The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

18 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

4000 season tickets sold when we're still in June is superb. What a long way we've come as a club these past few years.

This is a lovely collection of goals, but they have left out everyone's actual goal of the season.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

For sheer drama surely the 98m winner v Aberdeen ? Surprised the CBM league cup goal v Well isn't included 

As a 58 year old man, these days I tend to celebrate goals by standing up, a good firm punch of the air and at most a quick cuddle of the person next to me.

However, I celebrated that goal against Aberdeen like I was a 15 year old in the Northbank again. 😄

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As a 58 year old man, these days I tend to celebrate goals by standing up, a good firm punch of the air and at most a quick cuddle of the person next to me.

However, I celebrated that goal against Aberdeen like I was a 15 year old in the Northbank again. 😄

100% this !!!

44 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My (20yo) son gave me pelters despite him behaving exactly the same at that goal. A last minute winner is fantastic, two at 94+ to win is the stuff of dreams and deserved the "limbs" to use the vernacular it got.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was half way up ferguslie Park avenue having left as soon as the penalty was scored . I celebrated pushing the air with a clenched fist .

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I was half way up ferguslie Park avenue having left as soon as the penalty was scored . I celebrated pushing the air with a clenched fist .

Me too....gutted!🙈

I left on 90 min (which I never do) cos I had somewhere to be. I remember saying to the neighbour that we wouldn’t score if we had another 90 to play!! 
Regrets…….. I think I’ll take that one to the grave 😭

It was one of the best endings to a game that I've seen for ages. It was instrumental to our final league position too.

It had the added bonus of getting it right up the vacuous tits in the Aberdeen support who assured us that their games in hand would have them above us.

Oh how we laughed.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

It was one of the best endings to a game that I've seen for ages. It was instrumental to our final league position too.

It had the added bonus of getting it right up the vacuous tits in the Aberdeen support who assured us that their games in hand would have them above us.

Oh how we laughed.

Careful,  the sheep are optimistic of their 7th or 8th false dawn. 

I like the sound of Idowu.

However, he looks like another one of Foyle/Robinson's projects and I'm not expecting too much until he's had a proper manager spend some time developing his talents.

If we want to increase our chances of being top six, we need to start scoring more goals. Whether that's by some sort of miracle signing of a forward, or further developing what we have, it's crucial to us winning more games. We were a decent team last season and hard to play against for the most part, but we lacked the killer touch in a lot of games.

When you look at last season's bottom six teams, who were overall of a pretty poor standard, a few of them could have possibly suffered Livingston's fate, if it wasn't for a forward who was scoring goals regularly for them. E.g. Bair/Biereth, Murray, Miovski, and latterly even Sidibeh for St.J.

An age old problem, but one that it would be nice to sort out for once in a pretty long time.