"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

37 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

It’s just pure speculation to say Billy won.

It's also tiresome in the extreme. Whereas it is de rigueur for dear Sandy to make the same post over and over again, really, is there any need?

It wasn't a zero sum game, rather there was a negotiated settlement that both club and player were comfortable enough with to agree on.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

That's pure speculation, a definition of the word 'should' is;

"used to say or suggest that something is the proper, reasonable, or best thing to do"

Billy got his two years plain and simple.

Yep it’s speculation, that’s why I used the words “Could mean “ As far as being , proper, reasonable or the best thing to do , none of those mean it will happen either  they mean that it’s the best outcome . I’d be delighted if you were right and I was wrong but I just have a nagging doubt. Maybe we can have this discussion same time next year and see what the story is.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, a9north said:

Yep it’s speculation, that’s why I used the words “Could mean “ As far as being , proper, reasonable or the best thing to do , none of those mean it will happen either  they mean that it’s the best outcome . I’d be delighted if you were right and I was wrong but I just have a nagging doubt. Maybe we can have this discussion same time next year and see what the story is.

Cheers.

There was 100% something off about the wording of it. I’ve never seen a contract announcement before that said the player should stay until a certain time. There might be some break clause after a year if either party isn’t happy or something like that.

At the end of the day though it is great news that he is signed up for next season at the very least.

8 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

From the outside looking in, I think you're all reading far too much into it. He "should" be with you until 2025 but you never know in football, he could be snapped up by a Saudi megaclub or decide to retire next summer after a bad injury. 

20230704_073157.jpg.82125ace6c47d2bd1cf18403c3eb5202.jpg

Goalkeepers

Mark Ridgers

Cammy Mackay

Defence

Zak Delaney

Max Ram

Cameron Harper

Lewis Nicholson

Wallace Duffy

Danny Devine

Jake Davidson

Midfield

David Carson

Lewis Hyde

Roddy Macgregor

Sean Welsh

Aaron Doran

Charlie Gilmour

Harry Hennem

Robbie Thompson

Forwards

Nathan Shaw

Ethan Cairns

Austin Samuels

Billy Mckay

I think this is everyone that’s signed up so far next season, looking a bit light on wingers and maybe another centre back would be good. 

Someone on CTO looking for 'evidence' we're after Lafferty.  What evidence can be provided other than someone told me that someone who works at the club told them we're talking to him?  A video/photo of the conversation/contract offer taking place? He might sign for us, he might not and that's all there is to it.

Our fans are gimps.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Someone on CTO looking for 'evidence' we're after Lafferty.  What evidence can be provided other than someone told me that someone who works at the club told them we're talking to him?  A video/photo of the conversation/contract offer taking place? He might sign for us, he might not and that's all there is to it.

Our fans are gimps.

Some of the people pushing the rumours have proven quite unreliable. I don’t see any harm in wanting slightly more solid evidence other than hearsay.

27 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Some of the people pushing the rumours have proven quite unreliable. I don’t see any harm in wanting slightly more solid evidence other than hearsay.

What kind of evidence of players being offered contracts by a football club would you be looking for?

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

We've signed Steven Boyd who played for you guys last season. Can't say I remember much about him from our games. 

Decent player?

Looks good in flashes when carrying the ball however does nothing with it. Nowhere near good enough for this level.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

We've signed Steven Boyd who played for you guys last season. Can't say I remember much about him from our games. 

Decent player?

No, he’s really not.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

What kind of evidence of players being offered contracts by a football club would you be looking for?

I want you camped out in the bushes over at Fort George confirming you’ve seen him

20 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Decent player?

His worst attribute is trying to dribble with ball literally through an opposition player and falling over. I really wanted there to be a player there but he's just not very good.

29 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Decent player?

He assisted Carson's winner at Cappielow in April. That was literally the only meaningful thing he did for us last season, but maybe that was enough for Imrie to take a chance on him. Looks quite tidy on the ball but as @RiG says, he tends to hold onto to long and ends up getting knocked off it or making the wrong decision. Alloa supporters said the same about him when he signed for us last summer. and Dodds doesn't seem to have cured him of it.  

Imrie has an astonishing success rate for signings that he used to play with that fans of their previous clubs think aren't good enough so I'm not too concerned with this signing. He seems to have a knack for getting the best out of these players on their last chance at full time football in Scotland with a point to prove so hoping Boyd is the same.