I’m struggling to see how that’s offside tbh from what I’ve seen but it’s impossible to tell with only one VAR camera. Even conmebol where fans are kicking f**k out of each other and being shot by police can do this properly. Took about 20 seconds for them to check Boca goal and call it and it was equally tight. 

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

This narrative Hibs were amazing today is weird.

We had more shots on target and more possession.  Plus ... an actual goal.

Hibs pissing about passing it around the back means f**k all

Boyle was offside too. His shameful faking an injury in the second half was embarassing too ...

Thought both teams were pretty average, however Hibs were definitely in the ascendancy up until the red card. They were breaking on Aberdeen time and time again and your midfield seemed to disappear for a large chunk of the 2nd half. They obviously lacked a cutting 3dge but 100% looked the more likely team to score.

Red card seemed to help Aberdeen though, helped them focus, scored a good goal on the counter and once that was in it was done. You shut up shop, looked solid and Hibs could've played til Tuesday and not scored.

1 hour ago, Judy Murray said:

I’m struggling to see how that’s offside tbh from what I’ve seen but it’s impossible to tell with only one VAR camera. Even conmebol where fans are kicking f**k out of each other and being shot by police can do this properly. Took about 20 seconds for them to check Boca goal and call it and it was equally tight. 

It doesn't really matter how long it takes to come to the correct decision. 

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Pipe down, you'll get pumped by Sevco in the final, as usual.

Couple of points to note. Aberdeen have never played Sevco in the final. And the last two finals between Rangers and Aberdeen  have resulted in one win each. So not quite "as usual".

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It doesn't really matter how long it takes to come to the correct decision. 

One camera isn’t enough as evidenced by the time it took them to come to a decision was my point. It’s a half arsed implementation of a controversial system.

1 minute ago, Judy Murray said:

One camera isn’t enough as evidenced by the time it took them to come to a decision was my point. It’s a half arsed implementation of a controversial system.

Still, from our end it was extremely funny the energy that was expended by both the team, and in particular the fans, for a goal that never was.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

That wasn't right, whereas today's was right.

I would argue it wasn't.  Neither was our penalty shout that was more of a penalty than the one you guys got after another 20minute var check last season when Duk dived. 

6 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Is it not meant to be clear and obvious?  

14 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Another numpty who doesn’t understand VAR & the laws of football. 

Offsides is a factual & non-subjective matter, and “clear & obvious” doesn’t apply to it 

Dearie me. 

It was a question

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Still, from our end it was extremely funny the energy that was expended by both the team, and in particular the fans, for a goal that never was.

To be serious for just a moment here, this kind of thing is why I was against VAR from the beginning. A big moment the officials were happy with like that overturned for something that, even having seen it replayed and stilled, I still don't know if it was on or off. And, given experience, I do not have 100% confidence that the VAR will get it right.

Is that the fitba we want? I don't think so.

But, in this instance, it was very, very funny.