The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Moving Marcus out one and bringing in Bolton would make most sense, putting McMenamin in makes sense after going down to 10 but changing the team set up to stick him at RWB would be mental……………so McMenamin it is then 😛

Bolton will surely play. I'd expect Fraser to move out to wing back, could Bolton play there?

If Bolton doesn't start, then it's hard to see when he would start. Gogic, Dunne, Taylor, and Fraser are all preferred (albeit Taylor and Dunne more left sided). Can't imagine we've brought him in as cover for Fraser alone.

Now, I've typed all that I'm wondering if Small could play right wing back?

I see no problem playing McMenamin at RWB as a stopgap measure.

In our set up, it's a very attacking position that carries a lot of influence. We've seen more assists from there than we have from RWF. That might be down to the individual players, but it shows we're not exactly stifling the guys at RWB.

It's then just an opportunity to play a different attacking player in front of him. I expect we'll see a front three of Olusanya, Kiltie and Mandron.

Results of games that were played this weekend have more or less went our way yet again in terms of the sides below us. We're in a genuinely unbelievable position right now. I can barely believe it as I just expected with us not playing, someone would inevitably end up right up our back putting us under a bit of pressure.

If we can overcome St. Johnstone who are certainly our bogey team next week,  then I genuinely might start belieivng were going to withness something very memorable this season - after that we have Parkhead where anything's obviously a bonus but then two games in Hibs at home and Dundee away (plus probably the County match at back of those) that we should definitely be aiming for some points from.

Has there been any confirmation about the allegations (true or apophrical ?) of a large number of cars being ticketed for parking offences around the stadium at our last home game ?

Are the 'authorities' aiming at football supporters as an easy target for their fundraising efforts, or were those stories a pile of pish ?

Anyone know ?

51 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Has there been any confirmation about the allegations (true or apophrical ?) of a large number of cars being ticketed for parking offences around the stadium at our last home game ?

Are the 'authorities' aiming at football supporters as an easy target for their fundraising efforts, or were those stories a pile of pish ?

Anyone know ?

There was certainly a large number of ticketed cars on the road into Ferguslie after the Rangers game. Technically, it has always been the case you can't park there but it has only recently been enforced. A pain, regardless.

4 hours ago, saintmurn said:

Hope the nonsense Mr St Mirren saga is now finally over. 

Hopefully, though i think the club backed down even though their statement makes it sound like Wardrope did. I wonder if Kibble directors are still taking legal action against him? If they are, i hope its just to ensure he never refers to himself as Mr St Mirren ever again.

1 hour ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

There was certainly a large number of ticketed cars on the road into Ferguslie after the Rangers game. Technically, it has always been the case you can't park there but it has only recently been enforced. A pain, regardless.

The cars (very few, but where numerous did previously) parked on the left hand side heading towards Ferguslie all got ticketed, the ones one the opposite side didn't. 

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Blimey!!!

Busy couple of months coming up.

5 games in November and 7 (seven) in December. 

Don't see this as a bad thing.  We have a decent squad and we are playing no more games than the rest of the teams in the league . Hopefully these games will give us a chance to consolidate in the top six . 

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Don't see this as a bad thing.  We have a decent squad and we are playing no more games than the rest of the teams in the league . Hopefully these games will give us a chance to consolidate in the top six . 

Agreed. Bring it on.

Just thought it was an unusually high number of games, especially considering one of those months has an international break in it too. So some of our players could potentially be playing another 2 games on top of those 12.

48 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agreed. Bring it on.

Just thought it was an unusually high number of games, especially considering one of those months has an international break in it too. So some of our players could potentially be playing another 2 games on top of those.

More matches is fine, just hope we're picking up plenty points and avoiding bad injuries or suspensions.  

3 this weekend would give us an average of 2 points per match in the league - which would be magical.

Massive November ahead with a lot of points we need to see as gettable given 4 of our 8 our games in December (if we're including January 2nd) include trips to Tynecastle, Pittodrie and Ibrox as well as Celtic at home.

Definitely our hardest month of the season to have so many big games in such a short period.

On 26/10/2023 at 13:35, medals said:

More matches is fine, just hope we're picking up plenty points and avoiding bad injuries or suspensions.  

3 this weekend would give us an average of 2 points per match in the league - which would be magical.

He he     ya beauty...