The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

From a mate who supports Plymouth Argyle:

James Bolton is a tremendous footballer. Injured too much for us but fantastic defensively, great with the ball at his feet, can step out etc. but also can be a brute when necessary put his head where it hurts. Always comes across as a lovely bloke too. Had he stayed fit for the past two seasons he'd be a regular in the Championship.

34 minutes ago, elvis said:

Take it you don't think they will win .You obviously haven't watched us much .

If you watched us last Saturday you’d have seen us hammer a team that are playing two leagues above Forfar.

Im sure they will give us a game but on our own pitch we should beat them, and we will.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Take it you don't think they will win .You obviously haven't watched us much .

Not been to any away games yet so far but was at Arbroath, we should have scored about 8.

We will beat Forfar at home with a couple of goals to spare as well.

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

I'm curious what you get out of watching Saints ? When we play any of the top two teams I have your mind set. Every other game I hope we win . Last season was special it was exciting home attendances prove that. Personally to me we look stronger I can't wait for the season to start. There is a bit of experimentation going on in these games and so it should be to find your best 11 for Easter Road.  I can only think years of watching a team win every week has rubbed off on you. 

I went to parkhead for 1 season and was the best decision I made leaving all that sectarian shit behind me.

I think there's more important positions for us to strengthen and I doubt he'd end up back here anyway, but with Jamie McGrath available on a free transfer, I reckon he'd fit into one of the three central midfield spots in a 352 pretty well. 

47 minutes ago, Div said:

If you watched us last Saturday you’d have seen us hammer a team that are playing two leagues above Forfar.

Im sure they will give us a game but on our own pitch we should beat them, and we will.

I was there but I was also at montrose and Cowdenbeath teams. 2 and 4 leagues below us and we were absolutely garbage and that's being kind 

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Fake account from yet another trolling roaster.

It's OK to play a funny prank, but this was never believable.

Guess it's an RC fan trying to get interest on a player who is not very good.

I personally think this seeding nonsense after the group stages is biased towards the sides who qualified for Europe. 

We should go back to old style league cup groups where every league club has to participate at the initial round of games. 

St Mirren were once in a group comprising both Celtic and Rangers.

Can’t remember the exact year but we were in the same group but the following are examples from when the big two were drawn in the first round in three successive years with only top team progressing:

1967:

IMG_3273.thumb.jpeg.bdad172e8e7db1330116020995a4d38f.jpeg

1968:

IMG_3274.thumb.jpeg.a2e35db7cd82f66bab6640d26157c13a.jpeg1969:

IMG_3275.thumb.jpeg.f7f50aefcebfce431e993fbcd7c646a3.jpeg