Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

16 hours ago, Swarley said:

Not partner, but daughter (I'm not from Fife). Found out yesterday that she's been cooking noodles in the microwave using a saucepan. And has been doing this for weeks. How she's not burned the house down I do not know. Made her watch a video of what happens when you microwave metal and she won't be doing it again.

Does she then empty the noodles into a bowl to eat? If so, why would she not just...

You know what, never mind.

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

Does she then empty the noodles into a bowl to eat? If so, why would she not just...

You know what, never mind.

Yes, that's precisely what she does. Empties the noodles into the saucepan, adds water, puts in microwave, then empties noodles into bowl to eat. The saucepan is small but it can't turn round in the microwave due to the handle.

6 hours ago, Swarley said:

Yes, that's precisely what she does. Empties the noodles into the saucepan, adds water, puts in microwave, then empties noodles into bowl to eat. The saucepan is small but it can't turn round in the microwave due to the handle.

This is one of those "I have failed as a parent" moments.

It's OK, we all have them. Blaming your own parents helps, I find.

My partner and her family are absolutely mental in terms of asking stupid questions.  She asks questions that she obviously knows I have no idea what the answer is, such as “who was that that came in the front door there?”, when I am sat in the same room as her, at the opposite end of the house to where the front door is.

She insists that her Dad comes over every Sunday for his dinner, and he just talks through absolutely everything that we are watching on telly, asking at least five times each night who such and such is and what they have been in before.

It is genuinely destroying my soul and my happiness that that I have every Sunday evening ruined when all I want to do is sit in my pants watching shite telly, but instead we’re stuck watching Antiques Roadshow because he likes it.

2 hours ago, Davy the Dug said:

My partner and her family are absolutely mental in terms of asking stupid questions.  She asks questions that she obviously knows I have no idea what the answer is, such as “who was that that came in the front door there?”, when I am sat in the same room as her, at the opposite end of the house to where the front door is.

She insists that her Dad comes over every Sunday for his dinner, and he just talks through absolutely everything that we are watching on telly, asking at least five times each night who such and such is and what they have been in before.

It is genuinely destroying my soul and my happiness that that I have every Sunday evening ruined when all I want to do is sit in my pants watching shite telly, but instead we’re stuck watching Antiques Roadshow because he likes it.

Bluetooth headphones for the TV, and hold the remote with an iron fist?

4 hours ago, Davy the Dug said:

If you have contacts within the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation, you could perhaps secure a small amount of Novichok which, if added to the f-i-l's dinner, would result in your Sunday evenings becoming more enjoyable.

On 25/05/2024 at 09:05, BFTD said:

This is one of those "I have failed as a parent" moments.

It's OK, we all have them. Blaming your own parents helps, I find.

Is stupidity also one of those things that can skip a generation like male patent baldness? 

1 hour ago, greendot said:

Is stupidity also one of those things that can skip a generation like male patent baldness? 

Thankfully, it appears to be.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is that when a baldy heid is shiny?

It's when you're SO bald it's like you invented the concept.

Beyond catastrophic; the Alpha and Omega of hairlessness.

Telling work colleagues that I'll give them a lift, without thinking to ask me first. I ended up dropping someone on Saturday, and they insisted they were quite happy to walk from the end of the road, but no, the wife pipes up "don't be daft, we'll drop you right at the door". I've told her that'll never happen again. 

7 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Why do we have 12 pillows on the bed? We only use 2 or 3 each. 

12? We only have 6.  And 9 cushions of course. 

On 24/05/2024 at 14:41, Salt n Vinegar said:

Have any P&Bers ever....

My mate used to run a guest house on Arran. He's a bit of a character, likes a drink.

Came home foo and put a fray bentos pie in the oven, one of those old school AGA cookers. He didn't remove the lid

a while later he is awoken by an explosion in the kitchen as the oven door is blown clean off...........his dog is at this point patiently waiting on chunks of steak dripping from the ceiling.