admit I don't know the rules regarding numbers, do you have to keep to the number you are given or can it be fluid throughout the season?

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, that does look quite ominous, and a few people mentioned it in our friendlies in Ireland.

What's interesting is that we don't use sequential numbering for our squad, so Hemming could have been given any number that was free, but the fact he was given the #1 jersey is quite telling and I do wonder if Robinson was "sending a signal" to Carson with that move.

I have to admit I don't know the rules regarding numbers, do you have to keep to the number you are given or can it be fluid throughout the season?

I guess you could wear any number in pre season so not impossible that Carson could be starting in the number 1 jersey come the first game of the season. But I think that's unlikely. 

9 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I guess you could wear any number in pre season so not impossible that Carson could be starting in the number 1 jersey come the first game of the season. But I think that's unlikely. 

Has 55 been taken yet? Asking for a friend.