The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, callum-g said:

& Now there are Seven who’ve scored more than us !   & don’t forget , of those who have scored less,  3 have games in hand.  Dons just need 1 goal in 2 games in hand to overtake us. 

Scoring more goals is a very high priority for us in order to rise up the table.

We need a number of players to contribute more, especially strikers.

It is such a motivation knowing, even if your back is to the wall, that if we get the ball up the park the chances of us scoring are decent. 

That's what KVV did at Well last season - look at them this season, despite starting with the mentality carry over.

Edited by medals

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Think at this point it will be Van Veen or bust in that if we don't get him, we aren't likely to change our focus anywhere else.

I assumed the Van Veen thing was just a made up rumour to wind up Well fans on P&B?

Just now, Bobby_F said:

I assumed the Van Veen thing was just a made up rumour to wind up Well fans on P&B?

Nope, came from a Dutch journalist and its been picked up here.

His Mrs is apparently from Houston as well which would quite literally be the easiest commute of his life for next 5 months.

I assume, if anything does come of this rumour, we will likely be shipping at least one/two out given we already have 7 players (Ayunga, Mandron, Jamieson, Olusanya, Scott, McMenamin & Nahmani) vying for 2 positions regardless if we play 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. 

Just now, buddie06smfc said:

I assume, if anything does come of this rumour, we will likely be shipping at least one/two out given we already have 7 players (Ayunga, Mandron, Jamieson, Olusanya, Scott, McMenamin & Nahmani) vying for 2 positions regardless if we play 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. 

Id imagine at least one. 

Conor is also expected to be out of action deep into March so this season is more or less a write off for him.

31 minutes ago, medals said:

St Mirren open Van Veen talks

Latest from Sky Sports News' Anthony Joseph and Mark Benstead:

St Mirren are in talks with FC Groningen to sign striker Kevin Van Veen.

I'd be surprised if we get any further than talking TBH.

It's been worth it to see the meltdown on a certain thread.

They're absolutely spewing.

It's been an amusing couple of days indeed.

Could you imagine if we did actually sign KVV then announced Spittal the next day.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Quite the opposite. I have a feeling that, between you and us, you'll get him, because of our pitch. 

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's been worth it to see the meltdown on a certain thread.

They're absolutely spewing.

It's been an amusing couple of days indeed.

Could you imagine if we did actually sign KVV then announced Spittal the next day.:lol:

St Mirren and Kilmarnock have both reached agreements in principle with FC Groningen to sign striker Kevin van Veen.

It is now up to the player to decide on his future.

Just now, medals said:

St Mirren and Kilmarnock have both reached agreements in principle with FC Groningen to sign striker Kevin van Veen.

It is now up to the player to decide on his future.

We'll probably get the disinterested version.

37 minutes ago, medals said:

St Mirren winger Ethan Sutherland has agreed a loan deal with Alloa Athletic until the end of the season.

Good luck to him. He looked good pre season. Thought he may have been given more game time. The experience will do him good. 

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Good luck to him. He looked good pre season. Thought he may have been given more game time. The experience will do him good. 

What can we expect? Fast? Tricky or direct? Left or right sided? Good delivery? Eye for goal? What does he eat for breakfast? 

3 minutes ago, printer said:

What can we expect? Fast? Tricky or direct? Left or right sided? Good delivery? Eye for goal? What does he eat for breakfast? 

He plays on the left. Good on the ball, eye for a goal, decent passer, breaks fast etc. He will be a good addition to you guys.