"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Pepple was good against Dundee Utd a few weeks ago. Though he does sometimes look like he has never seen a football in his life before. Would say Samuels is quicker and agree that he should get some game time. Even for 20 mins off the bench.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think the two players we have missed the most this season compared to last are Daniel Mckay and Jay Henderson.  Both of them had pace to stretch the game and we don't have anyone like that now.  I'm not saying they were both brilliant all the time, clearly they both had ups and downs and poor performances, but we didn't replace them at all.  

image.png.385be27747693493319794c7626b1961.png

The players you mentioned would make a huge difference to any championship club excluding us, as Ferguson would try and shoehorn them into right or left central midfield just like Shaw. 

I am curious to see if DF is willing to adapt tactics next season. The overly defensive style is relatively understandable in a relegation scrap, but there’s surely no way it’s creative enough to raise the club anywhere near promotion. 

We’ve been treated to Dan Mackay, Logan Chalmers, Shaw and Henderson - another season of Wallace Duffy wingback, no thanks.

22 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

The players you mentioned would make a huge difference to any championship club excluding us, as Ferguson would try and shoehorn them into right or left central midfield just like Shaw. 

I am curious to see if DF is willing to adapt tactics next season. The overly defensive style is relatively understandable in a relegation scrap, but there’s surely no way it’s creative enough to raise the club anywhere near promotion. 

We’ve been treated to Dan Mackay, Logan Chalmers, Shaw and Henderson - another season of Wallace Duffy wingback, no thanks.

If we had wingers at the club then I think he would use them. I mean he could have signed some in January I suppose.

If there was any doubt about Ferguson being an utter idiot then it’s resolved now

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/duncan-ferguson-blasts-rivals-downing-32611348

“We had Arbroath up here when they were fighting for their lives. We probably relegated them. The next week, it has gone. Teams around about us are playing Arbroath and we’re putting three points on those teams’ tally already because we don’t think Arbroath are going to try a leg from now until the end of the season

Or you know, we’re just not very good and playing 5 at the back at home helped them? 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

If there was any doubt about Ferguson being an utter idiot then it’s resolved now

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/duncan-ferguson-blasts-rivals-downing-32611348

Or you know, we’re just not very good and playing 5 at the back at home helped them? 

I kind of get where he is coming from, perhaps he is trying to call them out and motivate them for the run in ?

But ultimately, if we are indeed relegated, it will be down to ourselves and our own results over the season, not if Arbroath " down tools" for the remainder.

Our problems have been a lot closer to home this year, (metaphorically and statistically).

In the first instance he will step into a CPO (Child Protection Officer) role alongside current CPO Willie MacLennan but his experience, love of football in Inverness and his connections with the Highland League will be invaluable going forward.

???

Edited by Buzz Killington

Its a great game of pass the parcel.  We jumped the gun on a signing and apologised to Airdrie, who put out a statement.  Your manager was a fud, so your club apologises to Arbroath, who put out a statement.  Wonder who will need to apologise to Inverness tomorrow!

I don’t think he was that far wrong with what he said as I’ve got Queen’s Park getting an easy 3 points against Arbroath already chalked up on the board. You could argue that he didn’t need to say it but on the other hand the reaction is exactly what he was after. If Arbroath go on to get a couple of results, especially against Queens Park, then he’s done exactly what he wanted to happen and if they lose all 3 games he’s been proven right.

He doesn’t really come out of this looking bad apart from the bit where it is everyone else’s fault that we are in this position. 

We just need Queens Park to lose one match and 4 points will do us fine. I can’t see a play-off troubling us should it come to that.

The last couple of home matches have been very encouraging regardless of the result tonight - the team appear to have clicked to some extent. 

Doran leaving the stadium on crutches last night. According to someone who was in the presence of the board last night the board members reckon he's done.

Shame he actually looked decent last night before he got injured could've still been a good player for us in the remaining games we have left & next season regardless of where we are.