"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

This account statement was perfect. Winning trophies, making profits, increasing season ticket sales, refusing to sell our captain and cashing in on homegrown youngsters when the time was right. Bring back Mr. Cameron.

https://ictfc.com/2015-accounts-statement

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Oh Sandy, is there ever a stick you haven't got the wrong end of?

I was simply, granted, perhaps too simply, trying to ascertain whether @Caley Shaun was at the game.

The walkout by a few dozen, although understandable, was performative though and that's not the type of behaviour that is particularly to my taste.

FFS when are you going to get this into that thick skull of yours dear, I AM NOT GOING TO STOOP TO YOUR LEVEL so just leave me alone!! You don't question anyone else so why pick on me, I've already told you MILLIONS OF TIMES why I have not been so fucking accept that reason bitch!

33 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

This account statement was perfect. Winning trophies, making profits, increasing season ticket sales, refusing to sell our captain and cashing in on homegrown youngsters when the time was right. Bring back Mr. Cameron.

https://ictfc.com/2015-accounts-statement

A couple of months after that we refused to let Hughes speak to Dundee United and he went in a strop over it. Can't recall what happened next...

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

What do we reckon the total salaries are for this lot? Say on average they're getting £30k each (which is probably on the low side), that's £300k per year. We should get a doctor in as manager to save us a salary imo. Personally, I would do any of their jobs for free as I love The Caley so much.

Also, our accounts have to be submitted by the 28th so we should know how fucked we are soon.

I would say that £300,000 is way under the real figure.

However I have no argument about coaching staff salaries as you get in life what you pay for, but more importantly salaries should return a fair profit to a business and in our sporting area the return should be measured in some footballing success, sadly that has not worked out over the last two seasons. 

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Seems like the problem was with John Hughes rather than Mr. Cameron

Oh yeah I didn't mean that Cameron was the problem more that this seemed to be the point when everything started going south for us.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

In hindsight Kenny Camerons appointment of Richie Foran was the catalyst.

The catalyst was Cameron's poor decision making.

You never indulge a disgruntled* employee and you especially don't stand in their way if they have a chance to improve their lot.

Quite extraordinary behaviour from Cameron around that episode in our history.

* has there ever been anyone that is gruntled?

Mr Cameron's only poor decision was hiring Richie Foran. After years of excellent decisions which contributed to our best moments, I'm sure we can't begrudge him one slip up. Get him back in a consulting role and give him Gardiner's office to use whenever he pleases.

59 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Mr Cameron's only poor decision was hiring Richie Foran. After years of excellent decisions which contributed to our best moments, I'm sure we can't begrudge him one slip up. Get him back in a consulting role and give him Gardiner's office to use whenever he pleases.

We've fact checked this and our panel have concluded, given Hughes should have been transferred to Tannadice for a big bag of cash, as a claim lacking in both veracity and levity.

5 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Question I've not read anyone asking is were there opportunities since relegation to turn things around that were missed?

Just missing the play offs in our first season down. We still had a good core of players that season and Nathan Austin was on fire in the latter part of the season. Then, after the aforementioned Austin scored a brilliant goal against Dunfermline in the penultimate game, we conceded a 95th minute equaliser and missed the play offs. We had loads of momentum at that point that might’ve carried us through but we blew it just when it mattered most. 

Edited by Highland Capital

2 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Weren’t contracts under Kenny Cameron a riot? Like Jake Mulraneys wages to double in the last year of his deal 

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Weren’t contracts under Kenny Cameron a riot? Like Jake Mulraneys wages to double in the last year of his deal 

3 year deals on big money to ageing Warren, Raven and Draper too.

That Mulraney one is the worst though. It was a shame as his pace was electric, and while his end product was generally awful, it did make defences sit an extra 5 yards or so deeper.

All I'm seeing is Mr. Cameron showing a bit of ambition by trying his utmost to retain our successful core. If he'd waved goodbye to Hughes, Raven, Warren and Draper, losing them in 2016 to other Premiership clubs at the first hint of interest, we could just as easily be in the same situation we are now in anyway. I'd much rather a chairman with a bit of bottle who tries to maintain success than one who seems hell bent on maintaining failure.

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

3 year deals on big money to ageing Warren, Raven and Draper too.

That Mulraney one is the worst though. It was a shame as his pace was electric, and while his end product was generally awful, it did make defences sit an extra 5 yards or so deeper.

His sending off away at Falkirk was an unreal heads gone too. Got booked then very soon after just kicked the back of a Falkirk players heels and got himself sent off 😂 

19 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

All I'm seeing is Mr. Cameron showing a bit of ambition by trying his utmost to retain our successful core. If he'd waved goodbye to Hughes, Raven, Warren and Draper, losing them in 2016 to other Premiership clubs at the first hint of interest, we could just as easily be in the same situation we are now in anyway. I'd much rather a chairman with a bit of bottle who tries to maintain success than one who seems hell bent on maintaining failure.

I never said we should be releasing Warren, Raven and Draper. The length of contract/amount being paid was the issue.

The biggest criticism of his time in charge will be, and quite rightly so, appointing Richie Foran. What an attractive job that would have been for managers and we didn’t even look to see who would be interested.

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

Question I've not read anyone asking is were there opportunities since relegation to turn things around that were missed?

The first season you could look at as a missed opportunity as that was the strongest squad we have had in the championship and the team didn't really click until after the challenge cup final, but it was always going to be like that with the huge turnover. For what its worth if the team did get into the playoffs there would be a decent chance we would of won it.

With hindsight Robertson should of been temporary, move him upstairs after he stabilized the club and got us back near the playoffs.

I imagine in a few years time the whole Billy Dodds era will be looked at as a missed opportunity 

Edited by Jaffa

3 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

The first season you could look at as a missed opportunity as that was the strongest squad we have had in the championship and the team didn't really click until after the challenge cup final, but it was always going to be like that with the huge turnover. For what its worth if the team did get into the playoffs there would be a decent chance we would of won it.

With hindsight Robertson should of been temporary, move him upstairs after he stabilized the club and got us back near the playoffs.

I imagine in a few years time the whole Billy Dodds era will be looked at as a missed opportunity 

Were we not a bit of a mess for the first half of that first season? It was certainly one of our strongest squads we’ve had in the championship but I’m not sure I class it as a missed opportunity as we had left too much to do to get in the playoffs. I do agree with the thoughts that if we had snuck in we would have fancied going up though as with that momentum just keeping in going.

I actually think our strongest squad was last seasons. In the summer bringing in Gardyne and Mckay seemed exactly what we needed, granted the Gardyne one turned out to be a disaster. I’m sure I said at the time I felt it was our strongest but the only question mark was over Billy Dodds. I still feel that would have a starting 11 that should be challenging for the title but we have the wrong man in charge of those players.