10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

He didnt miss the point, he is the P&B golf club bore and must have the last word......even though you are 100% right.

I think he posts more about us than he does his own team.

Can’t confirm because I don’t look at their thread as I am not obsessed or remotely arsed.

Is all well at ER?

Wonder if your rich foreign owners/ investors really have Hibs' best interests at heart. Accounts showing a loss too apparently.

While this is of great amusement to us, I do wonder why TF Hibs' fans don't get their arses in gear and buy their own club? Sure, it's not a magic wand but it's surely better being run by your own community than being a rich man's plaything?

IMG_5835.thumb.jpeg.134177c2727adb50a23c

Hibs fans had plenty chance to get involved with HSL but too many were swayed by the idiots calling it a Ponzi scheme. There was no massive uptake despite there being plenty time before Ron Gordon arrived on the scene and the chance is now long gone. Things turning really bad is the only chance for it to happen now.

The losses are horrific in the latest accounts. Hopefully the Gordon’s aren’t interested in getting their money back anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Is all well at ER?

Wonder if your rich foreign owners/ investors really have Hibs' best interests at heart. Accounts showing a loss too apparently.

While this is of great amusement to us, I do wonder why TF Hibs' fans don't get their arses in gear and buy their own club? Sure, it's not a magic wand but it's surely better being run by your own community than being a rich man's plaything?

IMG_5835.thumb.jpeg.134177c2727adb50a23c

Hibs fans are well known for their trusting and positive mindset. Petrie, Farmer, Ron Gordon, Mercer and Waugh have all 'ripped the soul of out of our club' according to Hibee hard of thinking society. It seems to keep growing back.  

21 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Hibs fans had plenty chance to get involved with HSL but too many were swayed by the idiots calling it a Ponzi scheme. There was no massive uptake despite there being plenty time before Ron Gordon arrived on the scene and the chance is now long gone. Things turning really bad is the only chance for it to happen now.

The losses are horrific in the latest accounts. Hopefully the Gordon’s aren’t interested in getting their money back anytime soon. 

The losses aren't horrific, The Gordons are converting their debt to equity at the AGM and we're profitable again this year (to Dec 2023) BEFORE the Foley money and we're back down to 65% TtW Ratio. 

Basically we decided to 'loosen the purse strings' and 'push the boat out' and 'break the bank' to achieve third, just like the halfwit supporters on X (formerly twitter) implore us to do every year. It failed.  

Now we've done something to fix it. And quite frankly, increasing turnover by half a mil in a season where we went out of both cups at the first time of asking and didn't have European income isn't impressive, it's a minor ******* miracle.  

Edited by Tommy Tappin

11 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Hibs fans are well known for their trusting and positive mindset. Petrie, Farmer, Ron Gordon, Mercer and Waugh have all 'ripped the soul of out of our club' according to Hibee hard of thinking society. It seems to keep growing back.  

The losses aren't horrific, The Gordons are converting their debt to equity at the AGM and we're profitable again this year (to Dec 2023) BEFORE the Foley money and we're back down to 65% TtW Ratio. 

Basically we decided to 'loosen the purse strings' and 'push the boat out' and 'break the bank' to achieve third, just like the halfwit supporters on X (formerly twitter) implore us to do every year. It failed.  

Now we've done something to fix it. And quite frankly, increasing turnover by half a mil in a season where we went out of both cups at the first time of asking and didn't have European income isn't impressive, it's a minor ******* miracle.  

I had no clue about this bit, wasn't covered in any of the media coverage I’ve seen today. 

Record reporting it as bad but mitigated by player sales.

Hibs' fans should take control.

Hibs have posted a loss of just short of £4million despite club turnover of £12.4m and a £3.2m profit in player sales.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-announce-39m-loss-massive-32058691?fbclid=IwAR0eRUYVLhex3mzx5CHqANp0z7QEKab4Ts26PIHka67Y52sgX2-tDKYscRk

1 hour ago, Tommy Tappin said:

All sounds very Romanov esque... 

6 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

It's too late, basically.

They just need to cross their fingers and hope the Gordons and/of Foley don't shaft them.

Ouch!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68217871

Hibernian have announced a £3.9m loss for the year up to 30 June 2023, despite making a gain of £3.2m in transfer fees.

Turnover at Easter Road rose slightly to £12.4m but staff costs account for just over £10m and the wage to turnover ratio has increased by 10% to to 81%.

The Edinburgh club say the figures "fall short of our goals".

However, they go on to predict "record-breaking revenue" for the following 12-month period.

Loans from club owners, the Gordon family, now total £5m, paid from their Bydand Sports company, and will be converted into equity at the club's annual general meeting later this month.

That last para... What could go wrong?

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not sure what the issue is if the owner is effectively writing off the debt?

Who's to say?

The owners are only there as the now-deceased Ron bought the club. Who knows what their intentions are, given they have hee haw in terms of real attachment to the club. Nobody can hand-on-heart say they believe the Gordons are going to put the future of Hibs as the number one priority here. And they've just accepted a minority shareholder who explicitly does not have Hibs as even his footballing priority. It's quite easy to see how things could go wrong from here.

It's not an enviable situation.

Edited by VincentGuerin

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Who's to say?

The owners are only there as the now-deceased Ron bought the club. Who knows what their intentions are, given they have hee haw in terms of real attachment to the club. Nobody can hand-on-heart say they believe the Gordons are going to put the future of Hibs as the number one priority here. And they've just accepted a minority shareholder who explicitly does not have Hibs as even his footballing priority. It's quite easy to see how things could go wrong from here.

It's not an enviable situation.

I would disagree in the specifics of writing off the debt at least. Owners especially down south in the past are happy to rack up debt against a club then they usually use more physical assets like the stadium to wipe it off and are then hamstrung with renting it off the owner (or some dodgy shell company of his/hers) with no way of changing it. At least if they are looking to get out they don't seem to looking to leave a bad legacy.

Edited by gannonball

Again fairly straightforward stuff.

The Gordons bought to sell. Ron said that at the start. He saw it as a 10 year project. We're 5 years in. He didn't factor in Covid though. I don't know if that changes the Gordon family timeframe or not. 

We are definitely in the hands of the Gordon family/Foley. Every club are in the hands of their owners obviously. 

Is it Romanov-esque? Could be, but we lack the magic sticks, the fax machine, the stiffing creditors, sinking local businesses and no actual money of that comparison. 

The bottom line is, we spent money in the hunt for third. It was money we had in the bank. We spent it badly, we got the consequences. 

Now we'll spend someone else's money in an attempt to do the same. Will it fail again? Might do, but its STILL better than the status quo. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

I had no clue about this bit, wasn't covered in any of the media coverage I’ve seen today. 

It was in the letter to shareholders about the AGM, Zing. 

23 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Again fairly straightforward stuff.

The Gordons bought to sell. Ron said that at the start. He saw it as a 10 year project. We're 5 years in. He didn't factor in Covid though. I don't know if that changes the Gordon family timeframe or not. 

We are definitely in the hands of the Gordon family/Foley. Every club are in the hands of their owners obviously. 

Is it Romanov-esque? Could be, but we lack the magic sticks, the fax machine, the stiffing creditors, sinking local businesses and no actual money of that comparison. 

The bottom line is, we spent money in the hunt for third. It was money we had in the bank. We spent it badly, we got the consequences. 

Now we'll spend someone else's money in an attempt to do the same. Will it fail again? Might do, but its STILL better than the status quo. 

It was in the letter to shareholders about the AGM, Zing. 

The club is worth way more than when Ron bought us. Infrastructure has been upgraded substantially and new revenue streams have been opened.

It's not remotely Romanov-esque. There are way too many checks and balances at Hibs for us to lose it spectacularly like that.

What I would question is the sensibility of chasing third place aka The Baldman's Comb , in the manner we did. Going forward I do want to see is Foley's team having more of a say on player recruitment, if not directing it. 

2 minutes ago, AndyM said:

The club is worth way more than when Ron bought us. Infrastructure has been upgraded substantially and new revenue streams have been opened.

It's not remotely Romanov-esque. There are way too many checks and balances at Hibs for us to lose it spectacularly like that.

What I would question is the sensibility of chasing third place aka The Baldman's Comb , in the manner we did. Going forward I do want to see is Foley's team having more of a say on player recruitment, if not directing it. 

And yet our compatriots scream at the club for not 'pushing the boat out' or 'breaking the bank' accusing the board of showing no ambition.

So we do (nearly) break the bank and show plenty of ambition; build the top line, record a loss and the hoards only increase in ignorance and criticism towards the ownership.

Try to debate them and you become an 'Kensel loving apologist'. Hibees fair boil ma piss.  

Would a debt for equity swap not dilute the HSL shares further? Genuine question. If so, surely that's out of order given why people contributed their hard earned to it in the first place.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Would a debt for equity swap not dilute the HSL shares further? Genuine question. If so, surely that's out of order given why people contributed their hard earned to it in the first place.

That's the big question. I suspect it will but I don't know. HSL had plenty of chance to do something about it though when Farmer offered the opportunity.