Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

They raised no objections but that doesn't mean they are going to rerrange the furniture to suit.

I have no idea why some people are so determined to have an argument over this. The LL provided a set of conditions required to make the competition compatible with the pyramid that are now being voted on by SJFA members.

3 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Wakey wakey sunshine,they are now "Seniors" first and foremost,with the WoS league games and cups plus the Scottish cup taking priority.

Some are only keeping affiliated membership to play in the junior cup as part of their tradition/history,already Darvel,Cambuslang,Clydebank and Kilwinning have said it's not for us.

Prediction :  IMO a minimum of six clubs, and probably more, WoSL ex-Juniors will be licensed in time for season 2021/22, and will therefore enter the Scottish Cup at that time. Once this happens, interest in the Junior Cup will fade, year on year.  Again IMO, this will become more evident once some of the top West clubs gain promotion to the Lowland League, with the possibility of following Edinburgh City and Cove Rangers into the SPFL. 

Time will tell.

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I have no idea why some people are so determined to have an argument over this. The LL provided a set of conditions required to make the competition compatible with the pyramid that are now being voted on by SJFA members.

Where is that coming from? I understood it to be clubs were able to retain SJFA membership. I wasn't aware they were voting on a 'set of conditions'. Maybe they are, but I haven't seen that said with any reliability.

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Nobody's arguing over it. All the LL/PWG did was accept the idea of clubs remaining members of the SJFA likes others are members of the EoSFA & SCFA. Let them know that pyramid competitions would take precedence and left it all up to the SJFA. Which is why the SJFA are only now getting around to voting on it.

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Where is that coming from? I understood it to be clubs were able to retain SJFA membership. I wasn't aware they were voting on a 'set of conditions'. Maybe they are, but I haven't seen that said with any reliability.

The set of conditions are that senior clubs in the WoS can still retain SJFA membership despite no longer being part of a junior region, that there will be no replays for the SJC in future, and that WoS and SCC fixtures take priority over SJC ones and not vice versa meaning that the WoS/LL/EoS/SoS fixture secretary calls the tune on when SJC games can be scheduled. This has been posted about over and over again on here so it is frankly baffling that you could be oblivious to this.

Nobody its oblivious to anything and you admit that the SCC and other WOSFL fixtures take priority the thing LTL you seem to not grasp is it's not for the Lowland league or WOSFL to accommodate the SJC it's the other way around so it's now up to the SJFA to approach the WOSFL to see what dates will be available and try and fit there tournament around it so if they cant fit it around they dates then its going to be a problem for the SJFA not the WOSFL 

Edited by Ped

No they didn't. What is being voted upon has nothing to do with the LL. It is the SJFA who need to facilitate the conditions to allow clubs who don't play in their leagues to compete in the SJC.

I only see you LTL arguing about it as every one else know it's the SJFA problem to deal with it's not the teams WRJFA or the new WOSFL to worry about it the WOSFL will allocate free weeks to either the SJFA or to therr clubs and it will be left to them to deal with these fixtures if they cant get played on that certain date due to postponement then it will be up to the SJFA and the 2 clubs who are involved in the postponement to re arrange it and most likely will have to be played in a midweek slot like what happens in the senior Scottish cup 

As I understand it, Kennie Young *is* going to be involved in the fixtures process as time goes on, but I don't see what will compel him to accomodate a minor cup competition when there will be at least 4 competitions (3 cups / 1 league) that take precedence.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

As I understand it, Kennie Young *is* going to be involved in the fixtures process as time goes on, but I don't see what will compel him to accomodate a minor cup competition when there will be at least 4 competitions (3 cups / 1 league) that take precedence.

Kennie Young was the WRSJFA fixture secretary so what does he have to do with WoS at this point? The WoS is a new senior league that will have a new set of officeholders. The LL who are handling the launch of the WoS have already agreed that SJC participation can continue subject to certain conditions. Where does compulsion enter the picture? 

There were no "set of conditions" at all, all the LL said was that clubs were free to retain SJFA membership but that League (and now SCC) fixtures would always take priority. So perhaps people are picking you up on it as once again you're making stuff up.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There were no "set of conditions" at all, all the LL said was that clubs were free to retain SJFA membership but that League (and now SCC) fixtures would always take priority. So perhaps people are picking you up on it as once again you're making stuff up.

First he says there is no set of conditions then in the same sentence he proceeds to outline one of the conditions. No point trying to reason with him.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Kennie Young was the WRSJFA fixture secretary so what does he have to do with WoS at this point? The WoS is a new senior league that will have a new set of officeholders. The LL who are handling the launch of the WoS have already agreed that SJC participation can continue subject to certain conditions. Where does compulsion enter the picture? 

Kennie Young will be its fixture secretary, once things have been set up.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

When was this decided?

Formally? I would guess that will follow. Informally I am firmly led to believe, reliably I hope, that Hibee Jibee of these parts will kick things off and Kennie will take over thereafter. The office bearers will form out of the existing clubs and I am sure Kennie will be able to hitch his wagon to one in order to take the role on. I feel he has done a good job this year, there were issues here and there but the lack of floodlights is a major constraint. At least the wrecking ball that is the Junior Cup will no longer have such power.

If I am wrong about Kennie, feel free to come back to this post! Reinventing the wheel is a waste of time.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

When was this decided?

It hasn't been because WoS is still being run by George Fraser and the LL. What has been mentioned in some posts is that the LL/EoS fixture secretary (HibeeJibee) is likely to also handle the WoS. This makes sense so that the SCC can be coordinated easily.

16 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Kennie Young will be its fixture secretary, once things have been set up.

I really don't think that is the case. Kenny McLean will do the fixtures. Office duties will be passed to other people from within wosfl. Nothing about wrsfja will be involved