Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

55 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

My one pulled it right out the bag last night and this morning.
The other day, she decided to arrange a Hogmanay get together with our next door neighbours, who randomly happen to be a couple from Dumfries I’ve known since school. This was up until 7pm last night just as we were about to head next door, when she decided she wasn’t feeling well and wanted to go to bed. I made the point that she’d organised the plans, next door had made food and got drink etc so I was still going. This was all okay at the time as she was just going to bed, or so I thought. I rolled in at 6am and did the honourable thing and slept on the couch for a couple of hours. Turns out, she couldn’t sleep and had a miserable night lying in bed, while I had the audacity to enjoy myself at the night next door that she’d planned.

f**k the pleas to stay at home then, eh? 

The other day, she decided to arrange a Hogmanay get together with our next door neighbours, who randomly happen to be a couple from Dumfries I’ve known since school. This was up until 7pm last night just as we were about to head next door, when she decided she wasn’t feeling well and wanted to go to bed. I made the point that she’d organised the plans, next door had made food and got drink etc so I was still going. This was all okay at the time as she was just going to bed, or so I thought. I rolled in at 6am and did the honourable thing and slept on the couch for a couple of hours. Turns out, she couldn’t sleep and had a miserable night lying in bed, while I had the audacity to enjoy myself at the night next door that she’d planned.

@philpy you know what to do.

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Why didn't she shop the lot of you?

6 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

the actions of a bunch of knobs

On 29/12/2020 at 10:19, MONKMAN said:

Wakes up this morning at 7am, opens to the curtains to see it’s ice and snow outside, then proceeds to open every fucking window in the flat to “air the place out”. 10 minutes later, she complains it’s absolutely freezing, closes the windows and fires the heating on full belt.
Now this happens almost every morning in life and I’ve tried to get a reason for doing so, but it would appear there’s no logical explanation other than her mother does the exact same thing.

This is like when someone offers you a mint, isn't it.

She's implying you've stunk the the flat out during the night, probably with rancid nocturnal emissions, and it's bad enough that she'd rather freeze to death.

Her: if we want to buy we need to cut out frivolous spending and clear the credit card.

Me: agreed, tight 4 months and we’ll be fine and then let’s start enquiring

Her: good, oh by the way I booked Blythswood square for our anniversary in February for 2 nights.

Me: stares blankly across the room at her.

We were supposed to be getting married today but obviously aren't cos Covid. We've rearranged to the end of this year so, for me, today is just another day. She's spent the day so far basically moping about the house and generally being miserable.

I get it to some extent but its not as if we're never getting married - it's just a bit later than planned. I've pointed out to her that once we are married the 2nd January will mean nothing but it seems this was the wrong thing to say.

I'm now away to get drunk and watch the football so at least I'm still doing 2 of the 3 things I originally had planned for today.

13 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

We were supposed to be getting married today but obviously aren't cos Covid. We've rearranged to the end of this year so, for me, today is just another day. She's spent the day so far basically moping about the house and generally being miserable.

I get it to some extent but its not as if we're never getting married - it's just a bit later than planned. I've pointed out to her that once we are married the 2nd January will mean nothing but it seems this was the wrong thing to say.

I'm now away to get drunk and watch the football so at least I'm still doing 2 of the 3 things I originally had planned for today.

Probably wanting pumped tbh. Try that.

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

Her: if we want to buy we need to cut out frivolous spending and clear the credit card.
Me: agreed, tight 4 months and we’ll be fine and then let’s start enquiring
Her: good, oh by the way I booked Blythswood square for our anniversary in February for 2 nights.
Me: stares blankly across the room at her.

Ah, the old, "now that I've finished my spending, we really need to do something about our debt" trick.

Sent me a menu of someplace she wants to order from tonight and I've to look at it. Text me at 2pm saying to go to hers at 5:30pm. 3pm says plans have changed. 3:30pm plans are back to normal. 4pm plans have changed. 4:10pm she's sorry but everything is sorted and back to original. 4:15pm she's not in the mood of where she originally wanted to order from. 4:45pm asks why I haven't messaged. 5:10pm we should just leave tonight as I'm obviously not really that into the idea anyway. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sent me a menu of someplace she wants to order from tonight and I've to look at it. Text me at 2pm saying to go to hers at 5:30pm. 3pm says plans have changed. 3:30pm plans are back to normal. 4pm plans have changed. 4:10pm she's sorry but everything is sorted and back to original. 4:15pm she's not in the mood of where she originally wanted to order from. 4:45pm asks why I haven't messaged. 5:10pm we should just leave tonight as I'm obviously not really that into the idea anyway. 

Aye, it's obviously not her to blame...

She's phoned me at 1am, blootered. Sat and drank on her own in her house and wanted me to go along and talk. I declined. She's then went to get in her car to come to mines so I've pleaded with her not to, chucked clothes on and run along. Absolutely fucking knackered she's then come out with "I've no idea why you're here. I'll never be good enough for you. You're wanting a moulded girlfriend blah blah blah". Put her to bed, waited about 20 minutes and now I'm back home. Awake at this ungodly hour whilst stone cold sober and not going to work is fucking awful but that be that relationship finito. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

She's phoned me at 1am, blootered. Sat and drank on her own in her house and wanted me to go along and talk. I declined. She's then went to get in her car to come to mines so I've pleaded with her not to, chucked clothes on and run along. Absolutely fucking knackered she's then come out with "I've no idea why you're here. I'll never be good enough for you. You're wanting a moulded girlfriend blah blah blah". Put her to bed, waited about 20 minutes and now I'm back home. Awake at this ungodly hour whilst stone cold sober and not going to work is fucking awful but that be that relationship finito. 

1567709886_wallacegf.jpg.89a5e3241326fd831e37548ceab406da.jpg

She'd be putty in your hands, mate.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Get her fired into the sea.

Sounds a bit complicated mate. Maybe have a chat to her once shes sobered up. Doesnt sound like she's in a great place.

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

GTF out of there rapid.