Just now, Leith Green said:

Agreed - its more your 14 posts (and rising) in the last 60 minutes on the this thread 

We're having a discussion. You need to post to do that.

I suppose my overall question would be why do you think Hibs are being picked up here? To what end?

If you think it is the advancement of Hibs, I'd say that's naive.

There are lots of circumstances where it's very easy to see Hibs being messed around. Lorient have a centre-half that PSG want to buy for £20m. They free him to Bournemouth who sell to PSG, banking the £20m. Now Lorient need a centre-half, so they get the best one Hibs have. No fee, obviously. Hibs get a young lad needing games from Bournemouth's academy to replace him. Maybe he's good. Even if he's shite, he'll be getting plenty of game time. That's the deal.

This is the reality of these situations. This is what you're signing up for. There is no other reason for these tie-ups to exist. You're there to provide a place for players to play as it suits Bournemouth. The dangers are so blatantly obvious.

You always have to ask the question Why? Why are Bournemouth keen?

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

We're having a discussion. You need to post to do that.

I suppose my overall question would be why do you think Hibs are being picked up here? To what end?

If you think it is the advancement of Hibs, I'd say that's naive.

There are lots of circumstances where it's very easy to see Hibs being messed around. Lorient have a centre-half that PSG want to buy for £20m. They free him to Bournemouth who sell to PSG, banking the £20m. Now Lorient need a centre-half, so they get the best one Hibs have. No fee, obviously. Hibs get a young lad needing games from Bournemouth's academy to replace him. Maybe he's good. Even if he's shite, he'll be getting plenty of game time. That's the deal.

This is the reality of these situations. This is what you're signing up for. There is no other reason for these tie-ups to exist. You're there to provide a place for players to play as it suits Bournemouth. The dangers are so blatantly obvious.

You always have to ask the question Why? Why are Bournemouth keen?

The scenario you are painting reminds me of that documentary about Rover and BMW. The Rover CEO going about telling everyone how this partnership was going to be the best thing to ever happen to Rover. Need to see how it all unfolds I suppose, but I share your distaste for it and would hate to see it happen to Hearts.

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The scenario you are painting reminds me of that documentary about Rover and BMW. The Rover CEO going about telling everyone how this partnership was going to be the best thing to ever happen to Rover. Need to see how it all unfolds I suppose, but I share your distaste for it and would hate to see it happen to Hearts.

A Jambo making a Rover reference. 👏

Guest DannyBlue
2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

2) Our league's status: Imagine a Hibs side up challenging at the top of the league having its best player taken off it for f**k all to serve the needs of fucking Bournemouth? Forget about the finances, think of the humiliation. Title race over, ambitions thwarted, firmly put in your fucking place. Nobody cares about our league. Nobody is making big money from a club in our league. You exist to serve. It's utterly humiliating, and, all joking aside, beneath Hibs. I'd feel the same about Hearts or Aberdeen getting involved.

I like that in your worst-case scenario doomsday situation, our title challenge would last longer than it does currently.

8 minutes ago, Tam Carsons Neck said:

Quick question Hibees.Was on the verge of booking train tickets from Dundee for the game at Easter Road on Feb 24th but noticed that it's Scotland v England at Murrayfield that day.Do Hibs games ever get moved to the Sunday because of the rugby?

Nah not really. I doubt it'll change. The rugby might even be a 5pm k.o.

Watch your drink on the train though incase some egg chasing deviant sticks his cock in it.

Got to laugh at the Hearts boys objections to this happening. The 'it will be bad for Hibs'  take is risible and barely conceals the absolute fear that they have not been chosen for the Yankee Dollar. Fan ownership has got you Naismith and that's about the standard you can expect for years to come.

7 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

I'm just perplexed that the Hearts boys seem to have intimate knowledge of the exact details of this potential agreement.

There are plenty of examples of how these things work. You'd need to be full Head in the Sand to not see that.

As I mentioned earlier, my main objection would be the fundamental erosion of identity. You're not Hibs for the sake of Hibs anymore. You're Hibs for the betterment of Bournemouth. There's no other reason for this deal to exist.

That doesn't take intimate knowledge of the deal to grasp. And were it Hearts involved, it's the point you'd all be arguing.

Edited by VincentGuerin

I’m a bit bewildered by this news but not in the least bit surprised.
I guess Hibs fans see financial investment as great news.

To me it just sums up how powerful these rich cnuts are buying up or into many fitba clubs like the wee rich kid at school used to do with the Panini stickers. 

Back in the ‘80s I worked with the only Bournemouth fan I’ve ever met.

IIRC they have been in administration twice and never ever won a domestic honour. But now they can easily buy better players than our CL qualifiers. 

Perhaps I’m an auld bugger who prefers to remember the standards of players that Scottish clubs used to produce.
Now a diddy club owner from a seaside town is going to invest into one of our major city clubs with a proud history. 

Fcuk these cnuts. Money and the rich have killed the sport I grew up enjoying.

IMG_5581.thumb.jpeg.bee25ef4c761a7860196c1d18f621d66.jpeg

Edited by Molotov