Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

A minute ago I wasn't to be silly when talking about Juniors joining the seniors and now here you are admitting it's dying.  I don't think that's the big question at all, and I reckon many junior clubs already have the answer to it.

The pyramid system is a directive from EUFA which the SFA has to implement there will still be a place for junior football in the coming years as it will still be a question of choice. Hopefully any new set up can breathe life into Scottish football which has been dying for years

8 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Have the 15 been officially accepted.or is the deciding meeting still to come ?

The deciding meeting was the EoS EGM, and it is worth reading their official press release listing the clubs which have joined, and  confirmation that the requisite fee has been paid.

TheEoS statement also stated that late applications will be considered, providing they are received by the EoS AGM in early June (apparently). Subsequently it is claimed by a couple of posters that Craigroyston FC has submitted an application. There may be others, although this is probably just speculation at this stage.  

Edited by Robert James
spelling typo

1 minute ago, tombrown said:

All accepted to both league and accosiation.late applicants will be decided at the e.o.s. agm

Fees paid and they are in...now its the league reconstruction for next season that will be the interesting next step then for the Association at their meeting coming up soon.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

To be pedantic not all  of the 15 were accepted, because Dundonald deferred their application to 2019/20 and one of the two amateur clubs withdrew their application.

To be equally pedantic, Clydebank's application is for entry in 2019/20, to allow time for Holm Park's redevelopment.

Presumably this could change if a West pyramid feeder league is created in the meantime (?)

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

The original 12 have been accepted as have dundonald and Clydebank for next season. Late applicants will be decided at agm

Plus 1 amateur club, Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts, making it 13 new entrants for 2018/19, plus 2 for 2019/20 (Dundonald & Clydebank).

Vale of Leithen may increase the number of new entrants to 14, if Cove beat Cowdenbeath in next Saturday's SPFL play-off, as they will be relegated alongside Hawick.

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

Is it on the agenda to revisit this?

Who knows but if the Juniors do come abroad their existing East region staddles the two level 5 regions so surely would have to look at the boundary line - tier 5 is made up of two regional pyramids. You can't have a tier 6 league in both - it would go against the whole purpose of a pyramid and would make relegation from Highland/Lowland more complex than it would need to be. Are the East Junior winners from A. Fife or B. Tayside? A. goes into LL, B goes into HL. But the club to be relegated are from Wick and there's nowhere for them to go in tier 6... Unworkable without major consideration.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Checks to see what I've missed today,

sees its more of the same tear stained nonsense from those being left behind and the  debunked myth that clubs are solely moving for the money getting another run out from the "grade" merchants.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

By the way, I have just had a helpful conversation/reply from "Khufu2" about possibly extending the Junior Cup to all senior non-league clubs. Do you agree with his response ?

As I have told you before, I don't do insults.

We can't even get the scheduled games played on time as it is never mind adding another load into the mix plus in the West we will have 30 League games now to fit in as well.

But I would quite happily welcome non league clubs.

3 minutes ago, drs said:

Checks to see what I've missed today,

sees its more of the same tear stained nonsense from those being left behind and the  debunked myth that clubs are solely moving for the money getting another run out from the "grade" merchants.

We must be reading different posts.

And why do you think the EoS will be better? Fixture lists.....

I've been down this road easy answer is the funds and grants camelon can get can help the club integrate with its youth teams and become a bigger comm nity club rather than just having one team

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

To be pedantic not all  of the 15 were accepted, because Dundonald deferred their application to 2019/20 and one of the two amateur clubs withdrew their application.

No amateur club applied or withdrew.just to put the record straight.nor did mussleburgh windsor.

1 hour ago, BENJI BOY said:

Fees paid and they are in...now its the league reconstruction for next season that will be the interesting next step then for the Association at their meeting coming up soon.

The two parallel divisions will both be at tier 6, which will be competitive throughout the season with clubs aiming to finish in the top half of their table, thereby ensuring that they remain at tier 6 for 2019/20. The bottom half of each will form the '2nd' division, at tier 7 for 2019/20.  It is understood that either

* the 2 club finishing as winners of their respective division, will have a play-off to decide which one is promoted to the Lowland,   OR

* if the Lowland agrees to 2 promotion and relegation places next season, both EoS divisional winners could be promoted. This may involve playoffs with the SoSL champions

This assumes that the 'champion clubs are licensed, and that the WoSL isn't formed until 2019/20 or later. 

The EoS has to decide whether the clubs will be seeded to try to equalise the strength of each division. Alternatively they could go for a north/south split, but this would probably mean that one division is stronger than the other.