Brechin City Season 2017/2018

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have to say that was my initial thoughts

Maybe some guys are moving on . We ve got a decent wee squad individually all good players just another option up front . Put Isaac out on loan he's gone back to his half hearted self after his wee purple patch . And Orsi huffs and puffs he's definitely a confidence player

Not a loan signing. but a full signature.....

Hows this  for a team on Sat

Smith

Mclean, Crighton Fusco

Lynas Dale Spark 

Graham Tapping Mclennan

Jacko

Lynas and Spark encouraged to get into the midfield area and ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!

24 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Not a loan signing. but a full signature.....

Hows this  for a team on Sat

Smith

Mclean, Crighton Fusco

Lynas Dale Spark 

Graham Tapping Mclennan

Jacko

Lynas and Spark encouraged to get into the midfield area and ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!

Team for Sat may well be as you note but attack attack attack will only come once we are at least 1-0 down its the "Brechin way":thumsup2

Surprised Tapping was let go considering we are a bit light in numbers.  Having said that,   in his sporadic appearances  this season he has been painfully underwhelming.  I think his injury problems have maybe affected his approach to games but he gave the impression,  to me at least,  that he wanted to be somewhere else anyway.  Hopefully for Brechin he steers clear of injury and rediscovers the form he showed when free of injury last season,  when you felt he was the kind of player who could swing a game in your favour. 

I would disagree with the suggestion from a few that his injury problems have affected his approach. He has thundered into a few challenges this season showing no fear. 

He has at times looked really good. He was the best player on the pitch last game of last season v Dunfermline but has generally been the odd man out of three central midfielders this season. Rankin is the captain whilst Jacobs is the holding defensive one. When Tapping has played its been in a wider role or on the odd occasion when we played a three man midfield. Its not really his game and he hasnt shone although he had a really good game in the 4-1 early season win at Falkirk.  The arrival of Joe Thomson was only likely to reduce his opportunities however and going somewhere he will play more regularly is what he needs. Hopefully it works well for him.

Archived