"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

To give this relocation some context in terms of distance and travel time, it's the same as Rovers or Dunfermline moving their training base to Newcastle and justifying it by saying it'll help them attract players based in the north east of England.

I mean going by ICT's manager, the players he's brought in, and their CEO, maybe best you delete that before Inverness read it and decide its a sensible idea?

Edited by ExiledLichtie

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

11 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I mean going by your manager, the players he's brought in, and your CEO, maybe best you delete that before your club read it and decide its a sensible idea?

Not my club's manager and CEO thankfully.

3 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

The decision to pick Kelty is wild for several reasons, Kelty are your direct league rival next season, it's also a bit of a hassle to get to, it's a bit away from the Motorway. It's also an astroturf surface, which your manager has been on public record lambasting. If ICT picked some place near Perth, I think that would be much more palatable to everyone involved.

Unless they have moved the ground location in the last couple of months since I was there, which seems unlikely(!) the ground is about 1 minute’s drive from the Kelty junction of the M90. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

To give this relocation some context in terms of distance and travel time, it's the same as Rovers or Dunfermline moving their training base to Newcastle and justifying it by saying it'll help them attract players based in the north east of England.

giphy.gif

57 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Unless they have moved the ground location in the last couple of months since I was there, which seems unlikely(!) the ground is about 1 minute’s drive from the Kelty junction of the M90. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I normally put my foot down about there.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Inverness CT can't even remotely afford to sit in League One for 2-3 seasons under their current 'business model'. Either this desperate gamble pays off in Year 1 and their battery scheme stabilises their setup, or there'll have to be a reckoning with reality before any sane reset takes place.

When even Queen of the South are still holding onto the delusion of full-time Championship status you know that the groupthink remains as strong as ever. Just show more ambishun, throw more money at players, climb the table and all problems are magically solved. 

You're right, but I wouldn’t have thought going with a squad filled with young players from the youth team, supplemented by a few older heads that are settled in Inverness was their current business model. I really have no idea of what that model is though.

Your point about a desperate gamble looks spot on. Bit of a rhetorical question but what's the plan if they get back up at the first time of asking though? These central belt players they're about to sign aren't all of a sudden going to relocate. So this move doesn't seem to be a short term thing.

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Well, Newcastle did investigate moving theirs to London at one point.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was thinking about that. I don't  believe the cost of training in Inverness is more than the costs to relocate in Kelty. It must be primarily,   about recruitment and retention of players. 

I know that has been a difficulty, but is Kelty an easier sell?

They aren't selling Kelty as such. They are selling anywhere within the Central Belt that is a reasonable commute to Kelty - for many in the pool of players they will now be fishing in, that would mean staying put rather than definite relocation.

Have to say Caley maybe didn’t win much during the season, but they are winning the post season 

The more I think about IT the more ridiculous it becomes, the only reason they've given for the move is to attract central belt players.

It's League 1 for fecksake, there must loads of world class players in the central belt desperate to play in League 1.

You can't tell me there are no players up here good enough for League 1 that you have to move to Kelty.

It's all one big fuckin joke so that Gardiner can feck with the support again.

And it will all backfire on him and the club when the Caley play a home game in front of a few hundred.

4 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

EEP > Inverness is effectively no different than Kelty > Inverness 

1 minute ago, par-adise said:

EEP > Inverness is effectively no different than Kelty > Inverness 

Apart from the fact Gardiner won't get his big, daft hied under the bridge on Halbeath Road