Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I imagine what'll happen is; Some clubs will get duped into the 'Super Ra Joonyur league', the WOSFL will end up with some smaller teams leapfrogging the 'bigger' teams. Once it's too late, the teams that were lied to will be stuck on the outside looking in. Probably blaming the 'traitors' rather than themselves. They'll then be stuck between trying to get into the pyramid and trying to save face.

Once this WOSFL is set up, the pyramid has not reason to engage, or try to appeal to, with the remaining west teams. It's blatantly obvious, and has been for some time, that there's only one show in town.

I'm taking it it's Gordon ronney that's coming to your meeting ?
He is going to Largs meeting on Monday. Don't know about ours but I presume he might be or another West Region management committee.

Complete cluster f**k for the supporters in my opinion and as I said before Junior teams may not now apply to Lowland League backed West of Scotland League.

6 minutes ago, Shannon said:

He is going to Largs meeting on Monday. Don't know about ours but I presume he might be or another West Region management committee.

Complete cluster f**k for the supporters in my opinion and as I said before Junior teams may not now apply to Lowland League backed West of Scotland League.

To be fair he doesn't seem as bad as I thought maybe a genuine nice guy his reasons he says is to get everyone in the pyramid but its probably going to backfire muddy the waters and split opinion. His solution was probably the answer 12 months ago had they stood upto tj then and said no tam we will go in as we are and you can sort something else for the east and eosfl and lowland league probably would have helped but now they are that fed up with them they set up their own 

13 minutes ago, Shannon said:

He'd better give better answers than the ones he's been putting on Twitter because I don't think "done deals" will be accepted unless they are in writing from the organisation they are doing a deal with.

6 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Its hopefully only going to last a week. Once the LL/EoS put out there information for applying to the WoSFL it will sway things to a breaking point.

By the looks of things the West Region are just looking to tack on the existing league structure they have so they won't have any sort of application process or deadline to work to. Whereas the LL/EoS is going to have the deadline of 31st March and some sort of application form. You'll start hearing about clubs applying for it and then it's over.

36 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Is he acting alone? has anyone asked him on what mandate he is doing this?  it's beyond ridiculous!

Beenze has gone very quiet................

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

And another thing - I thought the Juniors this year were to prove they could do a fixture list and be completed in time for the play-offs to the Lowland League (when they were talking about done deals).

image.png.e8dd1f4d9f345b965a18686c912375d0.png

image.png.7e9c0b4487108c09724dfd4a1fbc7ede.png

With games to be played on the 9th May and 13th May as well.

Auchinleck Talbot's May for Premiership games currently looks like Sat 2nd, Wed 6th, Sat 9th, Wed 13th, Sat 16th and Wed 20th.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

The WRSJFA need to produce cast iron documentary evidence that their version of the WoSFL will absolutely without any shadow of a doubt get access to the pyramid and promotion would be accepted by the LL.

And they need to do it before 31st March, otherwise there is only one decision to make for teams who want to join the pyramid.

The WRSJFA need to produce cast iron documentary evidence that their version of the WoSFL will absolutely without any shadow of a doubt get access to the pyramid and promotion would be accepted by the LL.

And they need to do it before 31st March, otherwise there is only one decision to make for teams who want to join the pyramid.
Totally agree.

14 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

And another thing - I thought the Juniors this year were to prove they could do a fixture list and be completed in time for the play-offs to the Lowland League (when they were talking about done deals).

In their defence, if the champions were going to take part in the LL play-off then they would need to have floodlights by February's licensing committee meeting. So for example Auchinleck's backlog could probably be cleared in time if they installed floodlights right now, and the league could even be prioritised over the WOS cup. There's also the Sectional League Cup which could be scrapped/changed to free up midweek dates early on.

However the talk of SOS clubs applying to join the WOS raises the prospect of a being able to remove a weakened SOS from the LL play-off. And then eventually it could be replaced by automatic promotion from east and west which would provide an extra two weeks in the season if needed.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, Shannon said:

The winner between the LL and the West juniors won’t be known until 7th June or maybe before"

What he is referencing is probably the SFA AGM, which will probably be May due to the Euros.

At that point the new WoSFL will formally adopted.

There isn't going to be a "competition" between two leagues with SFA members voting to see which one is the winner, this is fantasy stuff 😂

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

So for example Auchinleck's backlog could probably be cleared in time if they installed floodlights right now, and the league could even be prioritised over the WOS cup. .

What if they are held up with away fixtures against clubs without floodlights. This season was meant to be the proving season.

15 hours ago, G4Mac said:

The situation regarding junior clubs entry into the pyramid has been a simple one to resolve since roughly 2 years ago.

The west is and always has been an open goal (the wrsjfa have had ample opportunity to negotiate their own terms but have chosen not to).

The ersjfa has and always will have to join the eosfl if it wants to be part of the pyramid set up.

Tayside clubs north of the line are probably the most hard done by, but the line is there for a reason and they have to go north. Those south of the line come south and join the eosfl.

The sjfa have not been able to negotiate because they have continually entered negotiations wishing to be treated as the only show in town. 10 years ago this may have been stomached because 10 years ago the junior had a stronger case to say they were.

Right now junior football is not the only show in town, the LL, HL, sosfl and eosfl have worked hard to better their individual and collective products and are 100% correct to have walked away from negotiations given how they have went.

What is now clear is that the sjfa, and its individual regions, will do whatever it takes to keep what they have, regardless of its detrimental effect on their own membership.

This displays that they havent entered into negotiations in good faith and will not be happy until they get the pyramid set up the sjfa want, without any consideration given to other clubs, other associations and the pyramid structure itself.

It's becoming more hassle than it's worth to have the juniors as part of the pyramid. If this were a business deal I'm pretty confident the other parties would have walked away and not even considered setting a new venture up.

The wrsjfa are currently forgetting that the LL have to ratify any new league under their own. Bypassing the LL straight to the sfa literally makes zero difference. The LL will still decide what league they acknowledge and which one(s) they dont

'It's becoming more hassle than it's worth to have the juniors as part of the pyramid. '

Sums it up perfectly.

I imagine what'll happen is; Some clubs will get duped into the 'Super Ra Joonyur league', the WOSFL will end up with some smaller teams leapfrogging the 'bigger' teams. Once it's too late, the teams that were lied to will be stuck on the outside looking in. Probably blaming the 'traitors' rather than themselves. They'll then be stuck between trying to get into the pyramid and trying to save face.
Once this WOSFL is set up, the pyramid has not reason to engage, or try to appeal to, with the remaining west teams. It's blatantly obvious, and has been for some time, that there's only one show in town.

I hope to Christ Meadow aren’t duped by this guys ‘vision’

I’m honestly done with it if we stay in a separate WOS league with no progression.

2 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

'It's becoming more hassle than it's worth to have the juniors as part of the pyramid. '

Sums it up perfectly.

In case the "hassle" turns into a legal challenge by the West Region Junior Football Association, it might be helpful to read this extract from the SFA Handbook 2019/20  :-

FORMATION OF ASSOCIATIONS, .LEAGUES, etc.

18.1  Associations, leagues, or other combinations of clubs, officials, players, or referees, shall only be formed with the consent of the Scottish Football Association.

18.2  An affiliated national association, may where appropriate, and subject to the overall authority of the Scottish Football Association, give consent to an association, league, or other combination of clubs, officials, players, which would normally be expected to participate in that grade of football. 

The "consent" (18.1) and the "overall authority" (18.2) clearly lies with the SFA.     A legal challenge by the WRJFA ?  On what grounds ?

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

In case the "hassle" turns into a legal challenge by the West Region Junior Football Association, it might be helpful to read this extract from the SFA Handbook 2019/20  :-

FORMATION OF ASSOCIATIONS, .LEAGUES, etc.

18.1  Associations, leagues, or other combinations of clubs, officials, players, or referees, shall only be formed with the consent of the Scottish Football Association.

18.2  An affiliated national association, may where appropriate, and subject to the overall authority of the Scottish Football Association, give consent to an association, league, or other combination of clubs, officials, players, which would normally be expected to participate in that grade of football. 

The "consent" (18.1) and the "overall authority" (18.2) clearly lies with the SFA.     A legal challenge by the WRJFA ?  On what grounds ?

and am I correct in thinking the SFA have given consent to the Lowland League to operate a new WOS for next year?
So the LL are in the throws or getting it up and running with new and existing members

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

and am I correct in thinking the SFA have given consent to the Lowland League to operate a new WOS for next year?
So the LL are in the throws or getting it up and running with new and existing members

Yes, as far as I am aware. I would anticipate a statement from the SFA during the next 7 or 8 days.