The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There is a new club badge heading the Wikipedia article and hopefully this isn't official.

Because if it is, it needs fucking burned ASAP.

Screenshot_20231013_121324_Chrome.jpg

The official site still bears the one in the left. I’d be surprised if this were to be changed without consulting the SMISA members. 
Still prefer our previous badges but Lord Lyon is a cnut.

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Well SMISA can get fucked!

Presumably the email today calling a SGM specifically to try to get Wardrop back into the Stadium. Looks like one of his mates has managed to force this through but not sure how that process actually works ie how much support does an SGM need to get approval.

Apparently 5% required for it to go to vote.

why don’t they do their usual web based vote, instead for this you need to attend in person which many can’t / don’t do (I can’t)? 

Im done with them, I was uncomfortable when SG came On board and rumours of bullying. Some of the statements were then ridiculous and petty points scoring, now this latest vote is just pure jobs for the boys / looking out for their pals when it could easily be settled by Alan having a grown up conversation with the board. To have a fan owned organisation have a (effectively) closed vote to allow someone into the stadium is pathetic and smacks of amateurism. 

Of course SMISA are here to challenge the board and hold them to account, but also there ti support and work with them too.

Granted my £25 won’t make a difference in the grand scheme of things, but I will come back once I can see a change in what they are doing. 

What fucks me off the most is the timing. At a time when nothing but positivity coming out of the club they decide to do this which just creates distraction and unrest from what our ultimate goal should be, success on and off the park.

Pathetic.

7 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Apparently 5% required for it to go to vote.

why don’t they do their usual web based vote, instead for this you need to attend in person which many can’t / don’t do (I can’t)? 

Im done with them, I was uncomfortable when SG came On board and rumours of bullying. Some of the statements were then ridiculous and petty points scoring, now this latest vote is just pure jobs for the boys / looking out for their pals when it could easily be settled by Alan having a grown up conversation with the board. To have a fan owned organisation have a (effectively) closed vote to allow someone into the stadium is pathetic and smacks of amateurism. 

Of course SMISA are here to challenge the board and hold them to account, but also there ti support and work with them too.

Granted my £25 won’t make a difference in the grand scheme of things, but I will come back once I can see a change in what they are doing. 

What fucks me off the most is the timing. At a time when nothing but positivity coming out of the club they decide to do this which just creates distraction and unrest from what our ultimate goal should be, success on and off the park.

Pathetic.

You can have a proxy vote .

3 minutes ago, callum-g said:

You can have a proxy vote .

I’m aware of that, I live 400 miles away, I don’t have anyone that cares as much of me to take time out to go and vote on my behalf.

why not have a normal web based vote like we usually do? 

@geo87 SMISA are just following due process. 
Whether you agree or not it’s democratic. 
Mr Wardrop is certainly a marmite individual as is Mr Gilmour. 
I personally don’t think Mr Wardrop went about things the right way but at the same time a full stadium ban is nonsense. IMHO.

Mr Needham as chair brought negative publicity to the door of the club resulting in an SFA fine for his ill thought comments. 

Why did Mr Needham not receive a stadium ban?

From my understanding SMISA support Mr Needham against the powers oh the minority shareholders (Kibble) who wanted him out. 

Let the process function as it should. There have been significant positive changes within SMISA in last 12 months. 

It’s important that we support the process even if we may not agree with the outcome. 

9 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I’m aware of that, I live 400 miles away, I don’t have anyone that cares as much of me to take time out to go and vote on my behalf.

why not have a normal web based vote like we usually do? 

Perhaps reach out to SMISA direct at :

https://www.smisa.net/contact

Please voice your concerns as they are valid. 

9 minutes ago, Molotov said:

@geo87 SMISA are just following due process. 
Whether you agree or not it’s democratic. 
Mr Wardrop is certainly a marmite individual as is Mr Gilmour. 
I personally don’t think Mr Wardrop went about things the right way but at the same time a full stadium ban is nonsense. IMHO.

Mr Needham as chair brought negative publicity to the door of the club resulting in an SFA fine for his ill thought comments. 

Why did Mr Needham not receive a stadium ban?

From my understanding SMISA support Mr Needham against the powers oh the minority shareholders (Kibble) who wanted him out. 

Let the process function as it should. There have been significant positive changes within SMISA in last 12 months. 

It’s important that we support the process even if we may not agree with the outcome. 

A very good point indeed. 

Would guess it's in the constitution that votes at an SGM have to be in person/by proxy rather than an online vote, although bit ironic considering SMiSA put forward a candidate for director who'll presumably be doing a lot of his work virtually given where he lives. Not bothered either way on that issue but should at least have been included with the spiel they sent out about him.

Is there a minimum turnout required at the SGM? Would be a bit ridiculous if the motion carries because the only ones who turn up are Alan Wardrop's friends (and that's from someone who only thinks he should have been banned for claiming to The Herald folk call him Mr St Mirren rather than anything else).

I'm assuming that it only needs 5% of members to call an SGM is in the constitution so no issue with SMiSA over that one, however a few things have started cropping up that have me considering my membership again. There were a few things I didn't particularly like in the last update (marriage of convenience etc), I don't like the identity of the person they chose as their media consultant and this bit on Twitter regarding the loan for the executive boxes sits uncomfortably with me - partly because it wasn't included in the original email about the vote. For clarity I'm not the Stuart being referenced, that's total coincidence!

Edited by Stu

SMISA in my opinion needs totally reformed. There are some good people there but the lack of transparency and democracy and reluctance to treat members like adults is getting in the way. 

Not quite at the stage of chucking it but not far off.