"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

47 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

We've signed Steven Boyd who played for you guys last season. Can't say I remember much about him from our games. 

Decent player?

He’s tidy enough on the ball, works hard and has decent enough pace. I agree he occasionally holds it too long and his big issue is his final product. I’ll go against the grain here and say it wouldn’t surprise me if he does fine, especially on a tight pitch.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

8 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

He’s tidy enough on the ball, works hard and has decent enough pace. I agree he occasionally holds it too long and his big issue is his final product. I’ll go against the grain here and say it wouldn’t surprise me if he does fine, especially on a tight pitch.

The contrarian being contrary? Colour me shocked!

15 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Works hard is being very kind I think, the amount of times he got knocked off the ball because he’s 4 foot 8 and 6 stone then made no attempt to get it back was frightening. 

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Works hard is being very kind I think, the amount of times he got knocked off the ball because he’s 4 foot 8 and 6 stone then made no attempt to get it back was frightening. 

Look forward to opposition managers calling him a thug next season now he plays for big bad morton along with the rest of our midgets. 

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Look forward to opposition managers calling him a thug next season now he plays for big bad morton along with the rest of our midgets. 

Tbf Gorgeous George Oakley cancels out the height considering he’s about 6 foot 5, however if he’s anything like he was with us he’ll be more interested in wrestling opposition centre halves than actually playing football 

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Tbf Gorgeous George Oakley cancels out the height considering he’s about 6 foot 5, however if he’s anything like he was with us he’ll be more interested in wrestling opposition centre halves than actually playing football 

Gorgeous George is only interested in goals at Morton. What a man 😍

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Imrie has an astonishing success rate for signings that he used to play with that fans of their previous clubs think aren't good enough so I'm not too concerned with this signing. He seems to have a knack for getting the best out of these players on their last chance at full time football in Scotland with a point to prove so hoping Boyd is the same. 

1 goal in 41 games,

enjoy.

6 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

1 goal in 41 games,

enjoy.

Grant Gillespie couldn't get a game in league one 2 seasons ago and scored double figures. 

Jack Baird was released by one of the worst full time teams in Scotland and scored 7 goals. 

George Oakley scored over 23% of his career total goals in 13 games for us last season. 

Wee Boydy will be the league top scorer next season mark my words. 

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Grant Gillespie couldn't get a game in league one 2 seasons ago and scored double figures. 

Jack Baird was released by one of the worst full time teams in Scotland and scored 7 goals. 

George Oakley scored over 23% of his career total goals in 13 games for us last season. 

Having watched 'wee Boydy' in the pre-match shooting drills for most of last season's home matches I can assure you he will not be troubling the top scorers charts next or any season !

Absolutely no reason Boyd can't do a turn for Morton. He was mince for us but we've had plenty of jobbers come to Inverness and put in a good shift before earning a decent move from one or two solid seasons. Donaldson, Chalmers, White, Rooney and so on spring to mind. 

All money/donations from Saturday going towards funding the roof for the west stand.  Allowing free entry to friendlies means we really are so mon£y.

13 hours ago, port-ton said:

Must make you're runners the worst in comparison then.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Must make you're runners the worst in comparison then.

We are both one of the worst full time clubs in the country based on wages offered who for years have been in the same market for the dregs of full time football players hanging on to their last hopes before going part time, especially at the point you released him. 

When you're released by Ayr or Morton for not being good enough then there's not really much lower to go, I'm shocked that this is a surprise to you, so for Baird to score the amount of goals he scored and be arguably our player of the year is testament to just how obvious it is that Boyd is going to break all Scottish football goalscoring records next season. 

5 minutes ago, port-ton said:

We are both one of the worst full time clubs in the country based on wages offered who for years have been in the same market for the dregs of full time football players hanging on to their last hopes before going part time, especially at the point you released him. 

When you're released by Ayr or Morton for not being good enough then there's not really much lower to go, I'm shocked that this is a surprise to you, so for Baird to score the amount of goals he scored and be arguably our player of the year is testament to just how obvious it is that Boyd is going to break all Scottish football goalscoring records next season. 

To be fair to Baird, he wasn't actually released. He was offered a new deal, however I think it was more of a you're going to be 3rd/4th choice wages rather than starting.  Same went with Muirhead.

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

There's always Falkirk.

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There's always Falkirk.

Who'll not only sign players who've run out of full-time Championship options after playing for two of Morton, Ayr & Raith and being mediocre at best, but will give them a massive increase in wages while they're at it. Tremendous stuff.

15 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Who'll not only sign players who've run out of full-time Championship options after playing for two of Morton, Ayr & Raith and being mediocre at best, but will give them a massive increase in wages while they're at it. Tremendous stuff.

The player who made the rounds of all four clubs, Craig McGuffie, is the epitome of it.