Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Yep, same here. Any time I've lived with a woman, the toilet paper use has been exponentially higher.

Sheryl Crow famously only uses one sheet, but surely there has to be a middle ground between Mrs Skidmarks and requiring a new tree to be harvested every week.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Yep, same here. Any time I've lived with a woman, the toilet paper use has been exponentially higher.

Sheryl Crow famously only uses one sheet, but surely there has to be a middle ground between Mrs Skidmarks and requiring a new tree to be harvested every week.

No wonder Bobby was always so angry

We use those bags for shopping that cost a ridiculous amount to buy in supermarkets. 

She moans when the bags are in the car as "there's no space in here because of those bags cluttering up the space", she's now moaning there are no bags in the car for her to use to go to the supermarket 🤬

This weekend will be mainly spent, by me, washing and hoovering her car, taking photos and putting it up for sale and dealing with the fudnuggerty 'what's your lowest price mate' enquiries. Apparently she doesn't like doing 'that sort of thing'. If it was up to her she would be lining the pockets of Philip fucking Scofield and accepting at least a grand under what the car is worth.

Anyone's partner physically incapable of not looking at sell by dates when they go shopping? I swear she does it just to piss me off these days, and it certainly works.

She picked up a bag of satsumas on Friday, and I only discovered last night that the best before date was yesterday. Apparently, she looked at the colour of them all, and picked the ones that looked best. It's not as if they've got a date printed on the label in which they've to be consumed though eh?

2 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Anyone's partner physically incapable of not looking at sell by dates when they go shopping? I swear she does it just to piss me off these days, and it certainly works.

She picked up a bag of satsumas on Friday, and I only discovered last night that the best before date was yesterday. Apparently, she looked at the colour of them all, and picked the ones that looked best. It's not as if they've got a date printed on the label in which they've to be consumed though eh?

"best before" isn't the same as "use by", though.

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"best before" isn't the same as "use by", though.

I'm quite aware of that. But there's a lot needing used, but fruit can go on the turn any time. It's not like crisps which would last for months.

That was merely a recent example. She does it all the time. Buys loafs of bread and the likes with a day left on it. It can last a day or 2 at best beyond that, but trying to use a loaf of bread in 2 days is a bit of a pain in the arse.

23 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Yes this happens to me and it’s infuriating. Plan meals for the week, then comes back and all of the meat has a use by date of 2 days away as she’s just picked the first one on the shelf, so all of it inevitably is off by the time we actually go to use it.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yes this happens to me and it’s infuriating. Plan meals for the week, then comes back and all of the meat has a use by date of 2 days away as she’s just picked the first one on the shelf, so all of it inevitably is off by the time we actually go to use it.

Yup. She does it with mince and chicken as well. Even milk. I'm pretty picky about dates when I'm doing the shopping, but I swear she just grabs something and doesn't even contemplate it.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Bread can easily keep for a week past its date if you keep it in a sealed container. Judging fruit and veg on appearance/feel isn't any less accurate than the dates on the pack either.

Fruit and veg can be on the turn by the time you get it tbh, even with days left on the date.

I'm sure there's ways to keep bread fresh too, including freezing it if needed. But seriously, how hard is it to just have a wee look at dates and try and pick one that gives us a few days?

Bread can easily keep for a week past its date if you keep it in a sealed container. Judging fruit and veg on appearance/feel isn't any less accurate than the dates on the pack either.
Much as I dont want to take this in a direction that leads me into visualising what's in your fridge, you are correct. Dates are pish. Feel/smell/taste/appearance is adequate.

Which leads me to..... Lobbing stuff into the bin that's past its date without checking to see if it's actually usable

Tesco have actually removed best before dates from a lot of their fruit and veg to discourage waste age. Best before I usually ignore provided the stuff isn’t rancid. I wouldn’t ignore use by though. 

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Tesco have actually removed best before dates from a lot of their fruit and veg to discourage waste age. Best before I usually ignore provided the stuff isn’t rancid. I wouldn’t ignore use by though. 

Even use by I will use as a guide but ignore if it smells and feels fine. However the principle of choosing the furthest away dates (regardless of use by or best before) is an easy and basic one as the further the date, the fresher it is so I share the initial annoyance with choosing shit dates.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Even use by I will use as a guide but ignore if it smells and feels fine. However the principle of choosing the furthest away dates (regardless of use by or best before) is an easy and basic one as the further the date, the fresher it is so I share the initial annoyance with choosing shit dates.

Absolutely correct. I regularly get dirty looks from Tesco staff for lifting boxes up/out and taking fruit or meat from the bottom or back. f**k them. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Rugster said:
Absolutely correct. I regularly get dirty looks from Tesco staff for lifting boxes up/out and taking fruit or meat from the bottom or back. f**k them. 

I genuinely thought that was standard practice.

It’s why I don’t really like the idea of online Tesco shopping. Though to be fair we’ve used it twice due to circumstances and the dates on everything have been fine. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

It’s why I don’t really like the idea of online Tesco shopping. Though to be fair we’ve used it twice due to circumstances and the dates on everything have been fine. 

Yeah done online a couple of times and dates were generally okay, but I would undoubtedly have got better by doing it myself.