Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They’re a senior club now.

Correct.

Play in a junior league

No they don't. They got their SFA membership last year and as a result now play in the senior EoSL (feeder for the Lowland League) rather than anything junior.

13 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Seems  be a very decent signing for us, but would  interested to hear how he did with City ?

Yep, a decent signing at your level and even the league up but Championship a step too far, although not really given a run and when he did not at it.

Good for us most of last season. As he still had some contract to run I would assume some cash has exchanged hands.

Allows us to bring in someone else................................but who?

Needs to be an attack minded player - experienced.

10 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Yep, a decent signing at your level and even the league up but Championship a step too far, although not really given a run and when he did not at it.

Good for us most of last season. As he still had some contract to run I would assume some cash has exchanged hands.

Allows us to bring in someone else................................but who?

Needs to be an attack minded player - experienced.

Cheers for that, hoping Danny Lennon can get the best out of him anyway:thumsup2

6 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Seems  be a very decent signing for us, but would  interested to hear how he did with City ?

Was really good last year and scored some important goals. On that basis should be a winner in L2. This season couldn't command an automatic first time place then didn't really grasp the opportunity when he was given it, e.g. Getting sent off having come on as a 2nd half sub. Maybe a bit of frustration at not getting picked boiling over. Bit sorry to see him leave but can see the argument. Hope he does well for you 

On 29/12/2017 at 14:41, stumigoo said:

A brief mid term report card for Brechin here if anyone has a spare 2 minutes. Apologies for any glaring mistakes (feel free to tear it apart!)

This is a completely fair analysis factually but does have a bit of the sense of resignation about it that many City fans have felt during the season. Dumbarton have come from a very similar place to us and been competitive for several seasons now. No major grumbles but on that basis it would be nice to shed the cringe and, if we are to be relegated, to have clear expectations of survival if and when we do get promoted next. 

Bottom line is the club/ management did not expect to make the championship therefore no preparation. No extra money/players. I don’t know if Dumbarton were better prepped or just got a few wins (which is possible) that allowed them to get a foothold in this league?

16 hours ago, slangs said:

Bottom line is the club/ management did not expect to make the championship therefore no preparation. No extra money/players. I don’t know if Dumbarton were better prepped or just got a few wins (which is possible) that allowed them to get a foothold in this league?

We got incredibly lucky. We were in a similar position to you, we had 2 points at the start of November and sacked Alan Adamson. Jack Ross took over and got us our first win then we appointed Ian Murray who worked a miracle to get us out of it, all with the same players Adamson had used. I think we finished the season on 43 points that season and beat everyone in the league.  The following season we finished 5th and played the best/most exciting football I've seen us play.

Murray appointment was a huge gamble and the thought behind it was he would get 6 months to assess the squad and then rebuild for League 1. I think we won our first 3 games under him and we just grew in confidence each week. Jim Lister was unplayable at times. It just worked out for us, Ian Murray had a disaster at St Mirren and has disappeared to Norway since. Brechin could look at that and sack Dods in the hope someone gets more out of them but it's a big gamble - you know Dods is a safe pair of hands for League 1.

We got incredibly lucky. We were in a similar position to you, we had 2 points at the start of November and sacked Alan Adamson. Jack Ross took over and got us our first win then we appointed Ian Murray who worked a miracle to get us out of it, all with the same players Adamson had used. I think we finished the season on 43 points that season and beat everyone in the league.  The following season we finished 5th and played the best/most exciting football I've seen us play.
Murray appointment was a huge gamble and the thought behind it was he would get 6 months to assess the squad and then rebuild for League 1. I think we won our first 3 games under him and we just grew in confidence each week. Jim Lister was unplayable at times. It just worked out for us, Ian Murray had a disaster at St Mirren and has disappeared to Norway since. Brechin could look at that and sack Dods in the hope someone gets more out of them but it's a big gamble - you know Dods is a safe pair of hands for League 1.

would nt sack Dods he s had his hands tied behind his back the last 2 seasons and pulled of 2 minor miracles. Deserves his free ride this year. My only real 2 gripes are his woeful cup record and his determination to defend defend defend when we re actually no bad going forward ..

3 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

would nt sack Dods he s had his hands tied behind his back the last 2 seasons and pulled of 2 minor miracles. Deserves his free ride this year. My only real 2 gripes are his woeful cup record and his determination to defend defend defend when we re actually no bad going forward ..

Aye, I would say that with the position you are now in that committing to more attacking tactics probably isn't the worst idea. You've got nothing to lose and the teams in this division seem to be having plenty off days this season.

1 hour ago, AstroZombie said:

Callum Tapping is back

Very interesting signing, considering how he left.

I for one will give him every opportunity to pay the club back with some performances. However remember he is not getting games at QoS for a reason.

Good luck.

Very interesting signing, considering how he left.
I for one will give him every opportunity to pay the club back with some performances. However remember he is not getting games at QoS for a reason.
Good luck.

Yeah i think he left way to quickly but hopefully he comes back and pays off to be a great first team player

Archived