"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

I do agree that we can't keep giving out contracts to guys who are injured more often than not but given our location and the wages we offer signing guys with a chequered injury history is the bargain basement we often need to dip into. At least Doran and Welsh have been available to play more often than someone like Toshney.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

I'd rather we offered slightly less wages to two players who aren't going to be sat in the stand most of the season. 

It doesn't even have to be that much less. Doran and Welsh will be on good wages. 

I don’t think Doran will be on as much as people imagine. It won’t be buttons but I reckon it would be an average wage for the championship.

He’s very settled up here, won’t be short of cash from previous contracts plus his partners family are pretty well off.

I’d like to think we offered him something where we know full well he could get more money elsewhere but if he doesn’t want to uproot the family he will take it but if he wants to earn more then off you go.

All pure guesswork on my part so I could be well off. Also wouldn’t be surprised if Gardiner has given him wages to still be the highest paid player.

Edited by PB1994

19 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I don’t think Doran will be on as much as people imagine. It won’t be buttons but I reckon it would be an average wage for the championship.

He’s very settled up here, won’t be short of cash from previous contracts plus his partners family are pretty well off.

I’d like to think we offered him something where we know full well he could get more money elsewhere but if he doesn’t want to uproot the family he will take it but if he wants to earn more then off you go.

All pure guesswork on my part so I could be well off. Also wouldn’t be surprised if Gardiner has given him wages to still be the highest paid player.

Aye I know his Mrs has a salon/barbers in Aviemore as my exes pal used to work for her so they must be doing alright. 

I’d imagine he’s on a decent enough wage that Brora* haven’t tempted him quite full time football. 

*Other loaded highland league clubs are available 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Aye I know his Mrs has a salon/barbers in Aviemore as my exes pal used to work for her so they must be doing alright. 

I’d imagine he’s on a decent enough wage that Brora* haven’t tempted him quite full time football. 

*Other loaded highland league clubs are available 

Her father owns the only taxi company down there too so he will have made a mint from that.

That is a good point about the highland league though. Maybe he still thinks he’s better than that.

I don’t really know what would be classed as a good wage for the championship? 1k a week maybe? If he’s on any more than £600/£700 then he should be gone, if those figures are about right.

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'd rather we offered slightly less wages to two players who aren't going to be sat in the stand most of the season. 

It doesn't even have to be that much less. Doran and Welsh will be on good wages. 

Welsh maybe but I can't imagine Doran will be on much these days. A few hundred maybe? I guess you can argue that's still too much given how little we seem to see of him these days. I was very surprised when he was given a new contract. I suspect as soon as Welsh can find someone down in the central belt willing to offer him a decent deal he'll be off as well.

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Welsh maybe but I can't imagine Doran will be on much these days. A few hundred maybe? I guess you can argue that's still too much given how little we seem to see of him these days. I was very surprised when he was given a new contract. I suspect as soon as Welsh can find someone down in the central belt willing to offer him a decent deal he'll be off as well.

Welsh screams Spartans or Edinburgh City, given he's a gadgie.  As for Doran, as @Central Belt Caley says, you'd have to imagine his next club is Brora or Elgin.

We'll always be shopping in the bargain basement as long as we're in the Championship, and I know we can only attract 2 categories of player; sicknotes and young lads from England who don't have wives/families so don't mind upping sticks for a few years.  Ironically, a lot of them settle here and get married/start families (Draper, McKay, Doran, Tremarco, Carson off the top of my head, I'm certain there's more that I can't think of.)

That however, doesn't mean we need to keep offering 2 of our 3 sicknotes (the other being MacGregor) new deals all the time. Losses, and they are losses, need to be cut.

On 20/10/2023 at 12:40, Central Belt Caley said:

Surprised CTO is still going tbh, looks to have very little users. Had a wee look for some stats on how many minutes Doran’s actually played and found the below

9636CE4E-7675-4C58-8F71-52D3E8DC2951.thumb.jpeg.1db019168166de0c7158d8912d541aaf.jpeg
It’s from https://fbref.com/en/players/edb7a79f/Aaron-Doran so not sure how accurate it is. We’ve barely managed much use out of him and he doesn’t contribute much either. Unless he’s on buttons (he won’t be) he should’ve been out the door a while ago. 

I think this is league games (I could be wrong) but it's certainly a lot more games than I thought he had played in the last two seasons gone.
Although as has been mentioned his overall influence in games does seem to be a lot less.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Been told JET is away and won't be offered a deal and Ferguson is keen to work with Lodovica and improve him, so I am firmly #FergusonOut imo.

First the North of Scotland cup semi final defeat and now this 😠

Edited by Jaffa

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Been told JET is away and won't be offered a deal and Ferguson is keen to work with Lodovica and improve him, so I am firmly #FergusonOut imo.

If he was good enough I'm sure he'd have a club already.  I've faith in the manager on this decision.  F**k 'im!

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

If there's one thing that Ferguson should be able to do it's coach a targetman striker.

Sadly I feel Lodovica may be even beyond help here.

Yeah he's absolutely bum.