23 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Tony's team have had two managers in four years.

They've sacked five managers in as many years and two in this season alone. 🤡

Hence the apt summary of the club history on a popular website: 

2020s: Managerial turnover

5 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

and has since been remorseful about.

Has he?

His only apology after was more a "sorry I got caught and it offended you" comment, then he just refused to ever discuss it again.

He'll be doing the exact same things just now but hiding it better.

I sense a lack of faith in the restorative powers of the SFA's Diversity and Equality training here.

8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Genuinely bizarre appointment.  After the disaster of Montgomery,  to go and make an appointment that would be as divisive as that on the same day as NM's sacking just smacks of people running the club that can't read the room.

Outside of him being an abhorrent human being, he's not done anything to deserve the job of running the football side of a club the size of Hibs. Certainly not done anything that makes him a standout and worth the blowback the appointment would cause.

Aye.

Imagine chucking your morals in the bin, and respect others have for you, just to white knight Malky Mackay.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has he?

His only apology after was more a "sorry I got caught and it offended you" comment, then he just refused to ever discuss it again.

He'll be doing the exact same things just now but hiding it better.

What is there to be "discussed"? He said what he said, then apologised and said there's no excuse for it. What more do you want him to say?

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Joking aside it really is disappointing that Hibs have given him a job.

It is. He wouldn't have been my choice at all.  He's too controversial and too problematic.

However that aside, he apparently did do some very good work at the SFA doing a technical role which is probably what go him in the door at Hibs. But as I say I would not have appointed him.

Edited by AndyM

4 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

What is there to be "discussed"? He said what he said, then apologised and said there's no excuse for it. What more do you want him to say?

An element of contrition would help.  He didn’t apologise.  He apologised for any hurt feelings, which is essentially victim blaming.  He refuses to accept he was wrong.  

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

An element of contrition would help.  He didn’t apologise.  He apologised for any hurt feelings, which is essentially victim blaming.  He refuses to accept he was wrong.  

No. He apologised for sending the texts and for the offence they caused.

If you think the guy's an arsehole thats fair enough but no need to tell lies.

image.png.c2f5d395d3aef116ae7400cb9ef39c0e.png

12 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Exactly,  The woke brigade want him cancelled thou and never to be allowed to work in football again. People f**k up doesn't mean their life should be ruined by it. The sanctimonious I wont be back brigade really need to grow up

3 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

No. He apologised for sending the texts and for the offence they caused.

If you think the guy's an arsehole thats fair enough but no need to tell lies.

image.png.c2f5d395d3aef116ae7400cb9ef39c0e.png

Thats not enough thou he needs to be cancelled and never to be allowed to work again.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

He's already managed three different clubs 'the size of Hibs' before so that at least is a really unconvincing argument tbh. 

Not to mention the parade of absolute jobbers you hand the manager's job to on a monthly basis right now. 

I'm a Hearts fan.

But my point is yes he's had big roles, but since the controversy he's not done anything in Scotland to deserve a jump from the sack at Ross County to running Hibs football department.  

If he was something special I'd understand the gamble more. As it stands he's not and it's a needlessly divisive appointment. 

I’ve always felt a little uncomfortable with the idea of being judge, jury and executioner if someone over some private texts from 10 years past. The guy may well be a c**t but I couldn’t and wouldn’t pretend to know. 

Saying that, it seems really daft/naive from the hibs board. They must have seen the backlash coming so they’ve obviously judged he’s bringing something to the table that is worth it, I’d be interested to know what that is. 

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Saying that, it seems really daft/naive from the hibs board. They must have seen the backlash coming so they’ve obviously judged he’s bringing something to the table that is worth it, I’d be interested to know what that is. 

So would I. I don't pretend to know anything about what he is bringing to the table and I would not have appointed him. But it's a hell of a hill the Hibs Board have picked to die on. However they are being helped that some of the criticism is coming from some utter Bell ends on Social Media and stupid wee laddies (Block 7) who need to be educated on the meaning of the word hypocrite . 

4 minutes ago, AndyM said:

So would I. I don't pretend to know anything about what he is bringing to the table and I would not have appointed him. But it's a hell of a hill the Hibs Board have picked to die on. However they are being helped that some of the criticism is coming from some utter Bell ends on Social Media and stupid wee laddies (Block 7) who need to be educated on the meaning of the word hypocrite . 

Who is this block-7 crowd? sound right up my street.

Just now, 2426255 said:

Who is this block-7 crowd? sound right up my street.

Teenage Ultras. Add cheap alcohol and marching powder for instant arsehole.

For all the talk about fans boycotting County when MacKay was appointed I don't think their crowds went down.  Will Hibs fans stay away if results improve?  I doubt it.

The only reason he got the job is because he’s best pals with Malcolm McPherson is it not? I’m very surprised it’s not been a pick straight from Bill Foley.

Seen this sort of outrage a few times too which just makes absolutely no sense given the players he signed at County.

A lot of these folk will be at games if we do well, there’s absolutely no doubt about it. Duncan McKay from the terrace is probably the only one I’ve seen say he chucked it with Scotland when Malky went there and he’ll be doing the same with Hibs.