The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Yes, and he was excellent.

Maybe, but it was one game, and a game we lost at that. 

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Do you think St Johnstone fans in general are disappointed with you signing Willock? If we wanted him we had plenty chances to get him. He's a decent prospect but isn't what we need just now. We need a sitting midfielder, Willock isn't this. I do however wish the lad well and with him being out of contract soon you might have a good chance of actually signing him.

Seems to be the consensus. I've not seen a single St. Johnstone fans saying he's not any good, just that he's not a priority position needing filled in your squad.

Willock on the other hand, in terms of us, plays in a position that we desperately needed strengthening in. 

He's someone St. Mirren needed, he's someone St. Johnstone would have liked but didn't need as a priority. Simple as that.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's someone St. Mirren needed, he's someone St. Johnstone would have liked but didn't need as a priority. Simple as that.

We are not in a position to sign 'players we like' we are strictly in the 'players we need' category. Tommy Wright has got EVERY one of his top targets so far this summer, with one more to come, and he's willing to wait on his last one.

39 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Every club is going bust, apart from St Johnstone emoji4.png

Why you coming in with that shite Spud? It was a simple question,  we're running with around 25-26 which is about right I'd  say.  I sincerely hope no one goes bust this season, well apart from the ****, they're a basket case. I have no beef with St Mirren and i'm genuinely interested how they'll fare this season. You should be worried  Spud as they'll likely be about your teams level.

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

As I've pointed out in the St. Johnstone thread, it's no surprise that your upturn in form directly coincides with your acquisition of a St. Johnstone-quality player (Matty Willock). One player of that ability can make a huge difference. We have many. You now have one. Whether it's enough to keep you afloat in the big boys' league, I still have my doubts.

Your writting about a player you tried to sign back on but would not sign, correct ? That in your head a wee diddy team came along and signed said player correct ? You are too clever not to work that one out. Swallow the large tablet and move yourself on to more important things to you maybe St Johnstone.  

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

We are not in a position to sign 'players we like' we are strictly in the 'players we need' category. Tommy Wright has got EVERY one of his top targets so far this summer, with one more to come, and he's willing to wait on his last one.

looking at you last season you need too if you want to keep up the standard of previous seasons. You are a well run club who punch above their weight. our chairman quotes your club for the direction he wants us to go. I don't buy you did not want the young lad. The fact you tried says it all. Some you win some you lose just like football it's self. 

24 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Your writting about a player you tried to sign back on but would not sign, correct ? That in your head a wee diddy team came along and signed said player correct ? You are too clever not to work that one out. Swallow the large tablet and move yourself on to more important things to you maybe St Johnstone.  

There is no evidence that we tried to sign him. Tommy expressed an interest in bringing him back, yes. He would have presumably been on a shortlist of midfield targets. As others have pointed out, we're primarily looking for a holding midfielder. I imagine that, if we'd reached the final week of the transfer window without bringing in the type of midfielder we're needing, we would have offered him something.  We're aware of his qualities, but those qualities aren't what we desperately require right now. It's been repeated ad infinitum. No hard feelings here.

6 hours ago, mylothedog said:

St. Mirren will be fine this year. You can tell who is worried by the posts on here. FWIW I think the fakes will be fine too. So stop worrying!!

Nobody at Saints is worried, we know we'll be safe and are looking to improve on a poor year last year, mainly caused by injuries and Tommy Wright stubbornly  playing Steven  Anderson rather than the capable youngsters we have.  So far this season he has learned his lesson. Anyway I'll stop clogging up your thread and wish you well for this year, especially your league opener, scud the b*****ds.

We're just passing the time, St Mirren fans should really hold the "weirdest poster" chat until after their match thread with Dundee gets filled with photos of cats and Morrisey.. 

39 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Nobody at Saints is worried, we know we'll be safe and are looking to improve on a poor year last year, mainly caused by injuries and Tommy Wright stubbornly  playing Steven  Anderson rather than the capable youngsters we have.  So far this season he has learned his lesson. Anyway I'll stop clogging up your thread and wish you well for this year, especially your league opener, scud the b*****ds.

You don't need to start brown nosing them in a bid to get them to stop ripping the pish out of you.