3 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
9 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:
Let me guess, "The Celtic Blog" has come out with some sort of conspiracy? 
I'm a Celtic fan and I find that guy to be completely cringey.
As for a move to Aston Villa, this would be a good move for McGinn.  Looking at Villa's midfielders he should easily be able to make it in to their starting XI.  He's certainly better than Glen Whelan, Henri Lansbury, et al.

Apparently Hibs are not going to sell him to Celtic for reasons. Those reasons are unspecified but Hibs wanting and getting a higher fee appears to mean we're now on the enemy list. Boy's a slavering p***k in other words.

Pretty much everything is an Anti-Celtic conspiracy with him, I guess every club has a certain number of nutbars in the support.  Next up will be a missive about the Daily Record or SMSM having an anti-Celtic agenda for reporting that McGinn is having a medical with Aston Villa and how it's all a cunning plan to discredit Celtic.

In saying all of this, Celtic should match Villa`s offer for him.

17 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
23 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:
Let me guess, "The Celtic Blog" has come out with some sort of conspiracy? 
I'm a Celtic fan and I find that guy to be completely cringey.
As for a move to Aston Villa, this would be a good move for McGinn.  Looking at Villa's midfielders he should easily be able to make it in to their starting XI.  He's certainly better than Glen Whelan, Henri Lansbury, et al.

Apparently Hibs are not going to sell him to Celtic for reasons. Those reasons are unspecified but Hibs wanting and getting a higher fee appears to mean we're now on the enemy list. Boy's a slavering p***k in other words.

In fairness all we have to do is say we don't want to sell to a league rival, we have a 4 million offer from Villa and Celtic won't be topping that, tight c***s.

3 hours ago, Lofarl said:

People are trying to figure out if that’s Easter Road reflected.

If you look at that blue hair behind the grassy knoll.  I’m pretty sure that’s Brandon.

111715F7-7AED-41D0-ACE5-E12CE6C05645.jpeg

483F1D04-D77B-42BB-AD48-30601F6A5407.jpeg

99B99ADA-9946-4FCC-915C-534CF31B7DB7.png

Nah, its an ex council hoose in Clermiston, obviously................

3 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Magennis is a cracking player and as a Buddie we know something about good midfielders. However he has just extended his contract until 2021 as Jack Ross was supposedly sniffing about so we would be looking for a fair wedge for him. 

Maybe if you're lucky Hibs will up the 10% McGinn sell on to something like 33% and Magennis will be on his way.

Aston Villa is a far better option than a yo yo club currently in the EPL or a basket case club like West Ham.

They have new backers and a proven manager  and should Grealish go he could be their main midfielder.

If hes definitely going Im slightly disappointed we didnt get him but given the fee his going for and we need to strengthen elsewhere I can understand why we didnt offer more.

It's obvious McGinn will have a special place for Celtic and hope to play for them one day but looking at it purely as a career move as he has to he must be pretty insulted that, as a player Rodgers says he wants, they rate him at about 1/4 of the price of Stuart Armstrong who they allowed to go to Southampton for SEVEN million.
Boyhood team or not when someone treats you like that you have to think 'screw you, I'll be here getting better and better and if you want me then you can pay Villa the crazy English League fee of something like 10-12 million in a few years."

He's clearly a player that would flourish at Celtic here and if they start to falter in their efforts to add the 4 more titles they so desperately want this kind of penny pinching when they have huge excess of funds available from Champions League and inflated sales, mainly to Southampton, will come back to haunt them.

Good luck down south to a great player who's only getting better.

18 minutes ago, BigBadSaint said:

It's obvious McGinn will have a special place for Celtic and hope to play for them one day but looking at it purely as a career move as he has to he must be pretty insulted that, as a player Rodgers says he wants, they rate him at about 1/4 of the price of Stuart Armstrong who they allowed to go to Southampton for SEVEN million.
Boyhood team or not when someone treats you like that you have to think 'screw you, I'll be here getting better and better and if you want me then you can pay Villa the crazy English League fee of something like 10-12 million in a few years."

He's clearly a player that would flourish at Celtic here and if they start to falter in their efforts to add the 4 more titles they so desperately want this kind of penny pinching when they have huge excess of funds available from Champions League and inflated sales, mainly to Southampton, will come back to haunt them.

Good luck down south to a great player who's only getting better.

He'll already be worth 10-12 million. His perceived value will have tripled over night.

9 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

What do you lads think the chances of Scott Martin being loaned out again are?

High. Might even get punted.

He never even got a chance v Runavik, e.g. in the first game when McGinn was out, Mallan was just in the door and Whittaker was played in midfield.