The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, Drooper said:

I think it looks fine.

Its a fitba tap.

ETA: I should clarify, I'm referring to the new away shirt, not the one immediately above!

Absolutely.

It looks fine. A few dinosaurs have been outed IMO.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Lafferty rocking up just along the road from us is an odd one. Not that I'd want him to come to us, but you feel he'll be head and shoulders (perhaps literally) above those at Johnstone Burgh.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66180522

A couple of my good mates are/were committee members and it seems that they're being bankrolled by a dentist who has made it big in the USA and UAE, whose parents were Burgh fans.

I believe they are dismayed by proceedings and are boycotting next season.

Kyle Lafferty announcement on the 12th of July. Who could have predicted that?:rolleyes:

There's no truth in the rumour that there's a name change to Johnsthun Burgh.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Absolutely.

It looks fine. A few dinosaurs have been outed IMO.

There's nothing wrong with at all. I suppose I can understand the gripes about the badge, that badge with the black and pink reversed would make it pretty much outstanding in my opinion.

I get my old man who is 60, a top every year as a belated father's day present and I get my stepdaughters wee girl who is 10, a top as well for the new season.

Both have picked the away shirt as both saw it an really liked it. It won't be as massive a seller as last season's but it will do decent numbers because it has been kept relatively simple. 

Compare it to the awful all red away kit from 2 seasons ago that was both fan chosen and looked like Hugh Heffner's jammies and there really is no comparison.

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, djchapsticks said:

5 teams in for Christian Doidge.

You just know we're going to be the unlucky b*****ds who don't miss out don't you? 😰

I don't see how he offers anything different to what we have.

Here are his stats from SoccerBase..

vUQeeVQ.png

Of course, one of the 3 goals he scored for Killie last season was against us. 3 goals in 21 starts (and 6 sub appearances) is pretty poor, even for a club that were struggling at the bottom of the league.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Is that some sort of code for "I'm obsessed with St.Mirren"?

I just like Scottish fitba mate, I am sure I would have had an interest if he'd rocked up to another Scottish team other than our reserves.

39 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There's nothing wrong with at all. I suppose I can understand the gripes about the badge, that badge with the black and pink reversed would make it pretty much outstanding in my opinion.

I get my old man who is 60, a top every year as a belated father's day present and I get my stepdaughters wee girl who is 10, a top as well for the new season.

Both have picked the away shirt as both saw it an really liked it. It won't be as massive a seller as last season's but it will do decent numbers because it has been kept relatively simple. 

Compare it to the awful all red away kit from 2 seasons ago that was both fan chosen and looked like Hugh Heffner's jammies and there really is no comparison.

It was picked by the fans but it was one of three poor options

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

5 teams in for Christian Doidge.

You just know we're going to be the unlucky b*****ds who don't miss out don't you? 😰

Was there not a quote last week in the press linking Robinson with an interest in signing Doidge.

2 hours ago, rachel fiona said:

omg there's pink in the st.mirren away top, shock horror, its all macrons fault and all about inclusivity 😴

I always considered that a purple top, not that I owned one, and the image you show has flash photography on a dull Paisley day which makes the colours brighter.

However, if I am being fair, even if I conclude the '19 away strip was purple, it does have pink side flashes, so fair enough

btw, you have written that comment as if I am out here slamming the club or Macron for the decision to use pink. That's not the case at all.