• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

8 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Is Lewis Nicolson injured?

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Aye he is, pretty bad one against Airdrie in the league cup I think it was 

He's out for the season.  Dislocated his knee and some ligament damage.  It looked a nasty one at the time.  Was speaking to him a few weeks back.

4 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Haven't really seen much of the young ones since Dunc took charge.

95% of them are out on loan and I don't think he trusts the likes of Hyde and Brooks.  

Edit - We're still in survival mode at the moment to due to the mess Dodds left us in.  We need the experienced players playing for as much of the game as possible, I don't think giving the youths game time at this stage would be a wise move.

Edited by TheScarf

Hyde hasn’t played for us since August and my mental health thanks big Dunc for this 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Edit - We're still in survival mode at the moment to due to the mess Dodds left us in.  We need the experienced players playing for as much of the game as possible, I don't think giving the youths game time at this stage would be a wise move.

Totally agree, when Dunc came in we were bottom by a few points, now we’re 5 points off the bottom(and only looking up). Getting complacent and lumping diddies like Hyde in midfield would be counter productive and most likely draw us back down the table. 

Seems a long time ago that we were looking at Keith Bray as one of our main attacking threats.  I think it will be good for him, being thrust into a shite team isn't great for a young player.  It seemed a bit desperate at the time.

Sadly, reading about us making a "strong" offer to Wotherspoon makes me fear he's away. 

On 10/12/2023 at 11:35, Ott said:

Very good Sunday roast at MacGregors and an open music session in there later afternoon. Can lead to a very late Sunday evening though!
Malt rooms is great for some top whiskies - tucked into the Victorian market. Some good food things in there as well but can be a bit cold.

MacGregors was indeed excellent and yes the Victorian market was too chilly for Mrs Boo. Appreciate all the suggestions chaps👍

Any news on when Carson, or Duffy, or any footballer in our system that can play RB, will be available? Quite possibly the worst performance I’ve seen in a The Caley shirt from Davidson last night. 

Evidently not his fault, he’s short of game time and clearly Highland League level at best, but he simply cannot play again. 

Big Ujdur was shocking, looked all over the place and couldn’t cope with any pressure. Thought Longstaff and Gilmour were poor. 

Can’t believe how negative we were last night, all the messing around at the back cost us big time. 

18 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Any news on when Carson, or Duffy, or any footballer in our system that can play RB, will be available? Quite possibly the worst performance I’ve seen in a The Caley shirt from Davidson last night. 

Evidently not his fault, he’s short of game time and clearly Highland League level at best, but he simply cannot play again. 

Big Ujdur was shocking, looked all over the place and couldn’t cope with any pressure. Thought Longstaff and Gilmour were poor. 

Can’t believe how negative we were last night, all the messing around at the back cost us big time. 

I believe Carson’s partner just had a baby and it’s possible he’s been given extra time off for that. I’ve been too harsh on Duffy now after watching Davidson last night, reckon I’d have Seedorf in over him. 

I feel resting Shaw last night was one of the reasons we struggled so badly. He’s probably one of our best players we could’ve used to beat the Morton press. Didn’t like Longstaff in there. 

Was wondering after the match how much of an effect Dunc not being on the sideline affected the game. 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6291859/caley-thistle-transfer-search-on-as-duncan-ferguson-eyes-trialists/

The Highlanders will also be without right-backs David Carson and Wallace Duffy, therefore Jake Davidson should expect to start again, while forward Harry Lodovica is in a fitness race to make it.

Is tomorrow the day where it all clicks and Davidson looks like a footballer? Probably not but one can hope

Interesting to hear we’ve already had some trialists in and there’s more coming in too 

On 12/12/2023 at 10:42, Central Belt Caley said:

Hyde hasn’t played for us since August and my mental health thanks big Dunc for this 

Totally agree, when Dunc came in we were bottom by a few points, now we’re 5 points off the bottom(and only looking up). Getting complacent and lumping diddies like Hyde in midfield would be counter productive and most likely draw us back down the table. 

Is Lewis Hyde shite?  I was working with him today and he’s an absolutely lovely fella.  

On that note, if Lewis Nicholson is the guy who has had surgery on both knees then I’m absolutely rooting for that young man.  A thoroughly decent bloke and a credit to his club.