The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Have we? From what I can gather, Tanser was taken off on Wednesday night for purely precautionary measures rather than definitely being concussed.

Better to err on side of caution etc and Robinson said as much post match on Wednesday.

He was taken off because of the head knock.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the St Mirren club doctor and physio probably know more about head knocks, and whether or not Scott Tanser was fit to play, than folk on an Internet forum.

Pffffft.... "folk".

It's the all-seeing and all-knowing RandomGuy we're talking about here.

Bow before him!

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Pffffft.... "folk".

It's the all-seeing and all-knowing RandomGuy we're talking about here.

Bow before him!

Why we even talking about that?

We were so much better yesterday and need to play like that more often.

Jonah led the line really well and there were a fair number of other good performances. 

I like Stav, Tanser and Taylor. 

Another 3 points next game too - so important with 5 others teams now in the mix for top 6.

It's concussions that are of interest. You can go off with a head knock that's then later not diagnosed as a concussion, which will change the protocol for your return.

Separately on this topic, I noticed that there's a textbook example of 'fencing response' , a signature concussion reaction, from Frank McAvennie in the game below. That's one to look out for when a player has had a bad head knock.

image.png.2d3d795dd302930fade1184641da5533.png

6 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the St Mirren club doctor and physio probably know more about head knocks, and whether or not Scott Tanser was fit to play, than folk on an Internet forum.

Again.

This is the type of response and mentality that will see current players fucked with dementia etc., in 20/30 years time.

Football clubs dont do the best thing for their players when it comes to availability. 

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Again.

This is the type of response and mentality that will see current players fucked with dementia etc., in 20/30 years time.

Football clubs dont do the best thing for their players when it comes to availability. 

If I were you I'd be more worried that Levine thinks you only need 3 players in the January window..🤣

Edited by medals

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Again.

I trust you are actively campaigning for your club to perform MRI brain scans for every player after every training session and match. Let us know how you get on. 

There may well come a time where heading the ball is outlawed by FIFA.

IIRC the heading of footballs is supposedly banned in the training session before a game in Scotland. 

How do the authorities handle that?

19 hours ago, medals said:

If I were you I'd be more worried that Levine thinks you only need 3 plays in the January window..🤣

Is he wrong?

You can ignore our form under him if you want, but if we hadnt wasted 8 games with MacLean theres a very decent chance we'd be closer to the top half than relegation. 

In January we have Drey Wright and Nicky Clark back, plus 3 signings, and that seems like itll give us a real good chance of avoiding bottom.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

I trust you are actively campaigning for your club to perform MRI brain scans for every player after every training session and match. Let us know how you get on. 

A clash of heads is a lot more serious than headering a football.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is he wrong?

You can ignore our form under him if you want, but if we hadnt wasted 8 games with MacLean theres a very decent chance we'd be closer to the top half than relegation. 

In January we have Drey Wright and Nicky Clark back, plus 3 signings, and that seems like itll give us a real chance of avoiding bottom.

Previously you admitted you looked like relegation liklies.

I'm not ignoring the new manager bounce, but I'd be surprised if points per game don't fall from here for Levine.

There's always more injuries and suspensions. 

Livi will shuffle more than you guys, so I'd think you need more than 3. Your squad is not deep with talent and still has too many overpaid guys Levine would surly love to offload and replace.

What 3 positions?

1 hour ago, medals said:

Livi will shuffle more than you guys, so I'd think you need more than 3. Your squad is not deep with talent and still has too many overpaid guys Levine would surly love to offload and replace.

What 3 positions?

WGAF.

This is the St Mirren thread.

1 hour ago, medals said:

Previously you admitted you looked like relegation liklies.

I'm not ignoring the new manager bounce, but I'd be surprised if points per game don't fall from here for Levine.

Theres more to it than a "bounce", but theres every chance it looks better than it is because it was so bad under MacLean. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is he wrong?

In January we have Drey Wright and Nicky Clark back, plus 3 signings, and that seems like itll give us a real good chance of avoiding bottom.

A clash of heads is a lot more serious than headering a football.

You can talk about your “form” under Levein all you like, but that includes a 1-0 win over us when you were truly honkin! I’ve not seen your other games, but if that game was anything to go by,  you’re definitely still more than 3 players short of avoiding being relegation battlers in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

WGAF.

This is the St Mirren thread.

Join the dots as TPAFKA Jersey 2 does 2 posts on from yours.

They stole 3 points from us, are a sort of rival in our league and along with Livi are the most likely relegation and play off candidates.

We know all about that - and can smuggly think we're more likely in the other half of the league for a 2nd successive season.

Isn't our squad far better than theirs? If so we can surely be grateful but still be pondering who and how many we will sign too.

With a chance of better than 6th and possibly Europe who cares about the argument that started all this? - a head injury.

2 minutes ago, medals said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🔙🏡 <br><br>Back at The SMiSA Stadium again this weekend for our final Saturday home match of 2023. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OurStMirren?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#OurStMirren</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/COYS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#COYS</a> <a href="https://t.co/43muDUEeEW">pic.twitter.com/43muDUEeEW</a></p>&mdash; St Mirren FC (@saintmirrenfc) <a href="https://twitter.com/saintmirrenfc/status/1734272843339256292?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Isn't this wrong? Don't we play Kilmarnock the 27th December 

27th's a Wednesday