I assume the Hibs fans that are going nuts about the penalty have only seen one angle?

Vente has booted it out the park, there's no contact and then he has tried to drag his leg across him as the goalie pulls his hand away. Never, ever a penalty.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Couple of points to note. Aberdeen have never played Sevco in the final. And the last two finals between Rangers and Aberdeen  have resulted in one win each. So not quite "as usual".

I assume the first sentence means league cup and the second Scottish cups?

Or is this a Rangers/Sevco joke that is clearly too subtle for me?

21 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I assume the Hibs fans that are going nuts about the penalty have only seen one angle?

Vente has booted it out the park, there's no contact and then he has tried to drag his leg across him as the goalie pulls his hand away. Never, ever a penalty.

Yep, thats how I saw it at the game.

Also, I was pretty much in line with the Boyle one and thought it was tight but offside.

We were the better team on the day, but went far too gung ho when Aberdeen had a man sent off - naive defending that left us ridiculously exposed to a very good break and finish by Miovski.

A good day out spoiled by the fitba.

7 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I would argue it wasn't.  Neither was our penalty shout that was more of a penalty than the one you guys got after another 20minute var check last season when Duk dived. 

Of course you would argue that it wasn't. It's what we all do.

40 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

One of many dives from Hibs throughout the game, I think the ones complaining are just sour and clutching at straws.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

One of many dives from Hibs throughout the game, I think the ones complaining are just sour and clutching at straws.

Tbf we've all been there. Big game, some calls you feel went against you and you're raging. Probably be us at 4.45 today.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

To be serious for just a moment here, this kind of thing is why I was against VAR from the beginning. A big moment the officials were happy with like that overturned for something that, even having seen it replayed and stilled, I still don't know if it was on or off. And, given experience, I do not have 100% confidence that the VAR will get it right.

Is that the fitba we want? I don't think so.

But, in this instance, it was very, very funny.

100% behind on VAR being an abomination, but in this case very, very, very funny. No doubt at some point it will come back and bite us on the arse.

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The lad Miller at RB.

Built like a tank.

With collapsible legs. 
Cost Hibs the goal.   
Karma. 

Already said that in the match thread that's where my anger would be directed, blatant attempt at cheating that bit him on the arse.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

This backs you up. The bottom one of the two. 

Zero contact 

Dive. 

Another one. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

52 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Lewis Miller trying his best Ryan Porteous impression for the goal sold the game for us. Totally idiotic. We never looked like scoring after the red card/goal.

Maybe I’m being too critical of Marshall, but I didn’t think his positioning was great when Miovski was bearing down on goal. He was too near his front post and made it easy for Miovski to slot it in the other side. 

14 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Maybe I’m being too critical of Marshall, but I didn’t think his positioning was great when Miovski was bearing down on goal. He was too near his front post and made it easy for Miovski to slot it in the other side. 

I agree. Left him so much space. After letting Lee Johnson sign about 400 players we are still in dire need of signing more, what a mess.

5 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Or is this a Rangers/Sevco joke that is clearly too subtle for me?

Glasgow Rangers 1872-2012

Sevco 2012-

That's not a joke, it's a fact.

It amazes me how many fans from other clubs, including my own, persist with the myth that Glasgow Rangers didn't die in 2012 by calling the new entity, 'Rangers'.