The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

15 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

My son had just told me Bolton won his appeal and the blue bigots didn't    😂

Not according to the football panel.

Outcome: Claim Dismissed. A1 - Serious Foul Play; the original sanction is re-imposed with immediate effect. £500 fee forfeited to be paid within 30 days

Edited by medals

VAR asked the ref to review the red card. He clearly went with his original decision. There was no way that the appeal board would then reverse this as it would undermine the utter cnut that McLean is. Twat. 
Anyone got the footage of the first booking? 

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

VAR asked the ref to review the red card. He clearly went with his original decision. There was no way that the appeal board would then reverse this as it would undermine the utter cnut that McLean is. Twat. 
Anyone got the footage of the first booking? 

The first yellow was not in any way a booking, for me he clearly wins the ball.

Just now, glenburn bud said:

The first yellow was not in any way a booking, for me he clearly wins the ball.

It was directly in front of me. But I’d need to see a replay of it to confirm. I felt the Dundee player (Beck) forced the referee into that decision by his antics. I certainly don’t wish to accuse Beck of cheating without seeing a replay of that incident.

26 minutes ago, medals said:

Not according to the football panel.

Outcome: Claim Dismissed. A1 - Serious Foul Play; the original sanction is re-imposed with immediate effect. £500 fee forfeited to be paid within 30 days

Aye I just been told. Someone on the wind up. 

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

An absolutely disgraceful decision, was a borderline booking at the most

The SFA going full tonto in backing the refs, wouldnt be surprised if the refs told them in private "back us or we're off, stick your game up your arse" 

When they're getting close to £900 a game (plus expenses) I seriously doubt that.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Feels like we are reaching a boiling point with the SFA and refs again.

Perhaps we just refuse to pay them or take them to court via Digby! Is that not what The Rangers would do?

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Feels like we are reaching a boiling point with the SFA and refs again.

It’s a strange one - last time was basically caused by Neil Lennon and I think folk had a degree of sympathy, but they now have the VAR fail safe at the top level and it feels like they get even more wrong. Wouldn’t surprise me if the clubs are the ones to instigate it this time.

The people I really feel for are the players and fans at League 1 and below - the need for six VAR officials (well, four active refs and the two FT VARs) has meant some utter shite has made it to the SPFL. Only a matter of time before some get fast-tracked to Premiership games that don’t involve a certain two teams.

30 minutes ago, codfish said:

It’s a strange one - last time was basically caused by Neil Lennon and I think folk had a degree of sympathy, but they now have the VAR fail safe at the top level and it feels like they get even more wrong. Wouldn’t surprise me if the clubs are the ones to instigate it this time.

The people I really feel for are the players and fans at League 1 and below - the need for six VAR officials (well, four active refs and the two FT VARs) has meant some utter shite has made it to the SPFL. Only a matter of time before some get fast-tracked to Premiership games that don’t involve a certain two teams.

We seem to have become a bit of a breaking ground for referees making their top flight debuts since we came back up.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

On another topic, have I missed any announcements or must the PCAs been a figment of peoples’ imagination? 

There may well be agreements in place with their current clubs or the players themselves not to announce them before this season ends

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We seem to have become a bit of a breaking ground for referees making their top flight debuts since we came back up.

Yeah, used to pride myself on having an awareness of lower league officials (sad I know) but I’ve found myself saying ‘who’ a lot recently.