"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Now you're just making a fuckin total twat of yourself by posting a bunch of schoolboy emojis instead of explaining your original Sheridan post.

So to save yourself further embarrassment explain to us all why you are sure that Sheridan does not like playing football.

No idea why you're struggling with the idea that some people aren't massively keen on their job.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Was there not an Arsenal player, Emanuel Eboue maybe, who said that he hated football but he was extremely good at it so decided to make money out of it.

There is probably quite a lot of professionals who are the same.

Edited by PB1994

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Now you're just making a fuckin total twat of yourself by posting a bunch of schoolboy emojis instead of explaining your original Sheridan post.

So to save yourself further embarrassment explain to us all why you are sure that Sheridan does not like playing football.

Please point out where in my original post I said I was sure that Sheridan does not like playing football?

Thats why you are such a weirdo. I made an observation on my thoughts on Cillian Sheridan as a semi serious point and for some reason you appear to be having a mini meltdown over it. What is actually wrong with you?

Again I will ask you to quote my original post and show me where I said “I am sure that Cillian Sheridan does not like playing football”.

ETA - I’m amazed that you think it’s possibly that a professional footballer might (might, please don’t cry) not like playing football. I’m sure there have been numerous examples of players admitting they don’t really like the game. Ben White for Arsenal bring a recent one although I can’t remember his exact comments about it.

Edited by Sortmeout

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Was there not an Arsenal player, Emanuel Eboue maybe, who said that he hated football but he was extremely good at it so decided to make money out of it.

There is probably quite a lot of professionals who are the same.

The one that springs to mind for me is David Batty.

Had no particular interest in the game yet had a highly distinguished career.

The Blackburn Rovers title winner who didn't like football - the curious case of David Batty - LancsLive

11 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Weird?

What I find weird is that you posted that Sheridan doesn't like playing football but you admit that he plays professionally.

Carlos Tevez hates football. Benoit Assou Ekotto hates football. Ben White hates football.

They played it because they found they were very good at it and it could give them a life changing amount of money from it. Ben White still does.

Suggesting people make a living doing something they don't enjoy doing isn't weird at all.

Edited by Derry Alli
I really should read the latest pages before responding.

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Carlos Tevez hates football. Benoit Assou Ekotto hates football. Ben White hates football.

They played it because they found they were very good at it and it could give them a life changing amount of money from it. Ben White still does.

Suggesting people make a living doing something they don't enjoy doing isn't weird at all.

That’s the guy I was thinking of!

Some good results for us tonight. Bad that we're relying on other teams already but ourselves and Arbroath don't seem to have as many fixtures as other sides in the league at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Some good results for us tonight. Bad that we're relying on other teams already but ourselves and Arbroath don't seem to have as many fixtures as other sides in the league at the moment. 

Still early-ish in the season but if we put another 2 or 3 wins together in the next 6 games or so I don’t think we’ll have a lot to worry about going forward. Only 5 points separates 4th-10th and 3 of those teams have played 2 games more than us. 

Saturday will be a good test against the best team in the league 

On 31/10/2023 at 09:18, Rcfc fan said:

Don’t pretend you wouldn’t take Jordan White back in a heartbeat

As long as he doesn’t bring Gregor or whatever his old man is using as an alias these days…

Fair play to big Jordan, a nice guy who has managed to carve out a career as a professional footballer with virtually no talent whatsoever. I imagine he was the biggest guy in his school team.

Dearie me! all these years of watching football thinking that players were playing through shit wages and conditions due to the love of the sport but now according to keen reliably informed posts that was never the case for a lot of them, makes me wonder why fans knowing that followed the game sitting through freezing January Saturdays?

I live and learn and thank goodness some fans are so knowledgeable.

20 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dearie me! all these years of watching football thinking that players were playing through shit wages and conditions due to the love of the sport but now according to keen reliably informed posts that was never the case for a lot of them, makes me wonder why fans knowing that followed the game sitting through freezing January Saturdays?

Apology accepted.

It’s not even just at the top level either.

Adam Barton who played for PTFC & DUFC at this level openly admitted not liking football. And he was hardly on a life-changing wage.

He also played like a guy who clearly didn’t give a shit, but that’s another issue entirely.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

It’s not even just at the top level either.

Adam Barton who played for PTFC & DUFC at this level openly admitted not liking football. And he was hardly on a life-changing wage.

He also played like a guy who clearly didn’t give a shit, but that’s another issue entirely.

To be added to a future thread on lazy footballers.

On 31/10/2023 at 09:07, bdu98196 said:

Reminds me of a lot of traits we saw in Jordan White.

There are similarities but White was nowhere near as bad as Lodovica. At least White can score at this level & in the top flight, I would be surprised if Lodovica scores more then 5 goals this season let alone 16 or even 10. 

On 02/11/2023 at 16:21, SandyCromarty said:

Have you ever been normal on this site?